Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: MD Vs MA
MD 31 50.00%
MA 31 50.00%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-12-2010, 11:00 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,809,153 times

Advertisements

Baltimore Vs Boston
MD's Harbor Vs MA's Harbor
MD's Location Vs MA's Location
MD's natural Beauty Vs MA's natural beauty

Go

Old 08-12-2010, 11:07 AM

1,750 posts, read 3,389,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
Baltimore Vs Boston
MD's Harbor Vs MA's Harbor
MD's Location Vs MA's Location
MD's natural Beauty Vs MA's natural beauty

Go

I have a strong connection to both states, so ill take a crack at it:

Baltimore Vs Boston: Both great cities, and Baltimore is very underrated, but Boston by a mile. However, I prefer the Maryland suburbs of DC to the suburbs of Boston.
MD's Harbor Vs MA's Harbor: Both are great, but I prefer MD
MD's Location Vs MA's Location: Bookends to the BosWash megapolis, I will go with Maryland as it is more centrally located and has a milder winter, although summers can be brutal. Both about the same distance from NYC (depending on where your coming from).
MD's natural Beauty Vs MA's natural beauty: Again both are beautiful, but nothing beats the Cape imo, however the Chesapeake is amazing too!

Old 08-12-2010, 11:09 AM

331 posts, read 903,573 times
Maryland

Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 AM

6,625 posts, read 14,450,086 times
Both are very good states...in my opinion:

Boston is better than Baltimore, although Baltimore is very underrated. It gets a very bad rep (although unfortunately a lot of it is earned), but is very beautiful in the harbor. Boston is just on a different level personally.

As far as harbors go, they're both beautiful. Arguably two of the nicest harbor city settings in the country. I'll give this a tie because I love the way Baltimore's surrounds its harbor (does that make sense?) but I love the Charles River's relation to Boston's harbor.

I love New England, but I'll give Maryland the edge in location simply because they don't have to put up with the brutal winters we do.

Massachusetts packs in a lot of beauty for being such a small state. The Berkshires, Connecticut River, Boston Harbor/Charles River, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, Buzzards Bay, and (small) part of the Narragansett Bay. It's a beautiful state.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:07 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
MD's Harbor Vs MA's Harbor: Baltimore

MD's Location Vs MA's Location: Massachusetts

MD's natural Beauty Vs MA's natural beauty: Draw

Baltimore Vs Boston: Boston, aesthetically a tough city to beat. Never really seen a city as polished as Boston, had expected San Francisco to be, but it wasn't. Chicago is the next runner up for it. Anyways I haven't had the opportunity to ever visit Baltimore, but from all the places I have been to Boston makes a tough competition. Boston is more of a standalone city with it's regional culture and is a cosmopolitan city in every way possible. Boston also has some of the most influential educational institutions in the world, and the view you get from your hotel room looking the waterfront is possibly one that you wont ever forget. Boston also has one of the best history in the world, and some of the best sports teams for nearly every sport.
All in all I'm going with Boston here, but it's an unfair judgement for me since I haven't been to Baltimore.

Boston:

http://karawedsmatt.com/BHH.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,958,530 times
Mass is great. If I were to move, it would def be to Mass (or RI).

Old 08-12-2010, 04:56 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,759,177 times
Overall, I think Maryland is a better state. Although, Boston is the better city for things like crime etc. Though, i would still rather live in Baltimore, as its more for me culturally.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:45 PM

1,214 posts, read 2,518,230 times
Wow, beautiful pics of Boston. I usually hate the skyline but I just love those first and last pics. Well anyway...

-No rag on Baltimore cause it's really great and important, but Boston is clearly the more "important", city, in economy, "culture", education. But that's not really important for me (well maybe culture). Personally, I like Boston better, I liked Baltimore alot, I just like Boston alot more. I have spent waay more time in Boston, but it seems more for me anyway.
-It's a tie on the Harbor for me.
-For location, it's Massachusetts. I love New England, and I love the climate. It's closer to NY and CT, both important for me, and well lottsa stuff just for me lol.
-And MA definitely takes natural beauty for me. The Cape, the Berkshires, even Boston is prettier than Baltimore (no offense).

So Mass wins for me, I do think it's the better state (for me), well mostly. I hate MA drivers, and I hate the Boston accent lol. But I go to school in MA, I just deal with it lol.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:11 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Maryland. I just don't like Massachusetts all that much. Well, at all. But I love Maryland. Baltimore is the most underrated city in America. I'll take the Eastern Shore over anything in Mass. Nothing against Massachusetts, I just don't like it.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
MD's Harbor Vs MA's Harbor: Baltimore

MD's Location Vs MA's Location: Massachusetts

MD's natural Beauty Vs MA's natural beauty: Draw

Baltimore Vs Boston: Boston, aesthetically a tough city to beat. Never really seen a city as polished as Boston, had expected San Francisco to be, but it wasn't. Chicago is the next runner up for it. Anyways I haven't had the opportunity to ever visit Baltimore, but from all the places I have been to Boston makes a tough competition. Boston is more of a standalone city with it's regional culture and is a cosmopolitan city in every way possible. Boston also has some of the most influential educational institutions in the world, and the view you get from your hotel room looking the waterfront is possibly one that you wont ever forget. Boston also has one of the best history in the world, and some of the best sports teams for nearly every sport.
All in all I'm going with Boston here, but it's an unfair judgement for me since I haven't been to Baltimore.

Boston:

And where are you pics of Baltimore? NOT FAIR!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.