Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 11:16 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,808,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
You.Are.PATHETIC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 11:19 AM

1,374 posts, read 3,253,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
wow! those are really nice! where exactly is the picture of Detroit from? what area? I don't recall seeing that particular home. You can see some similarities between the homes too as far as architecture, omitting the oakland home. It seems a little more modern. The Cleveland one actually looks very similar to Indian Village homes here

The residence in question actually belongs to a "personal friend" of mine! LOL

How funny to stumble upon their home on city data.
Anyways ...

The Cleveland home is located on Lake Ave, in an area known as "Edgewater" on Cleveland's near west side. It's an historic district that consists of numerous mansions ... all of which have been renovated or restored to their original grandeur. Lake Avenue was known as this cities western "Millionaires Row", with Euclid Ave serving as the eastern locale with the same esteemed designation.

Cleveland has numerous areas like these, throughout the city ... they're absolutely gorgeous, too!

Old 09-05-2010, 11:44 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,808,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Um you really could keep all the negatives about Camden. This is a POSITIVE thread.......is everyone on here incapable of comprehending this????
You honestly shouldn't of mentioned Camden.
It's only about 8 square miles, the good is congested into on small area- And I was able to mention what exactly. You obviously have no credible knowledge of the city to think the city is capable of producing much "good".

You'd have to look where nobody cares to look, to find the good:

YouTube - HAMLET ON THE STREET - Monologue by Craig Bazan in Camden NJ

YouTube - InnerTube Project: Antionette Taylor - Camden, NJ

YouTube - InnerTube Project: Ed Williams on Drums - Camden, NJ

Old 09-05-2010, 01:05 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,889,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You.Are.PATHETIC
No Really you are - The Truth comes out and I guess it stings a bit.....

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Goo View Post
Ok....you win. Now I can go back to living my life in the "war zone" that is Mt Airy...which is ironically filled with beautiful stone homes and stately mansions, wonderful neighbors, fantastic gardens, nice restaurants, serviced by 2 train lines, etc. Boy come to think of it I spend lots of time outside Center City in the "war zones" you speak of; you know places like Chestnut Hill, West Germantown, Roxborough, Manayunk, Andorra, East Falls, University City, Passyunk East, Pennsport, Graduate Hospital, Northern Liberties, Fairmount, Spring Garden, Fishtown, Port Richmond, Mayfair, Fox Chase, Rhawnhurst, Bridesburg, Somerton....even a nice big swath of Kensington. How have I ever survived?.
I never listed one of these area's ghetto except Kensington - so the only ghetto you've really spent any time in was Kenzo...Ok Good for you....NOW TALK ABOUT WHAT GOOD HAPPENING THERE DAMNIT....And LEAVE PITTSBURGH OUT OF THIS....

Old 09-05-2010, 01:12 PM

389 posts, read 1,095,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
No Really you are - The Truth comes out and I guess it stings a bit.....
He doesn't live in Philly, how would the truth sting him? Make some sense woman!

Now if you'll excuse me folks, I'm off to go shoot me some cops.

Old 09-05-2010, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torresdale View Post
He doesn't live in Philly, how would the truth sting him? Make some sense woman!

Now if you'll excuse me folks, I'm off to go shoot me some cops.

He doesn't have too Genius - He obviously has a LOVE for Philadelphia like yourself that allows him to deny the truth....You only have to follow his constant defending of Philly to show....

Now Enjoy shooting it out with the cops....I'm sure UKEE Washington will have it tomorrow morning on the news.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:01 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Wow, what a complete and utter derailing of a topic.

I'll move on to Baltimore for now. The Central region of Baltimore has some amazing amenities, especially the two fine arts museums there. The Cone Collection by itself at the Baltimore Museum of Art would make practically any city an important repository for fine art. Also, any city that gives birth to John Waters should get a prize of some kind. There's also an amazing little community of artists and musicians around the Maryland College Institute of the Arts and there's a constant show from new bands forming and breaking apart. Those are some good things about Baltimore. I could talk about the crippling poverty, the crime, the crazy politics of the place, and racial inequalities, but I won't--there are a lot of other topics where a post about that is entirely appropriate. This one is very clearly not it.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:03 PM

37,119 posts, read 39,327,883 times
Oh, the harbor's pretty nice, too. It's a little bit sterile in parts, but still great overall.

Old 09-05-2010, 03:19 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You honestly shouldn't of mentioned Camden.
It's only about 8 square miles, the good is congested into on small area- And I was able to mention what exactly. You obviously have no credible knowledge of the city to think the city is capable of producing much "good".

You'd have to look where nobody cares to look, to find the good:

YouTube - HAMLET ON THE STREET - Monologue by Craig Bazan in Camden NJ

YouTube - InnerTube Project: Antionette Taylor - Camden, NJ

YouTube - InnerTube Project: Ed Williams on Drums - Camden, NJ

Let me tell your negative ass something, I don't care if its one block of positive in Camden! I'll mention whatever city I want!. YOU were the MAIN person coming here just spread negative comments and remarks about every city but want everyone to praise Philly when I see way more negative comments about Philly on C-D. I never said I had much knowledge on Camden. Matter of fact I've only been to TWO cities I mentioned, Detroit and Cleveland and its been a while since I've been to Cleveland. Hence why I made a thread asking ppl to make POSITIVE comments on these places. BUT you were the first to complain! get over yourself! you have changed my whole damn thread to Philly vs the world and thats not what its supposed to be about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City