Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Minnesota or Georgia - Upper Midwest vs. Deep South
Minnesota 122 48.03%
Georgia 102 40.16%
Neither 30 11.81%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2010, 02:30 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I don't think anybody can deny there's ALOT more oppurtunity in Georgia compared to Minnesota..
I'm not sure I'd agree. Both states are quite varied in terms of industry, maybe even comparable on many levels, and the economy in MN is considerably better than the economy in GA at the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 02:58 PM

1,588 posts, read 4,062,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
I don't think anybody can deny there's ALOT more oppurtunity in Georgia compared to Minnesota..
ALOT - Really? In regards to what?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:08 PM

5,509 posts, read 11,875,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Oh and by the way what assumptions did I make that were factually wrong?I gave my opinion not as fact.See this is it.You cannot take criticism.You cant see the difference between respectfully disagreeing and insulting.
Truth is Im happy where Im at because I moved around before I CHOSE to settle here.Truth is I still think about moving somewhere else because Atlanta and Georgia are not perfect.However the checklist I have is almost full.MN just does not com close for me.
Is there anything I can say that won't set you off and explain the world to me? I KNOW if I said that black = crime you would write a 10 page tirade! What exactly do you want from me -- to tell you that you are right and I'm always wrong? That's not going to happen.

The fact (yes FACT) remains that few people here think nearly as much about Atlanta or Georgia as you might wish, and that just doesn't settle with you. You want us to admit MN sucks and GA rocks, or that GA is some paradise and we'd be lucky to have even a second of your attention, but nobody cares....nobody. When I think bigger, better, faster and more fun, I think Chicago where most of my family lives. And Atlanta has nothing on Chicago and never will.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:11 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOut View Post
ALOT - Really? In regards to what?
I see you come back.I guess you just forgot or did not see when I asked you a question in post #1130?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:12 PM

Quote:
I agree Georgia has plenty of them.But as I said before,its got cities like Savannah,Brunswick,Helen,Augusta,Athens,,Tallulah Gorge/Falls,Cumberland Island National Seashore,Ofekonkee Swamp,Dalonega etc.....Some of those are historic ,natural beauty,etc..Im not knocking MN it is a BEAUTIFUL state.No doubt about it.But Georgia has the mix of man made and "God made" that MN cannot compare.(MN supporters to insert superiorty of MN schools---------here)
No, Georgia is nice, not "God's special creation". Narcissistic!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
I see you come back.I guess you just forgot or did not see when I asked you a question in post #1130?
Why don't you try to respond to the question instead of starting even more crap?

Old 09-21-2010, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Is there anything I can say that won't set you off and explain the world to me? I KNOW if I said that black = crime you would write a 10 page tirade! What exactly do you want from me -- to tell you that you are right and I'm always wrong? That's not going to happen.

The fact (yes FACT) remains that few people here think nearly as much about Atlanta or Georgia as you might wish, and that just doesn't settle with you. You want us to admit MN sucks and GA rocks, or that GA is some paradise and we'd be lucky to have even a second of your attention, but nobody cares....nobody. When I think bigger, better, faster and more fun, I think Chicago where most of my family lives. And Atlanta has nothing on Chicago and never will.
You dont know me.This is why people get upset at you.I went back to over thw first 100 pages of this thread and SEVERAL people told you to chill out because of your TONE.Ask yourself why are YOU the only MN on here that is driving people on here to put you in your place?You never apologize for erroneous or outlandish remarks but instead blame everyone for hating MN.
As I pointed out before,my very FIRST statement on this post was how beautiful MN is.It did not even mention anything about ATlanta!Johnatl on the first PAGE also made reference to how lucky you guys were to have such scenery!
Yet we ATL poster's are constantly having to denounce such ruthless or attacks on our charater or judgement in choosing to live where we live.As if because we are Southern and in the South we should feel inferior.But this debate is not about Chicago is it?

By the way Atlanta does have something on Chicago...ME and always will!

Old 09-21-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west336 View Post
Why don't you try to respond to the question instead of starting even more crap?
Which is what question?Not crap, just a fact about you and your "SuperFreinds" ganging up over on the KC vs MN-SP thread talking about ATlanta again.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM

I've had many many many more people tell me offline that I'm 100% right. Plus, I've not only given ATL far too much credit already, but have apologized when out of line (to you, and you know this). Why don't you just read my posts and judge for yourself? I never attack anyone unless provoked first.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:25 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,411,972 times
Quote:
You dont know me.This is why people get upset at you.I went back to over thw first 100 pages of this thread and SEVERAL people told you to chill out because of your TONE.Ask yourself why are YOU the only MN on here that is driving people on here to put you in your place?You never apologize for erroneous or outlandish remarks but instead blame everyone for hating MN.
As I pointed out before,my very FIRST statement on this post was how beautiful MN is.It did not even mention anything about ATlanta!Johnatl on the first PAGE also made reference to how lucky you guys were to have such scenery!
Yet we ATL poster's are constantly having to denounce such ruthless or attacks on our charater or judgement in choosing to live where we live.As if because we are Southern and in the South we should feel inferior.But this debate is not about Chicago is it?

By the way Atlanta does have something on Chicago...ME and always will!

Exactly. Tone down the rhetoric and have a friendly discussion. We're all adults here (I assume), so let's act like it. To me, it feels like the Minnesota posters are on the attack. If Minnesota really is better, you guys don't need to keep vehemently trying to prove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City