Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2010, 12:02 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,839,439 times

Advertisements

Most definitely New York...if you can make it in New York you can make it anywhere
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2010, 12:03 AM

224 posts, read 604,969 times
LA all DAY. You cannot match the quality of life in CALIFORNIA, if you love beautiful weather and outdoors. There is no place like LA, and no place like Cali. On top of that, you have Vegas and SF, Mammoth,Tahoe, SB all within a decent radius. Not to mention San Diego, Mexico ect ect. La>Ny.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 AM

224 posts, read 604,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
When will the madness stop? (But since this is a city forum it's acceptable )

L.A will never surpass NYC in anything that matters. (Economy, business, Transportation, Publishing, Fashion etc.) By the time L.A steps up (Or not), NYC would have already done it. I'm also sick of these threads "L.A or NYC. . . Which is better" Its really no contest. Personal preference is the only opinion anyone should need.

Once again, NYC is the definition of a World City. L.A is an example of a typical American city. As for now NYC is driving in it's own lane (As far as America goes).
Spoken from someone who has never left his pod.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:05 AM

244 posts, read 568,057 times
LOL@ nothing beats LA.

You clearly don't get out much.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
Why are LA lovers so upset that people prefer in general much prefer NYC?

It's like people from Toledo Ohio stamping their feet in anger that they don't match Paris or Tokyo.

Everything posted by Studded Leather was accurate. On paper, New York City is in a different stratosphere than Los Angeles, whether that hurts your little feelings or not. Grow up and get over it.

Did you honestly really believe Los Angeles and New York City are on the same level?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:16 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
I guess you didn't read my original post. Typical.

And I've seen some people that's not from NY, pick NY over L.A so it's not just "Us".

Why can't people have an opinion?

Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
I guess you didn't read my original post. Typical.

And I've seen some people that's not from NY, pick NY over L.A so it's not just "Us".

Why can't people have an opinion?
You're not alone.

On nearly every survey known to man re: desirability and favorite cities, New York City is always #1 and LA is always at the absolute bottom.

Hell, it seems like Las Vegas is even a more of a desirable city to Americans than Los Angeles according to these polls.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:18 AM

1,405 posts, read 2,449,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post

It's like people from Toledo Ohio stamping their feet in anger that they don't match Paris or Tokyo.

Everything posted by Studded Leather was accurate. On paper, New York City is in a different stratosphere than Los Angeles, whether that hurts your little feelings or not. Grow up and get over it.

Did you honestly really believe Los Angeles and New York City are on the same level?
Thanks you, I'm glad I'm not alone in this place. You get rep for that!

Old 08-18-2010, 12:23 AM

62 posts, read 79,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC90 View Post

You know whats funny, why compare NYC to LA if their not on the same level. You can't even compare the two. Different lifestyle, Weather, Urban area vs urban sprawl. Bad comparison.

Old 08-18-2010, 12:32 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,695,352 times
There are simply too many of these LA vs. NY threads asking which is better in this or that category. People have different opinions. Why can't LA be considered a world class city? It is just as much of an international city as NYC is. Both are diverse in terms of the nationalities, ethnic groups and languages represented. LA is nice if your place of work is located close to your residence or all of your friends live in the same area you do. NYC is nice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City