U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM

3,732 posts, read 4,302,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missRoxyhart View Post
Wow, I haven't seen these at school lol, I might actually wear those with some cute socks.
Lol, I see a bunch of females wearing those all the time anywhere I go. They usually don't wear them with socks though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2010, 01:19 AM

224 posts, read 297,397 times
god help any of you who try to wear flip flops over socks

Old 08-23-2010, 01:23 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,218,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clean_polo View Post
Lol, I see a bunch of females wearing those all the time anywhere I go. They usually don't wear them with socks though.
Lol, I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
It's cute! It looks good on me lol.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:37 AM

8,695 posts, read 6,789,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgear View Post
Hmmm, maybe this will become a fad one day, but so far in MI and NV, I have not seen it and I am sure people would be laughed out of whereever they were. I just don't see that on women or girls.

Now, men and sandals? All the time.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:41 AM

6,289 posts, read 7,401,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Flip Flops, that sounds so cute, lol. That's what all the backpackers here call them until they realise their proper name is 'thongs'.
Na dude. Thongs are the pieces of string that go up a girl's buttcrack...and when I see them, they make me feel fuzzy. Flip flops/sandals go on your feet and are nice but for a whole different reason.

Anyway, I have to laugh (especially at some of the NY posters) who claim "nobody wears flip flops in my city"...um you live in a city of 8million+ people. There are people wearing everything.

Odds are even on the hottest day of the year, there is someone wearing a winter jacket...even if it is some loser hipster trying to be ironic. Hopefully he gets hit by a truck carrying air conditioners. How about that for irony you useless piece of ****?! Whoa, sorry my brain broke for a second.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:54 AM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,088,149 times
ppl wearing winter jackets in the summer here are usually on drugs walking around talking to themselves or whatever.

and i don't see how or why its weird/funny/whatever that somebody tells you about an experience in a city that they live in.

i think its funnier when somebody from a different city tries to tell somebody about the city that they're from.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:36 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,436,732 times
Flip Flops are radical. From March - October that's all I'll wear. F shoes and socks.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:44 PM

6,289 posts, read 7,401,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
ppl wearing winter jackets in the summer here are usually on drugs walking around talking to themselves or whatever.

and i don't see how or why its weird/funny/whatever that somebody tells you about an experience in a city that they live in.

i think its funnier when somebody from a different city tries to tell somebody about the city that they're from.
My post wasn't really aimed at you...more @ DC90. Sandals/Flip flops may not exactly be club wear (I don't think they are anywhere), but it's funny when people vehemently protest the thought that people may casually walking in New York City may be wearing flip flops/sandals.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:45 PM
eek

3,576 posts, read 4,088,149 times
no, i understand. my post wasn't really aimed at you either to be honest. at least not the second and third sentences.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:48 PM

10,172 posts, read 13,217,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
Na dude. Thongs are the pieces of string that go up a girl's buttcrack...and when I see them, they make me feel fuzzy. Flip flops/sandals go on your feet and are nice but for a whole different reason.
I remember now, flip flops/sandals used to be called "thongs" back in the day, at least 15+ years ago. I wonder why/how it changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City