U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 06:42 PM

2,758 posts, read 6,433,769 times

Advertisements

You know, I'm not a thing like that. When I visit a city in the North, East, West, and South, I always want to go to a local favorite restaurant. When most chains are available where I live, why would I want to travel to Chicago or New York or LA to eat int the same **** place? My only thought on the subject is that some people are not adventuresome and could eat the same **** thing everyday.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 PM

8,489 posts, read 17,408,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Crust like a cracker (pun intended). It cannot be folded in half without breaking in half. PAINTED with sauce and cheese. Celeste is better than pizza places in Florida.

It doesn't take a GENIUS to make sauce. It is even CHEAPER than buying bottled stuff. You buy a great big can of tomatoes, put garlic, onion, oregano, etc. Forget it. I seriously don't think Mom and Pop pizza restaurants in NY are buying RAGU to make their sauce. Take that from an ITALIAN/AMERICAN. It is not difficult. Hell, maybe I SHOULD open a pizza store in Naples. This place is an insult to it's name, and yes, my family IS from Naples, ITALY, originally.
I like how you completely ignored my question.

And the fact that you are Italian American or that your family is from Naples means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:12 PM

14,005 posts, read 21,953,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
I work at a pizza shop in Florida called Marco's. We use mozzarella cheese and make our pizza's from scratch. And this isn't a mom and pop restaurant either but it's not as fake/commercialized as say a Domino's or Pizza Hut.
Watch out Clean-Polo before they get mad. You're committing heresy before he eyes of the Northeast. BLASPHEMY!!

Old 08-11-2010, 07:15 PM

14,005 posts, read 21,953,057 times
Like I said in the last thread NYC=Italian. You guys can have the title of best locally owned Italian food. I already gave it to you guys. But you guys wanted to be recognized for your Mexican also. EH.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,448,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
So then it is just that one Applebee's in the Bronx that the locals go to. OK

Here's a clue, if the demand did not exist for them they would not exist and there are at least 31 Applebee's in NYC.
someone pm kony and ask him whats good with bx residents and applebee's.
what are the numbers looking like

anyway, its common knowledge that a lot of companies want to break into the ny market but its not so easy. non transplants aren't going to chain restaurants like that at all. i guess its a cultural difference.

i'm done going back and forth with you on this. i don't care if there were 44,000 applebee's, dinosaurs, pizza huts, del tacos, and whatever else, nyers are not into chain restaurants over mom and pop ones at all.

it just isn't so no matter how much you want it to be. i'm sorry.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:18 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,892,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Watch out Clean-Polo before they get mad. You're committing heresy before he eyes of the Northeast. BLASPHEMY!!
Lol, I'm just saying man. There are too many generalizations on this site. I thought I'd be the immature 22 year old here, I guess not since theres older people on this site saying even stupider things.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:21 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,179,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol, I'm just saying man. There are too many generalizations on this site. I thought I'd be the immature 22 year old here, I guess not since theres older people on this site saying even stupider things.
I'm 20, and my first impression was that people on this site were younger than me based off of maturity. Lol, I totally understand your post.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:23 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 6,448,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Like I said in the last thread NYC=Italian. You guys can have the title of best locally owned Italian food. I already gave it to you guys. But you guys wanted to be recognized for your Mexican also. EH.
i would argue (somebody find the numbers) as i said in the last thread, more mexicans are moving here by far than italians and italians are moving out.

its already common knowledge that little italy is shrinking and chinatown is taking over.

as far as the food aspect goes, ny IMHO does have the best italian food. i agree with you there.

with that said, ppl need to stop acting like ny doesn't have good _____ food, because ny does. mexicans are an increasing population here and there are A TON in queens. they are swarming in some areas. them and the central americans. 10 years later and the numbers will be even more fascinating then they are now. it used to be that you didn't even hear of a mexican in ny like that and now they own all types of everything.

anyway, going back to the food. specifically speaking about mexican food, which i'm not that into, the thought of ny having good mexican food makes some ppl irate for some reason. stop believing in stereotypes. if there's one thing that remains constant about ny its that it is forever changing. come back to ny and try the mexican food. you will be surprised at the quality, i'm sure.

ride the 7 train and see if you're not surprised by the amount of mexicans and central americans that you see. get off in jackson heights and walk around.

like i said before, i was chillin when a mariachi band started playing on the train on my way home from jackson heights. just throwing that example out there.

like 99% of riders on the train were mexican. me and like 2 other black ppl are the last mohicans.

that isn't a knock. i like mexicans (and central americans) and enjoyed my time in el paso and the women are hot to me. everybody was nice in el paso, for the most part.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,646,595 times
Default The first time I ever went to an applebee's

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
someone pm kony and ask him whats good with bx residents and applebee's.
what are the numbers looking like

anyway, its common knowledge that a lot of companies want to break into the ny market but its not so easy. non transplants aren't going to chain restaurants like that at all. i guess its a cultural difference.

i'm done going back and forth with you on this. i don't care if there were 44,000 applebee's, dinosaurs, pizza huts, del tacos, and whatever else, nyers are not into chain restaurants over mom and pop ones at all.

it just isn't so no matter how much you want it to be. i'm sorry.
or any of those other chains, was when we were on the road going to daughter's hockey games out of our area, or out of state, and I couldn't cook myself, or go to a local restaurant in our neighborhood.

I cook myself. Home cooking is better than any fast food restaurant.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:27 PM

3,732 posts, read 6,892,332 times
I may be wrong but I believe Corona, Queens has the most Mexicans out of anywhere else in New York.

Last edited by clean_polo; 08-11-2010 at 07:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or