Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 43 33.59%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 19 14.84%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 44 34.38%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 22 17.19%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 05:15 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times

Advertisements

what other examples. post them please.

having the power of a dollar ep on vinyl doesn't make you "qualified" to speak on ny hip hop and it doesn't mean that you know about what you're speaking about. especially with some of the "blasphemous" stuff you've been posting today to be blunt.

anyway forget all that. post more examples of 50 on supposed southern beats. i wanna hear them all before i comment on that.

i also would like to know what him spitting over a "southern style" beat have to do with anything at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 PM

4,515 posts, read 9,696,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Are we listening to the same 50? I got that Power of The Dollar EP on vinyl and heard just about everything from him up until Forever King.

^That aint a typical NY drum pattern...

There's other examples but I aint gonna bother.
Wow lol. This is not a southern beat.. This is r&B mix with a little Hip Hop. Ne-yo is an r&b singer.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:18 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,208,299 times
Quote:
I don't get all the hype for Freddie Gibbs... he's the definition of an average rapper. And I got family out in Gary... I've been in most of the places in his videos. IMO he's just average.
LOLOLOLOLOLOL Freddie Gibbs is one of the best rappers in the business...

Average?

Old 08-30-2010, 05:20 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,747,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Wow lol. This is not a southern beat.. This is r&B mix with a little Hip Hop. Ne-yo is an r&b singer.

They use the drum pattern all the time in the south. Read the post again. And I said increasingly... I didn't say he was trying to be Gucci Mane.

And lol at 4 people trying to gang up on me...Obviously there's a lot of NY love on this board.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:21 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,730,128 times
Quote:
They use the drum pattern all the time in the south. Read the post again. And I said increasingly... I didn't say he was trying to be Gucci Mane.

And lol at 4 people trying to gang up on me...Obviously there's a lot of NY love on this board.
get used to it. its usually 15 to 1 against us in any given topic. now go find more examples of 50 over southern beats and post them please so that i can reply to it.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
what other examples. post them please.

having the power of a dollar ep on vinyl doesn't make you "qualified" to speak on ny hip hop and it doesn't mean that you know about what you're speaking about. especially with some of the "blasphemous" stuff you've been posting today to be blunt.

anyway forget all that. post more examples of 50 on supposed southern beats. i wanna hear them all before i comment on that.

i also would like to know what him spitting over a "southern style" beat have to do with anything at all.
blasphemous? rofl... take your hip hop certified card and shove it. Know anything about The Cenobites? Godfather Don? Know what effect they had on Company Flow and the rest of Def Jux/Rawkus Records? Know about The Juggaknots? Know about Prince Paul and the influence he had on the RZA back in the Gravediggaz days? I've been listening to the east coast... step back. And I mentioned the Power of the Dollar EP to say I've been listening to 50 since the beginning.

It has to do with the fact that he's currently NY's best known representer other than Jay Z.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:28 PM

2,106 posts, read 6,629,374 times
Quote:
get used to it. its usually 15 to 1 against us in any given topic. now go find more examples of 50 over southern beats and post them please so that i can reply to it.
what? i see more NYC love than any other city on here.. the homerism is hilarious and pathetic all bundled into one delusion package.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:32 PM

2,781 posts, read 7,208,299 times
Quote:
I can think of quite I few I'd take over him.

J Da Vinci would be one.

J Da Vinci - Concrete Jungle Juice

J Da Vinci - Ben

He's not bad, but he's nothing special. His flow is mad wack. Doesn't compare to Freddie Gibbs at all.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Quote:

Again, hop off. Find them yourself... It doesn't take that much looking.

Some of yall are pathetic... people like yall are the reason why Hip Hop Is Dead almost went platinum. Buying into the same attitudes that got Pac and Biggie killed in the first place... face it. NY is not the center of the universe, and it aint the center of the rap universe. It's the heart, but rap doesn't revolve around NY.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHG722 View Post
He's not bad, but he's nothing special. His flow is mad wack. Doesn't compare to Freddie Gibbs at all.

Thank you for telling me why you think my taste is wack like I give a ****... grow the **** up. Wasn't talking to you. If you prefer Freddie Gibbs, all power to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City