U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:59 AM

3,732 posts, read 4,555,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Californians bash California the most. Just look on the California forum if you don't believe me. I don't know of any state forum on City Data that has so many of its own RESIDENTS so angry all the time. Even when they move out of the state, they come back to the California forum and STILL bash California.

However, I think people are generally have stronger feelings one way or the other about a place the more time they spend in it. Thus, its common to have a situation where the biggest homers come from exactly the same place as the biggest critics. Also, personal factors seem to mesh in with how you view a place. Like me, I view LA with a lot of neutrality because a lot of messed up things happened to me there (I grew up there, of course), but I also had so many good memories there. That's just my take on it.

In addition, this IS the internet, where a shield of anonymity protects us from any negative reprocussions outside of this forum for saying things that wouldn't otherwise be said in real life. As a result, people can vent their frustrations online more often than not, despite being relatively nice, quiet people in real life.

This is just my take on it. Hell, I drove through Oregon with California plates, and a mob with pitchforks didn't come on I-5 and chase me out. Although, it was weird having someone pump my gas for me.....

You should check out the Florida forum then, specifically Miami.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2010, 12:16 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,522,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
What is wrong with you people? Do you people do drugs or something before getting online with your stupid antics daily and commentary, do you ever get tired of being you even for a day because of how much trouble you can cause, do you ever feel guilty about always bashing unknown people you may not know, do you ever feel guilty about being such a pitiful waste of time to your educators because you're doing exactly the opposite of a logical person?... this is not the United States of South America, or the United States of Midwest America, or the United States of Northeast America, or the United States if West America...

If you people always differentiating the damn regions ever graduated from college I want you all to go to where ever your diploma is and quickly burn it. You don't deserve it and you are too stupid to have one, don't flatter yourself thinking you are smart generalizing.

Honestly you people who literally bash an entire region and all regions have over 55+ million (at the least) people are sickening and despicable. Get a real clue, and before this site, I never associated any part of America in regions, I thought of California as California and Texas as Texas. You people that do are disgusting.
I get what your saying but the U.S is so big and regions so far apart and different. You have to expect people to have a "grass is greener/browner on the otherside" mentality

Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,265,147 times
All of them.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:58 PM

5,280 posts, read 3,265,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmolnar View Post
the whole country, every region, bashes cleveland for any and every reason they can find.
I don't. When I hear Cleveland, the first thing I think of is the Cleveland Clinic and the fact that the doctor who performed life saving heart surgery on a family member did his residency there.

My mom was also born there so I wouldn't bash it for that reason alone.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:07 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,995,029 times
Twin Cities and Chicago folks definitely like to bash Milwaukee/Wisconsin, yet they all own vacation homes in Northern WI.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM

973 posts, read 870,159 times
NYC : Every region
Charlotte : The North, and Virginians

Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 AM

353 posts, read 320,439 times
ATL suburbanites ---> Actual ATLiens. Yes you Alpharetta.

Old 08-17-2010, 07:39 AM

13,344 posts, read 13,588,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
and lack 4 seasons. That is what they have in common. The entire South? I could care less about the rest of the South. Not on the radar at all for me since I don't have to live there. I'd rather be in Maine. Nice big PINE TREES.

Naples is not beautiful. It is all contrived and artificially created for tourists and snowbirds. Do you think all these palm trees in the medians of the roads grow there naturally? The median of the road where I live used to have flower beds. They tore those up and put up palm trees. Gotta have PALM TREES, forget the flowers.
Florida has tones of Pine trees actually. Pines trees are a common plant in front of peoples houses, apartments, and parks in Southeast Florida(West Palm, Fort Lauderdale, Miami). Look and see

North Miami: North Miami - Google Maps

Hollywood FL: North Miami - Google Maps

West Palm Beach: West Palm Beach, FL - Google Maps

Old 08-17-2010, 07:53 AM

2,117 posts, read 2,505,743 times
Massachusetts gets "bashed" the most by people from New Hampshire.

....but who really cares? They shut up when they cross the border to work every day, or come to Boston to go to Fenway and drive incompetently.

Old 08-17-2010, 08:03 AM

13,344 posts, read 13,588,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifeshadower View Post
Californians bash California the most. Just look on the California forum if you don't believe me. I don't know of any state forum on City Data that has so many of its own RESIDENTS so angry all the time. Even when they move out of the state, they come back to the California forum and STILL bash California.

However, I think people are generally have stronger feelings one way or the other about a place the more time they spend in it. Thus, its common to have a situation where the biggest homers come from exactly the same place as the biggest critics. Also, personal factors seem to mesh in with how you view a place. Like me, I view LA with a lot of neutrality because a lot of messed up things happened to me there (I grew up there, of course), but I also had so many good memories there. That's just my take on it.

In addition, this IS the internet, where a shield of anonymity protects us from any negative reprocussions outside of this forum for saying things that wouldn't otherwise be said in real life. As a result, people can vent their frustrations online more often than not, despite being relatively nice, quiet people in real life.

This is just my take on it. Hell, I drove through Oregon with California plates, and a mob with pitchforks didn't come on I-5 and chase me out. Although, it was weird having someone pump my gas for me.....
I think the Florida threads can vouch for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City