U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Austin or Charlotte?
Austin 22 52.38%
Charlotte 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2009, 08:24 PM

258 posts, read 235,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
Zero History. Are you are history professor? Are you simply judging by observing modern (and beautiful) architectute?

No Culture. Does "Black" culture count? If it does there is more than the average city there. Food, social networks, churches, etc.

"Thats just me". Yup, thats just YOU.
Food, churches, social networks

You might want to try Valdosta GA, they have 10 churches, food (several chain restaurants and have AA meetings (social networks)
Dripping with "culture"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2009, 08:33 PM

294 posts, read 667,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
Food, churches, social networks

You might want to try Valdosta GA, they have 10 churches, food (several chain restaurants and have AA meetings (social networks)
Dripping with "culture"
Like I was trying to point out to the good professor, "Culture" is subjectve. Go to San Antonio and tell Hispanics that their city has none. That SA is full of strip malls and subdivisions.
Let's add to the aforementioned "Black" culture list: festivals, parades, and colleges. Not cultural to you, but full of culture to someone not of your persuassion, right?

Old 07-01-2009, 08:35 PM

10 posts, read 6,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
Dang, I'm Black; I thought I automatically had soul. I guess living in Charlotte, I got my authentic Brotha card revoked. Oh well....
You probably just came back from shopping at target, and bought a coffee at starbucks, and thing you are "unique"

Charlotte sucks

Old 07-01-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBasher View Post
You probably just came back from shopping at target, and bought a coffee at starbucks, and thing you are "unique"

Charlotte sucks

I cannot understand why you guys take this city vs. city stuff so seriously

Old 07-01-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Like I was trying to point out to the good professor, "Culture" is subjectve. Go to San Antonio and tell Hispanics that their city has none. That SA is full of strip malls and subdivisions.
Let's add to the aforementioned "Black" culture list: festivals, parades, and colleges. Not cultural to you, but full of culture to someone not of your persuassion, right?
Okay, so in your opinion everything is culture, I guess it is subjective.
Mine is more along the line of ethnic food, theatre, museums, historical places, colleges and universities. But to each his own. Based on your standard it would appear that there is endless culture anywhere. My version is a little more narrowly defined.

Old 07-01-2009, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by History Rules View Post
Okay, so in your opinion everything is culture, I guess it is subjective.
Mine is more along the line of ethnic food, theatre, museums, historical places, colleges and universities. But to each his own. Based on your standard it would appear that there is endless culture anywhere. My version is a little more narrowly defined.
Bingo! "Black Charlotte" has these in abundance. One might describe them as cultural offerings of a sub-culture. But they are very much legitimate cultural things, at least to certain peoples.
Charlotte also seems to have several new museums opening in the downtown area. One of them is a very large structure housing the AA cultural Museum.

Old 07-01-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Bingo! "Black Charlotte" has these in abundance. One might describe them as cultural offerings of a sub-culture. But they are very much legitimate cultural things, at least to certain peoples.
Charlotte also seems to have several new museums opening in the downtown area. One of them is a very large structure housing the AA cultural Museum.

Maybe I need to go back, it's been about six years.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:05 PM

8,190 posts, read 11,885,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteBasher View Post
No, just came back from Bi-Lo, not because I think I'm unique, but because I was hungry.

And I just told you I was Black; we don't do Starbucks like that.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 25,993,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
And I just told you I was Black; we don't do Starbucks like that.
Well uh. Wait until you get to DC.Seriously

Old 07-01-2009, 11:09 PM

6,249 posts, read 9,684,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
It seems that your sole purpose in having a membership is to bash Charlotte...wait! Charlottebasher! So your purpose is to talk smack about Charlotte? Did the city make you angry or something?

Very strange...
He is a Baltimore member (I think) that is upset Charlotte is beating Baltimore in the skyline thread. I have a feeling who he is, but I won't call him out. He is actually quite funny!!! I NEVER thought Charlotte was great enough to hate untill this guy came along. Better to be hated than ignored I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or