Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 02:12 PM

22,378 posts, read 38,921,303 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
See, this is why there will never be peace.lol

I specifically said that I've in turn lashed out myself in retaliation, but for the record I've never had anything against Philly; no matter what anyone may think (especially you). Things can quicky change when I'm under fire, make no mistake. That's when the gloves typically come off.

She told the absolute truth. That's a damn shame, you would choose some mess to address me about...SMH!

I think the comment was more related to over boosterism of your city. Portraying in ways that seem far over reaching
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,402,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly;
I think the comment was more related to over boosterism of your city. Portraying in ways that seem far over reaching
Totally off topic but since we're already here, I think the city speaks for itself just as Philly does. But it simply isn't relavent or applicable to every thread or topic created here. I don't feel the need to go on, I like Philly period.

So you totally disagree with her views altogether?
Is she totally off base?

Old 09-04-2010, 02:32 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Thank you. You can't call out someone for something when you go 10x harder doing the same thing.

Old 09-04-2010, 03:56 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidphilly View Post
Get over yourself - this thread is to discuss positives in cities that have had some rough times and the great things happening in these places.

Why not discuss the great things happening in your hometown, many of which are to be very proud of...
NOW WAS THAT ON TOPIC KIDPHILLY!!!!

You homers show you can't handle it....Any critisim of Philly and you must attack!

Once you're able to stop the BS'ing about Philadelphia, then "I'll Get Over Myself".

Again Good things about the Ghetto's is the topic....Ready Set GO!

Old 09-04-2010, 04:14 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Again Good things about the Ghetto's is the topic....Ready Set GO!
Ghettos, eh?

Detroit

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Yes, that is a house.

Baltimore

Cleveland

New Orleans

Philly

Oakland

Old 09-04-2010, 05:45 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,486,240 times
Quote:
^^So am I to assume you're implying that I plug the city into damn near every hole that I can cram it in on CD? Give me a break!
That would be a wrong assumption.

Quote:
And while we're on that topic, weren't you the one attempting to place one city in the same category with another twice it's size? Hmmmm, I guess we all have some spring cleaning to do don't we?
That would be another incorrect assumption, but if you look back at that situation that's a good example of the BS that I called you on. Somebody makes an opinion about certain cities that you don't agree with and you have ***** fits. That's not retaliation, that's just.........

Don't sit there and say things like "See, this is why there will never be peace... I specifically said that I've in turn lashed out myself in retaliation... That's a damn shame, you would choose some mess to address me about...SMH!" when all of those make up your M.O. times 2.

Then you had to nerve to post this.

Quote:
Philadelphia is consistently painted (much more often than not) on CD as a place that I've just never considered it to be. No matter what the discussion/topic entails, you can bet Philadelphia is going to be mentioned as the standard by which other cities should be measured. Sometimes the topics are just too ridiculous to even chime in, but it's an undenyable pattern here on CD. As a result, I always end up pointing out the obvious which in turn looks like bashing, but it's really more of a defense mechanism than anything else.
No matter how true what Blackbeauty212 is saying. That ^ is not true at all.

Quote:
Philly is always presented as the benchmark of what a "real" city is supposed to be on CD when I just don't see it that way at all. I see Philly as more of a place of interest and fascination, sort of like New Orleans from a historical standpoint.
So what is a "real" city supposed to be? Let me guess, it's "pristine" and green and oh so "upscale" right.

Quote:
It just gets so damn annoying, but I won't allow these pinheads to alter my perception or vision no matter what they type. I still enjoy Philadelphia wholeheartedly, but I (like you) would like to see more of an acknowledgement of it's shortcomings because it's just not in line with what's depicted here to me either.
However, if someone acknowledges the shortcomings of certain cities because what they see isn't in line with what you depict you have to go drop a load.

----------------------------------

...as you put it. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 09-04-2010 at 05:57 PM..

Old 09-04-2010, 05:50 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remisc View Post
Ghettos, eh?

Detroit

Yes, that is a house.

Baltimore

Cleveland

New Orleans

Philly

Oakland

wow! those are really nice! where exactly is the picture of Detroit from? what area? I don't recall seeing that particular home. You can see some similarities between the homes too as far as architecture, omitting the oakland home. It seems a little more modern. The Cleveland one actually looks very similar to Indian Village homes here

Old 09-04-2010, 05:51 PM

I meant the baltimore homes looks like Indian Village homes but now looking at the Cleveland one it sort of looks like Rosedale Park homes

Old 09-04-2010, 05:58 PM

Where are all my Camden Buffalo and Newark ppl at? I know I didn't put you all in the title but feel free to comment as well. Seeing how this thread turned out maybe I should have either Camden or Newark or Buffalo in the title

Old 09-04-2010, 06:16 PM

970 posts, read 2,968,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
wow! those are really nice! where exactly is the picture of Detroit from? what area?
That home is located at 97 Winder Street, which is in Brush Park.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City