Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 03:27 PM

37,135 posts, read 39,394,719 times

Advertisements

this is the worst lovefest i've had since i got the clap
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2010, 06:12 PM

149 posts, read 445,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
I never listed one of these area's ghetto except Kensington - so the only ghetto you've really spent any time in was Kenzo...Ok Good for you....NOW TALK ABOUT WHAT GOOD HAPPENING THERE DAMNIT....And LEAVE PITTSBURGH OUT OF THIS....
I do believe that your quote was that every neighborhood outside Center City are "war zones", your words by the way, and I was pointing out how sorely mistaken you are. And please read my second paragraph, I believe I fully represented goodness in Philadelphia. Word of advice. If you are going to write absolutes that are blatantly false ("We don't kill our cops in Pittsburgh" and "All areas outside Center City are war zones") you need to be prepared to be shot down. Uh, no pun intended.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:23 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Let me tell your negative ass something, I don't care if its one block of positive in Camden! I'll mention whatever city I want!. YOU were the MAIN person coming here just spread negative comments and remarks about every city but want everyone to praise Philly when I see way more negative comments about Philly on C-D. I never said I had much knowledge on Camden. Matter of fact I've only been to TWO cities I mentioned, Detroit and Cleveland and its been a while since I've been to Cleveland. Hence why I made a thread asking ppl to make POSITIVE comments on these places. BUT you were the first to complain! get over yourself! you have changed my whole damn thread to Philly vs the world and thats not what its supposed to be about it.
What in the world?

When did I "spread negative comments and remarks about every city"?
Please, show me. Read comment #3. Don't tell me to get over myself, you're 100% wrong.
Pardon me for getting you so pissy- But you are pointing out the wrong person, BlackBeauty is the person you should be "complaining" about. But of course ignorance dismisses ignorance.

Here's my 1st post (since apparently, you talk out of your ass)

Quote:
Detroit used to be one of the most affluent cities in the nation with one of the strongest job markets in the nation. Motown was probably one of the most successful and most popular record company's of its time. The city still has a lot leafy neighborhoods with historic, well maintained mansions that highlights its once affluent past... Basically, the city has done a lot for itself.

I'm not sure why Philly is up there. It has its armpits like every city, but overall- it's still a thriving, historic, majorly toured city.

Baltimore has one of the best harbors in the nation, it has a a banging seafood scene, and the infrastructure of the city alone is one of my favorites (despite its vast rundown areas)- The British attacking Baltimore is what influenced the National Anthem- That alone is a pretty big deal, no?

New Orleans was once larger than NYC- It has one of the richest histories in the nation, and it's food is AMAZING. Nuff said.

My City:
Newark was a very important industrial colossus and still is to a degree. It also controlled a lot of the growing Northeast American financial growth.
International shipping has always been a major part of the NYC's economy, and Newark-Elizabeth Ports are what powers the vast majority of it.
The city has been making tremendous strides lately, it still has a long way to go, but Newark was the most dangerous city in 1996- Today it claims near the 30th spot. (not sure about the actual number)

~

What happened to these cities is a shame though. It's really hypocritical to belittle these cities when I can sit here and predict *hit holes of the future. You think the growing cities you know today aren't capable of turning into crap?
Detroit, New Orleans, and Newark were the fastest growing cities at one point-- People throw tomatoes next to a ticking bombs.
Now please, yell at a wall or something. That would make more sense in comparison.

Last edited by BPerone201; 09-05-2010 at 07:33 PM..

Old 09-05-2010, 07:26 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
This thread is terrible now no offense to TS. Should be closed due to the pointless flame war about Philly

Old 09-05-2010, 08:24 PM

126 posts, read 304,474 times
I have something good to say about Camden. It has a nice aquarium.

speaking of aquariums, the national aquarium of baltimore is really cool. I used to love going there when I was a kid.

Camden also has a nice waterfront

Old 09-05-2010, 08:28 PM

3,092 posts, read 4,970,195 times
I don't think these cities take much of a beating on CD. If anything I would say they get a lot of sympathy. It's the "new and booming" sunbelt cities that seem to get most of the hate.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:43 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,817,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post

speaking of aquariums, the national aquarium of baltimore is really cool. I used to love going there when I was a kid.

Nice photos.
I did mention the aquarium and waterfront in general though.

Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,894,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Goo View Post
I do believe that your quote was that every neighborhood outside Center City are "war zones", your words by the way, and I was pointing out how sorely mistaken you are. And please read my second paragraph, I believe I fully represented goodness in Philadelphia. Word of advice. If you are going to write absolutes that are blatantly false ("We don't kill our cops in Pittsburgh" and "All areas outside Center City are war zones") you need to be prepared to be shot down. Uh, no pun intended.
It was one isolated incident by a young crazy male...and it happened in his house not out on the street but a bunch of thugs...

Pittsburgh is the 7 safest city in the US, Philadelphia is the 8 most dangerous...those are facts.

I never said ALL Philly neighborhoods, but there are a "SIGNIFICANT" AMOUNT and I listed those out, and out of the ones listed the only one you've spent time in was Kensington...PERIOD! and I dont see you refuting my list of ghetto neighborhoods either, so I must be telling the truth....

Old 09-05-2010, 11:32 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
What in the world?

When did I "spread negative comments and remarks about every city"?
Please, show me. Read comment #3. Don't tell me to get over myself, you're 100% wrong.
Pardon me for getting you so pissy- But you are pointing out the wrong person, BlackBeauty is the person you should be "complaining" about. But of course ignorance dismisses ignorance.

Here's my 1st post (since apparently, you talk out of your ass)

Now please, yell at a wall or something. That would make more sense in comparison.
All you Philly people have done nothing but complain smh. "I don't know why Philly is up there" smh. Where the hell have you all been? Last I checked there are plenty of people on C-D calling Philly a bad or ghetto city. I just read another thread today saying Philly was ghetto. "Worst city in the Northeast" or something like that. I THOUGHT I was doing a favor by including Philly in my thread silly me smh. Instead of complaining about why Philly shouldn't be apart of this thread you all should have just posted some pictures, positive things in the city or SOMETHING! gosh. As for your little comments on me not knowing about Camden, once again I didn't say I did. BUT you could have kept you little negative comments.

Old 09-05-2010, 11:33 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgsh View Post

Thank You!!!! this is all I wanted
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City