U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 38 34.23%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 15 13.51%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 40 36.04%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 18 16.22%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 12:05 AM

1,771 posts, read 1,956,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
ob4cl2 was ill, period. the best ish to drop in 09 and def IMHO the best album to drop since...i don't know. a long time. most ish out now is garbage. can't even cop an album anymore at all. 99% of the stuff out now isn't even worth a download. the mixtapes better than the albums.
True, all that sh*t garbage to me. None of my favorite rappers are doing anything right now, Lupe's album keeps getting pushed back.. he's from chicago tho.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 12:05 AM

10,180 posts, read 5,221,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
....another one of these threads, huh?
I made this thread the day before that other guy made the Hockey + Hip Hop thread. In fact he only made it because there was a thread going on about Hockey and this thread of mine on Hip Hop...

Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 AM

5,098 posts, read 4,693,755 times
"...the white people laughin at us, that's what's happenin" --pimp c

....my sentiments exactly.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 AM

1,363 posts, read 1,862,383 times
I don't know why some heads on the East Coast wanna claim Pac. I live on the East Coast. I live in Maryland, a former home of Tupac, of all places. Almost no one bumps Pac out here. All they play is Biggie on the radio and in the clubs out here on the East Coast. I went back to San Francisco last month and they bump Pac on the radio everyday. You can hear cars bumping Pac anywhere in The Bay. He collaborated mostly with Bay Area artists previous to his Death Row affiliation (excluding Buckshot from Black Moon and Gang Starr). Spice 1, Ant Banks, Mac Mall and Pac were a team putting out dope Bay Area sh*t back in the 90's. Pac repped the Bay and the West till his death.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:26 AM

1,268 posts, read 1,089,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
I don't know why some heads on the East Coast wanna claim Pac. I live on the East Coast. I live in Maryland, a former home of Tupac, of all places. Almost no one bumps Pac out here. All they play is Biggie on the radio and in the clubs out here on the East Coast. I went back to San Francisco last month and they bump Pac on the radio everyday. You can hear cars bumping Pac anywhere in The Bay. He collaborated mostly with Bay Area artists previous to his Death Row affiliation (excluding Buckshot from Black Moon and Gang Starr). Spice 1, Ant Banks, Mac Mall and Pac were a team putting out dope Bay Area sh*t back in the 90's. Pac repped the Bay and the West till his death.
Because he was born here. He moved from NYC (To Baltimore) in his teens. Therefore he's from the east.

I don't "claim" Pac but truth is he's from here. He didn't feel like that, so he's "from the West"
And he didn't even sound like he was from the west. People just don't know facts and swear he was a "West coast rapper"

He was just making money/living there. East coast born and raised.

Old 08-27-2010, 01:57 AM

3,732 posts, read 4,555,819 times
I know Tupac was born in Harlem and raised in Baltimore/Bay Area, but he's always seemed like a Los Angeles rapper to me.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:13 AM

7,886 posts, read 9,719,658 times
Default I Like Freestyles

YouTube - Lady Luck, Babs, Murda Mook and TL Freestyle Part One!!!!

YouTube - Go Hard or Go Home ft. Hedonis Da Amazon, Malik 16, go-d (Digiwaxx Cypher 3/26/09)

Old 08-27-2010, 06:17 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,522,715 times
Problems with hip hop

1.kats is burning themselves out on mixtapes and there albums end up sounding worst than the mixtapes

2.Dudes is taking too long to actually drop an album in the first place. Good example is juelz, wheres dukes album? We been waiting for like 5 years now. Drake too, thank me later should have come out when best i ever had was hot. He would have did that 1million in a week

3.Too many rappers, some dudes just need to play their position and just ghostwrite for more marketable rappers

4.Finally the problem with nyc specifically is- Too many people are looking for the next hot rapper when ny should be worried about finding the next hot PRODUCER. Nyc needs a new sound, we have rappers that can spit on every corner that shouldnt be our priority. We need that new producer with that new sound thats going to lace dudes with them fire beats

O and i almost forgot------90'S babies are the consumer market now

Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 PM

7,886 posts, read 9,719,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Problems with hip hop

1.kats is burning themselves out on mixtapes and there albums end up sounding worst than the mixtapes

2.Dudes is taking too long to actually drop an album in the first place. Good example is juelz, wheres dukes album? We been waiting for like 5 years now. Drake too, thank me later should have come out when best i ever had was hot. He would have did that 1million in a week

3.Too many rappers, some dudes just need to play their position and just ghostwrite for more marketable rappers

4.Finally the problem with nyc specifically is- Too many people are looking for the next hot rapper when ny should be worried about finding the next hot PRODUCER. Nyc needs a new sound, we have rappers that can spit on every corner that shouldnt be our priority. We need that new producer with that new sound thats going to lace dudes with them fire beats

Fixed. It's interesting that you say that though because now you see the rise of rappers like Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, etc. now that the 90's babies hold weight. But the 80's babies too, they also make a big deal about being an "80's baby". I heard the 70's babies didn't do that.

But I agree with everything you said (1-4).

Old 08-27-2010, 06:43 PM

1,771 posts, read 1,956,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Problems with hip hop

KONY ima be honest with u. Nobody is really lookin at NYC as far as hiphop right now, its been about the south since 03 and i think its slowing down yet. U can go a whole day and not hear a NY rapper on the radio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City