U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Austin or Charlotte?
Austin 22 52.38%
Charlotte 20 47.62%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 10:47 AM

177 posts, read 201,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfieldian View Post
I haven't checked out Austin thoroughly I will be back with a report next year. I do hear Austin is bad for singles over 30 though and is a very "young" city. If this is true, it would be a major turnoff to the city as I'm not in that age bracket and did not enjoy things geared toward early 20 somethings even when I was that age. How is the nightlife in Austin for say 25-40 singles y/o crowd? Specifically young and never married, which is a metric often ignored.
In terms of metrics like this... NYC is #1 for young professionals, while Tampa is dead last for instance, even behind Detroit and Indianapolis.
While I hear Charlotte is just more conservative and family oriented altogether, even compared with Atlanta just down the road.
Those would both be turnoffs to me.
Anyone care to comment?
Highly disagree plenty of outdoor activities for the elderly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 10:50 AM

8,931 posts, read 11,360,883 times
Austin is in my homestate and close to my hometown, but I'd still rather live in Charlotte. That's just how much I don't care for Austin.

Charlotte might be considered pretty dull, but it's still in a nice location. Proximity to the mountains, beaches, and Atlanta and a handful of a few other cool cities. Plus, it's only 11 hours from NYC.

Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM

177 posts, read 201,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ockhamsrazor View Post
lol, as Clint Eastwood would have you to believe.
wrong watch the news gm is the worlds number one automaker agian and detroits unemployment rate steadily drops every month get the facts right mayne
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or