Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which did you like more?
It's all about the East Coast, you know it! 43 33.59%
It's all about the West Coast, you know it! 19 14.84%
I liked both, but I liked East Coast more. 44 34.38%
I liked both, but I liked West Coast more. 22 17.19%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:48 PM

364 posts, read 717,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
The east coast fell off big time tho in the late 2000's... there's been next to nothing interesting coming out of NY for the last 4 years. OB4CL2 got overhyped because it was OB4CL2, Dipset is done, Jada and Styles are still the only ones who can spit worth a damn in D Block and BP3 was garbage. Corey Gunz never did anything with his career, Cam's washed up and that Nas & Damian Marley was just average. The whole NY scene has been stagnant anyway... people still rapping on the same premo beats and spitting the same flows... NY needs a new direction.

Ditto....
And yeah I was let down by OB4CL2 myself, the first one was like my 6th grade soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
lol NYC radio is sounding better now than it ever did in the last four years. Theres alot of new artist making noise. They just gotta get more national exposure. But right now new york is looking promising.

And i thought OB4CL2 was straight crack
If that new Mysonne song everybody in NYC is going crazy over is any indication of what yall got then I think the rest of the country can wait fammo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 12:50 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,213 times
Quote:
The east coast fell off big time tho in the late 2000's... there's been next to nothing interesting coming out of NY for the last 4 years. OB4CL2 got overhyped because it was OB4CL2, Dipset is done, Jada and Styles are still the only ones who can spit worth a damn in D Block and BP3 was garbage. Corey Gunz never did anything with his career, Cam's washed up and that Nas & Damian Marley was just average. The whole NY scene has been stagnant anyway... people still rapping on the same premo beats and spitting the same flows... NY needs a new direction.

Alot of east coast cats are tryin to collab with southern dudes now and vice versa(ie. gucci mane with talib kweli) . Interesting..

Old 08-10-2010, 12:53 PM

364 posts, read 717,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
Alot of east coast cats are tryin to collab with southern dudes now and vice versa(ie. gucci mane with talib kweli) . Interesting..

WTF?!?!...

Gucci and Talib Kweli?????

I hope they abort that one.....lol.
I like both but I dont want to hear them on a song together.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,829 times
Quote:
If that new Mysonne song everybody in NYC is going crazy over is any indication of what yall got then I think the rest of the country can wait fammo.

Na no mysonne.
Fred da godson-fire

YouTube - ‪So Crazy Fred the GodSon‬‎

Dipset Salute-Fire

YouTube - ‪The Dipset - Salute (Prod. By ArabMuzik) [Exclusive]‬‎

Nore- Nutcracker- Fire

YouTube - ‪N.O.R.E - Nutcracker [Prod. by Scoop DeVille]‬‎

Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,746,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
lol NYC radio is sounding better now than it ever did in the last four years. Theres alot of new artist making noise. They just gotta get more national exposure. But right now new york is looking promising.

And i thought OB4CL2 was straight crack

OB4CL2 was a good album but that's all it was... it wasn't a new OB4CL like people hyped it up to be, and I didn't want it to be either. NY rappers spend too much time trying to recapture the 90's.

all of CA's been putting out crack in the last 5 years with newer rappers like The Jacka, Nipsey Hussle, Yung Brodee, J Da Vinci, Planet Asia, Pretty Black (RIP), Jay Rock, J Stalin, Husalah and vets like San Quinn, Yukmouth, Messy Marv... the list goes on. Here's some songs:

Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,308,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
WTF?!?!...

Gucci and Talib Kweli?????

I hope they abort that one.....lol.
I like both but I dont want to hear them on a song together.
yeah i saw it and i was like "well damn" lol Theyre like the total opposite tho.

YouTube - ‪Gucci Mane - Poltergeist (feat. Talib Kweli)‬‎

talib is a beast and i dig some of gucci's stuff but this is something else

Last edited by mas23; 08-10-2010 at 01:12 PM..

Old 08-10-2010, 01:03 PM

224 posts, read 604,759 times
What is played on MTV is generally pretty bad, with exceptions like 2pac.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:33 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,323,321 times
I normally don't like songs like this but this beat is fire. I don't care but this is my song (and the beat ain't wack lol). This is one of the songs that's on the radio in NY right now.

YouTube - ‪Vado ft. Cam'ron "Speaking in Tungs" Music Video [ OFFICIAL VIDEO ] [ HD ]‬‎

I like Cam'ron, songs like Weekend Girl:

YouTube - ‪Cam'ron - Weekend Girl‬‎

And I ain't really hear nothing from Mysonne after he battled Ness from making the band.

Edit: This is my 5,000th post...wth.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:20 PM

398 posts, read 993,454 times
When I was a youngster coming up I liked:

Dr. Dre (The Chronic)
Snoop Doggy Dogg (Deep Cover, Doggystyle, Murder Was The Case)
Bone Thugs-n-Harmony (Thuggish Ruggish Bone)
Nas (Illmatic)
OutKast (Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik)
Wu-Tang Clan (36 Chambers)
Scarface (The Diary)

Rap fell off sometime around 1996. The best time was 1993-1995. West Coast vs. East Coast was stupid. Scarface was from Houston. Bone was from Cleveland. OutKast was from Atlanta. All that East Coast vs. West Coast thing killed hip-hop. I liked the L.A. gangsta rap sound (Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg) better than the New York sound. But I liked some New York rap like Illmatic and 36 Chambers.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,088,829 times
Quote:
OB4CL2 was a good album but that's all it was... it wasn't a new OB4CL like people hyped it up to be, and I didn't want it to be either. NY rappers spend too much time trying to recapture the 90's.

all of CA's been putting out crack in the last 5 years with newer rappers like The Jacka, Nipsey Hussle, Yung Brodee, J Da Vinci, Planet Asia, Pretty Black (RIP), Jay Rock, J Stalin, Husalah and vets like San Quinn, Yukmouth, Messy Marv... the list goes on. Here's some songs:
I already knew it wasn't going to be good as the first one. I happen to think OB4CL 1 is the best,most complete hip hop album of all time. Part 2 was definently better than anything that came out in 2009 though and a return to real music in my opinion

Nipsey hussle "got next" though. Even as a ny guy, i need that real west coast flavor in my life,its been too long. The industry better not papoose him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City