U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2010, 09:21 PM

301 posts, read 359,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Not since White folks took control of the city again. The people (Black & White) overwhelmingly voted out their "Chocolate" mayor.

I visited NO back in July for the first time & was VERY impressed with the city. It has cleaning up A LOT from what it was pre Katrina.

Now if only our country as a whole could see the same way & vote out our current president come next election.
Wasnt their crime the worst of any city? I saw it during mardi gras once with my business partner from Houston, neither of us were impressed from that dump. Agreed about our president, I am CMO of a company that I started with a good friend for Affiliate Marketing. The Adtech conventions and Afilliate summits that I attend have nothing in positive light about our president. His economic policies havent shown any resistance to a weakening economy and for other issues I really dont care to much for the rest.

Last edited by Ghost of Blasphamany; 09-13-2010 at 10:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2010, 10:07 PM

4,236 posts, read 5,942,094 times
Quote:
Not since White folks took control of the city again. The people (Black & White) overwhelmingly voted out their "Chocolate" mayor.
Ignorance... Why am I not surprised though?

Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 PM

12,535 posts, read 13,863,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Ignorance... Why am I not surprised though?
How is it ignorant when its the truth?

They voted in a White mayor in place of their racist Black mayor, Naggin who proclaimed New Orleans the "Chocolate City".

New Orleans has done a complete 180 from what it was before Katrina, which I've heard put bluntly "flushed the toilet".

Old 09-13-2010, 11:05 PM

2,501 posts, read 3,248,379 times
Chicago -- Milwaukee
Chicago -- Cleveland
Detroit -- Cleveland
Cleveland -- Buffalo

Old 09-13-2010, 11:39 PM

Quote:
How is it ignorant when its the truth?

They voted in a White mayor in place of their racist Black mayor, Naggin who proclaimed New Orleans the "Chocolate City".

New Orleans has done a complete 180 from what it was before Katrina, which I've heard put bluntly "flushed the toilet".
Because what you said was not the truth.. That's how. Going back to you're original statement that New Orleans is better because "White folks took control".

"White folks" put Nagin in office and he was kept there by "black diaspora" whom he promised to return home. Nagin was despised by most of the city regardless of race, but he was not voted out. He was term limited and Landrieu just happened to be one of the more qualified and well known candidates. New Orleans may have gotten a little whiter and a little richer but it's still majority black. To say that "White folks too control" is somewhere between stupid and ignorant. Do you really think that much of the city government is whiter? The difference is competence, not skin tone. Secondly, New Orleans has only had a new administration (the "white folk" just "took over" 3 moths ago) since June. Do you think this city made a damn near complete 180 in all of 1 month before you came? Like I said earlier, your comment was ignorant, but look where it's coming from. Let you tell it, nearly 300,000 "refugees" are reeking havoc on poor little Houston as I type.

Old 09-14-2010, 10:46 AM

12,535 posts, read 13,863,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Because what you said was not the truth.. That's how. Going back to you're original statement that New Orleans is better because "White folks took control".

"White folks" put Nagin in office and he was kept there by "black diaspora" whom he promised to return home. Nagin was despised by most of the city regardless of race, but he was not voted out. He was term limited and Landrieu just happened to be one of the more qualified and well known candidates. New Orleans may have gotten a little whiter and a little richer but it's still majority black. To say that "White folks too control" is somewhere between stupid and ignorant. Do you really think that much of the city government is whiter? The difference is competence, not skin tone. Secondly, New Orleans has only had a new administration (the "white folk" just "took over" 3 moths ago) since June. Do you think this city made a damn near complete 180 in all of 1 month before you came? Like I said earlier, your comment was ignorant, but look where it's coming from. Let you tell it, nearly 300,000 "refugees" are reeking havoc on poor little Houston as I type.
No, those few bad apples have either been locked up in Texas jails/prisons for a very long time or exterminated each other.

Katrina was just God's way of "flushing the toilet" in a crime ridden & corrupt New Orleans.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:24 AM

Quote:
No, those few bad apples have either been locked up in Texas jails/prisons for a very long time or exterminated each other.
Hey now, that's what you said not to long ago, don't back out now. Even so, anything you say about the issue is going to be grossly exaggerated anyway. Even then, if the majority of the 50,000-/+ former Louisianans in Texas were incarcerated the majority of you wouldn't have anything to constantly complain about now would you?

Quote:
Katrina was just God's way of "flushing the toilet" in a crime ridden & corrupt New Orleans.
May have been. Doesn't make your comments any less ignorant. Stay on topic or let it go.

Old 09-14-2010, 07:04 PM

265 posts, read 109,163 times
Quote:

I visited NO back in July for the first time & was VERY impressed with the city. It has cleaning up A LOT from what it was pre Katrina.
Most of that cleaning up was under the administration of the "Chocolate mayor." Landrieu hasn't even been in office long enough to really do anything.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:19 PM

149 posts, read 148,343 times
Pittsburgh - Birmingham. Metro Bham is about half Pittsburgh`s size and both cities have similarly rugged ridges topographically and rich steel dominant manufacturing legacies. Bham is even nicknamed "Pittsburgh of the South". And to the person saying Knoxville is the southern end of the Apps, technically B`ham is. Silicon Valley - Huntsville. Both areas have insane #s of high tech companies.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:44 PM

720 posts, read 568,301 times
Pittsburgh - Birmingham
Seattle - Portland
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City