Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times

Advertisements

off topic but i'll never stop laughing at:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 07:38 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,184,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
off topic but i'll never stop laughing at:
Lmao @ Lil Mama ol' wanna be down ass.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:40 PM

Quote:

even influenced him not getting a haircut:

etc. etc.

all that lv ish? kanye. the obscure brand sneakers? ye. polo shirts/sweaters around 04-05? ye had the youth doing that. needed a lv backpack? ye. etc. etc.
I mean Jay takes styles from other people, but who doesn't do that? All I'm saying is Jay deserves some credit too for all the things I listed before.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
HEY! How's that terrible? Ever played hockey? Almost every locker room I was in had Rap playing before and after games... Just saying... Rap is pop culture man. It's not so discrete as it once was. And just because the majority of hockey players are white, doesn't mean that white people don't listen to rap. White people are rappers #1 consumer base. So it's not that 'terrible'
This is true. Rural white Minnesotans love their "hip-hop."

Old 08-26-2010, 01:47 AM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Cann View Post
HEY! How's that terrible? Ever played hockey? Almost every locker room I was in had Rap playing before and after games... Just saying... Rap is pop culture man. It's not so discrete as it once was. And just because the majority of hockey players are white, doesn't mean that white people don't listen to rap. White people are rappers #1 consumer base. So it's not that 'terrible'
Sadly this is true.... Rap is now "pop culture", meaning it can be subjected to talentless, bland, uninspired "artists" (i.e. Soulja Boy of the world....) and weak, watered down lyrics with NO soul or effort (i.e. "I like it because it sounds cute").

Besides, I grew up with white kids who could recite hip hop lyrics ten times better than I ever could, so no, it ain't 'terrible'. Hell, I wish EA put some hip hop songs on the NHL franchise..... GOOD ONES, not what you usually hear on radio every other 5 minutes.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:38 AM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
I'll even give credit to Jay-Z for bringing illuminati/masonic/demonic imagery into music videos. He roped his wife into it, and now even that puppet Lady Gaga is doing it now. That devil-worshipping camel has done a lot alright...

Old 08-26-2010, 09:49 AM

320 posts, read 717,612 times
Quote:
as far as kanye changing jay's image, i disagree. jay did that on his own but jay has been known to bite ppl's styles and he has definitely bitten kanye's styles over the years, to an extent.
I don't know about that. Right around the time Kanye blew up, JayZ suddenly stopped messin with his partner Dame Dash, State Property and Dip Set and then Rockafella altogether. The Roc's thuggish image made it hard for JayZ to polish his image as a legit businessman and mainstream personality. Then comes Kanye West, who was discovered by Dame Dash. He had a much cleaner, marketable and mainstream image. Once he blew up, it made sense for JayZ to keep his close.

Sure JayZ probably changed decided to change his image on his own, but I still say Kanye played a major role in that.

Old 08-26-2010, 01:34 PM

Whats with that whole illuminati bs? You think Jay-Z actually sits around worshipping the devil? C'mon man....people are playing into it too much.

Old 08-26-2010, 02:16 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,706,475 times
No, but Tupac did. Makavelli?

Old 08-26-2010, 02:19 PM

965 posts, read 1,885,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Whats with that whole illuminati bs? You think Jay-Z actually sits around worshipping the devil? C'mon man....people are playing into it too much.
So the symbolism and imagery and lyrics that I've been seeing in a lot of videos lately are a figment of my imagination? Yeah, mmmkay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City