U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 37 33.64%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 15 13.64%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 40 36.36%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 18 16.36%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 08:24 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,302,242 times

Advertisements

lol walk through bk and see how fake a crip in ny is. even just going through certain parts, gang or no gang is crazy. you want no parts of the blocks along the A, C, L, 2 or 3 line in bk lol. day or night.

and gucci wasn't always rich.

lil wayne is fake IMHO but its common knowledge (apparently) in n.o. that baby and slim are not. they might not really be bloods but baby and slim's names are known for shady stuff according to what i've heard. they weren't to be messed with back in the day. also, wayne is good (no greenlight on him). IMO he paid ppl but thats just me.

a lot of these rappers are affiliated through neighborhoods and/or pay sets for protection.

ny was wild before bloods/crips/ms came and it will be wild after. run up on one of these fake sets and you could still get killed.

oh and ms is very real in ny...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 09:04 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,519,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenchild08 View Post
More words of wisdom from someone who doesn't even know what the world outside of NYC looks like. I don't want to hear any opinions about West Coast rap from some one who has never seen life west of the Hudson. I've lived on both coasts and I have a right to talk about both coasts.

I'm from the Golden State. You know, the place where all your rappers get their lingo, and fake Blood/Crip shtick from. In fact, my hood in Lakeview created familiar lingo that I've heard East Coasters imitate from what Down South rappers have uttered. For example, my hood in Cali spawned the phrase "What's up Pimpin'". And the funny thing about it is that the Bay Area never had to rely on corporate record sales or mainstream exposure to gain such widespread cultural influence. If y'all East Coasters ever went to Cali, you clowns would throw on khakis and Chucks and start Crip walking and twisting up your fingers into W's. But don't do that in The Bay because we don't play that paint-by-numbers color coded Blood/Crip gang banger sh*t that NYers, East Coasters and Down South cats think is so cool.

I'ma let Cellski tell you where I'm from:

Yeah, but because of corporate record sales to an over 70% White male suburban audience that buys records from Best Buy and watched your videos on MTV, your songs are the soundtrack to suburban teenage Whiteboy rage which significantly lessens the value of your music. "Shook Ones" and "C.R.E.A.M." are angry Whiteboy anthems. "The young Black youth" original target audience for Public Enemy, KRS-One, Wu-Tang, Mobb Deep, Boot Camp and Nas songs would rather listen to OJ da Juiceman and Gucci Mane because Black kids know that 90's New York music is mostly for well-to-due White folks 30 and older. FAIL. Read about the people who really appreciate 90's New York music here:

#116 Black Music that Black People Don’t Listen to Anymore Stuff White People Like

If New york rappers have such good business sense, then why are East Coast executives just getting hip to the independent game that made Bay Area rappers like Too $hort and E-40 rich for nearly 30 years! The East Coast is late! We've been eating lovely off of our own independent scratch and not sucking White corporate d*ck. Look at Dame Dash talking about the importance of being an independent artist here:

Video: Dame Dash Gives Currensy & Asher Roth Words Of Wisdom! Says Rocafella & Ruff Ryders Shouldve Made Albums Together, How Rappers Need To Stick Together & Not Needing Major Labels

This essay that you wrote can be easily negated by a sentence: Hip hop itself started as an independent hustle in new york.

Cats was selling records at parties and out the trunk since the seventies. Hip hop didnt start out as a billion dollar powerhouse.Ny was independent a whole decade and change before the bay even knew about rap or hip hop do your homework before compelling your fingers to type non-sense

* The concept of gangs started in new york dating back to the 1800's should i may add aswell*

Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM

5,262 posts, read 7,797,408 times
This thread sucks now.

Old 09-05-2010, 12:27 AM

6,920 posts, read 6,926,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
This thread sucks now.

It's sucked for a while now. The topic was a flame war begging to happen and despite the fact that the beef's been over for 15 years now, this thread somehow got spun to 50 something pages of back and forth my-coast-is-better-than-yours.

Anyway, back to posting classic bay ish.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:07 AM

5,262 posts, read 7,797,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
It's sucked for a while now. The topic was a flame war begging to happen and despite the fact that the beef's been over for 15 years now, this thread somehow got spun to 50 something pages of back and forth my-coast-is-better-than-yours.

Anyway, back to posting classic bay ish.

Yeah, I meant "now" meaning the past 10 pages.
It's not really you though. It's those "you know whos" that think their city is the center of the universe.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:46 AM

7,883 posts, read 9,709,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Because there's only two rappers in the Bay Area.
Those are the 2 rappers that GC08 listed, I guess N130 was addressing that.

And yes this thread does suck now. And honestly it's coming from both sides. Have fun.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:52 PM

6,920 posts, read 6,926,878 times
This song's still ridiculous:

Old 09-10-2010, 12:26 PM

3,560 posts, read 4,604,992 times
new west coast

nipsey - la

YouTube - Nipsey Hussle - Feelin' Myself (Explicit) ft. Lloyd

lil b - this is different from usual...

YouTube - Lil B - Real Life (DEPRESSING BUT UPLIFTING)MUSIC VIDEO DIRECTED BY LIL B

YouTube - The OCS feat Glasses Malone, Jay Rock & XO Hometown [Official Video] HD

pac div

YouTube - Pac Div (Offical Video) HD

dom kennedy

YouTube - DOM KENNEDY Menace Beach

Old 09-11-2010, 02:14 AM

3,732 posts, read 4,550,981 times
I don't know if anyone mentioned it yet but,

YouTube - Nas ft. Jay-Z- Black Republican

This song bodies anything the West Coast has put out in the last couple of years.

Old 09-11-2010, 07:28 AM

7,883 posts, read 9,709,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
Damn, that's heavy.

And everytime I replay it I catch onto something else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City