U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 04:35 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,691,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
So are you saying Richmond, Jacksonville and Louisville feel like Little Rock and Columbia?

Richmond, Jacksonville, Louisville, Nashville Columbus OH, Indiannapolis, OKC, Jacksonville, Austin, Memphis, Raleigh and yes Charlotte are all the same tire it's just some are ahead of others. I mention Charlotte is a leader in it's tire in another thread but it's tire is Birmingham and etc, thus they are very compable. Obliviously I give the edge to Charlotte it's a leader and the city probably will move up a tire some day. But don't lower Birmingham, it's slower yes but it don't feel like Little Rock and Columbia. You said you been to all these cities, well try stoping in Birmingham a few hours after stoping in Jackson.

http://www.connectpoint.org/images/skyline.jpg (broken link)

You need to learn how to comprehend. Go back and read my post again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 04:51 PM

1,712 posts, read 1,691,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless in Bham View Post
Its seems like Westbank is either trying to over rate Jackson and Little Rock, or has something against Birmingham. I know Birmingham is behind metros like Charlotte, Austin, Tampa, etc, but to place it with places like Jackson, Little Rock, and Montgomery is ridiculous. I visited Jackson last year, its slower, small town feel type place.

I don't that Westbank is trying to put Birmingham down or anything. I feel the same way because even though Birmingham has more than Little Rock and Jackson doesn't mean that its on the level as Charlotte. When I'm in Birmingham I get the same type of feel that I get when I'm in Little Rock and Jackson. As for tiers, Birmingham could be in either tier depending on how you want to look at it but I see Charlotte on a different level and it's nothing against Birmingham....It's the truth.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:03 PM

4,236 posts, read 5,972,694 times
Exactly, the vibe I'm getting here is "How dare you compare little old sleepy Jackson and Little Rock to Birmingham". Hell, they all have the same overall vibe/pace in my personal opinion. It seems to me as if you all are trying to make the Jackson-Birmingham comparison like a Birmingham-Atlanta comparison, which obviously is not the case realistically. Light years ahead? How?

Old 08-15-2010, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Your right Westbank it is an opinion, but we also have the right to question your opinion. You said Little Rock has more freeways than Birmingham, not true Bham has I-20, 22, 59, 65, I-20/59, I-459 and The Red Mountain expry (7) vs in Little Rock, I-30, 40, 430, 440, 530, 630 (6).
I-20 and I-59 combine to make I-20/59. Just like I-59 splits away and heads to Gadsden, While I-20 heads to Atlanta; I-59 splits to New Orleans while I-20 heads west to Jackson on the other end. Plus, I-22 isn't finished yet. They're just now letting the contract, if I'm not mistaken, to build the segment to I-65. It's like I-75/85 in Atlanta.

Secondly, you did not question my opinion. Instead, you went into accusations and as usual chiatldal had to take it around the world and back.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,055,917 times
^^^But their eastern split is in the east end of Bham, so I count that as two individual freeways, as I would I-75 and 85 in ATL even though they merge together in the city.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:22 PM

Quote:
^^^But their eastern split is in the east end of Bham, so I count that as two individual freeways, as I would I-75 and 85 in ATL even though they merge together in the city.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:37 PM

So I accused you of having something against Birmingham..so what. Birmingham is not in the same tier in any aspect with Jackson or Little Rock. What part of this do you not understand?. For the tenth time Jackson, MS feels like a small town, that so happens to be the state capital. Futhermore Birmingham feels like a smaller, slower ATL if anything.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:39 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,591,049 times
Quote:
Futhermore Birmingham feels like a smaller, slower ATL if anything.
How so??????

Old 08-15-2010, 05:43 PM

Oh and BTW Westbank comparing Birmingham to Atlanta would be like comparing Birmingham to Jackson. The metro population of Birmingham would equate to around half of the population of the entire state of MS.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Oh and BTW Westbank comparing Birmingham to Atlanta would be like comparing Birmingham to Jackson. The metro population of Birmingham would equate to around half of the population of the entire state of MS.
...and more people live in Atlanta than the entire state of Alabama. Your analogy actually makes Birmingham look bad because you're implying that Birmingham should be ahead of Jackson to the extent that Atlanta is ahead of Birmingham which won't be happening anytime soon.

I'm too done.
I'm going to leave this one to the Bham Oficionado, because I think I'm out of my league here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City