U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,646,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Hahaha you should see the one in Rome, Italy. I think that one can compete, made entirely out of marble. It's baller for a McDonalds, and theres one somewhere in North Carolina that is based off a Mansion design and atmosphere and all that good stuff.

There were others on the list that were in other world class cities that do top NY's. But compared to the rest of the country, it's definitely most unique and nicest.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:23 PM

8,489 posts, read 17,408,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
If you are in NYC and all you can find is an Applebee's, a Red Lobster, chinese, or 2 dirty diners you obviously aren't trying very hard....either that or you are just posting lies to make NYC look worse and the South look better. And as for the 40 minute wait at Applebees in NYC, I can guarantee that most of them were tourists from the South who are afraid to try local places and not NYC locals. Most Southerners when they vacation up north they will stick to the same chains they know back home...which I just don't understand.
Not posting lies and I know the neighborhood very well, there is nothing else within walking distance.

I can also guarantee that most if not all except for me currently lived in the neighborhood. How many southern tourists do you see in the Bronx? I can see all the tour books now.

I find it hilarious that you post ridiculous generalizations about approximately 100 million people yet when I bring up just an area within a city that I am positive that I am more familiar with than you, you claim I am lying.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 PM

3,261 posts, read 7,629,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Hahaha you should see the one in Rome, Italy. I think that one can compete, made entirely out of marble. It's baller for a McDonalds, and theres one somewhere in North Carolina that is based off a Mansion design and atmosphere and all that good stuff.
I have seen that on the Travel Channel. The show was called the Most Unique McDonald's.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:25 PM

2,161 posts, read 3,871,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
This is Downtown Houston Mcdonald:

Mcdonalds - Google Maps
I don't like McDonald's that much, but the one in downtown SA always looked neat to me.

I can't link it but it's 101 Alamo Plaza, if you look it up.

Speaking of chains, has anyone tried that new taco at Taco Bell? I typically hate them, but I was just wondering if that one with the new commercial was actually good or another scam.

Last edited by Lovely95; 08-10-2010 at 09:35 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
There were others on the list that were in other world class cities that do top NY's. But compared to the rest of the country, it's definitely most unique and nicest.
It is just a McDonald's, they all have the same food.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:26 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,646,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
It is just a McDonald's, they all have the same food.

But we're talking about unique chain restaurants.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:29 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,179,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
I have seen that on the Travel Channel. The show was called the Most Unique McDonald's.
They did that exact same show on MTV once, and I saw it there. I normally watch a lot of MTV... it was surprising to say that they had some very informative things about it.

Like a McDonalds in Alaska people drive snow mobiles through the drive thru, and etc...

I also like to watch Viva La Bam, for those that know what that show is. Ahhhh yeah!

Old 08-10-2010, 09:32 PM

12,391 posts, read 23,761,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovely95 View Post
I don't like McDonald's that much, but the one in downtown SA always looked neat to me.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=nl
Speaking of chains, has anyone tried that new taco at Taco Bell? I typically hate them, but I was just wondering if that one with the new commercial was actually good or another scam.
not sure, looks like they are attempting to make an authentic taco though...too many taquerias cutting into their gorditas and chalupas maybe when they have carnitas, barbacao, lengua, chorizo etc then i'll check it out.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:35 PM

Quote:
But we're talking about unique chain restaurants.
This McDonald's in Dallas is very unique.

Old 08-10-2010, 09:41 PM

8,489 posts, read 17,408,853 times
Quote:
I think it's so funny how people from outside the NYC area think NYers actually eat at these restaurants. There's a reason why these chains are in Times Square--TOURISTS. Nearly 90% of the people in Times square are tourists. NYC has to cater to their tastes. I can't tell you how many tourists I have met growing up in NYC who were afraid of trying the good mom and pop type restaurants, and ended up at the safe chains.
Those restaurants are all over NYC in areas that have no tourists also so try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or