Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Minnesota or Georgia - Upper Midwest vs. Deep South
Minnesota 122 48.03%
Georgia 102 40.16%
Neither 30 11.81%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2010, 12:32 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I know N.O. Like all cities have a varied scene.I never claimed to know everything about it.But I do know when ever I have gone or talked to others the ONLY thing they do mention to people from out of town IS the freakin French Quater.I got so borad one time I went to Club Treme'( i think thats right)G-H-E-T-T-O SCARY!Atlanta has those to so no surprise in tha Durty Durty.

All Im saying regardless if N.O has it or not,when people come thats where they are directed.In Atlanta may be known as ahip- hop city,but when people come to party they all know where the club scenes are.From Buckhead(STILL),to Midtown,East Lake,To now Edgewood.This has mainly to do with Atlanta's abundance of colleges in the city.

As far as cuisine, I believe that was a thread about Houston.
that's all I was asking.. whether or not the convo was based on perception or reality. If it's based on popularity then it's fair for me to argue that the only thing Atlanta has going for it is hip-hop themed nightclubs, strippers, and the celebrities that happened to be at one, since that's what usually comes up when I hear Atlanta's nightlife discussed outside of C-D. Then again I could just be getting directed by the wrong people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 12:44 PM

65 posts, read 75,883 times
Fortunately I'm familiar both places, but admittedly haven't partied in the twins. I can't make any type of nightlife comparison between Atlanta and Minneapolis but I can with New Orleans and Atlanta since I've done my fair share of partying in both places.

Old 09-28-2010, 09:59 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
that's all I was asking.. whether or not the convo was based on perception or reality. If it's based on popularity then it's fair for me to argue that the only thing Atlanta has going for it is hip-hop themed nightclubs, strippers, and the celebrities that happened to be at one, since that's what usually comes up when I hear Atlanta's nightlife discussed outside of C-D. Then again I could just be getting directed by the wrong people.

I'm afraid you're getting directed by the wrong people...Atlanta nightlife is much more than how you've described it.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:13 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I'm afraid you're getting directed by the wrong people...Atlanta nightlife is much more than how you've described it.
Actually I know better than that. Read up, I was making a point.
Edit: No, actually read the comment that you quoted. There'a a big if in there.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:14 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Maybe the reason why lots of celebrities (Black Celebrities) are in ATL is because:

1. Thriving entertainment industry (of course; celebrities are going to be where the work is at)

2. It's a Black Mecca

3. It has a huge DL population.

I actually know a person in Atlanta who has messed with some pretty famous male rappers....btw, this person is a male.

I leave you with that

Old 09-28-2010, 10:30 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Maybe the reason why lots of celebrities (Black Celebrities) are in ATL is because:

1. Thriving entertainment industry (of course; celebrities are going to be where the work is at)

2. It's a Black Mecca

3. It has a huge DL population.

I actually know a person in Atlanta who has messed with some pretty famous male rappers....btw, this person is a male.

I leave you with that
Just for clarification there is not much DL about Atlanta's gay black population (Eddie Long withstanding if the allegations prove true ). They are usually out and about in full force without much care for hiding anything. That's kind of the thing that makes Atlanta unique as I don't think I've seen any other city that has both such a large black gay population and are out in the open about it. Now if you want to see DL, go to NYC.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:36 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,507 posts, read 15,098,266 times
I have to agree, you can find plenty of black men wearing high heels and purses in Atlanta... They don't seem to be hiding anything lol.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:43 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Just for clarification there is not much DL about Atlanta's gay black population (Eddie Long withstanding if the allegations prove true ). They are usually out and about in full force without much care for hiding anything. That's kind of the thing that makes Atlanta unique as I don't think I've seen any other city that has both such a large black gay population and are out in the open about it. Now if you want to see DL, go to NYC.
Many rappers are known for going to Atlanta to do there Downlow thing.

Old 09-28-2010, 11:16 AM

8,485 posts, read 14,994,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Many rappers are known for going to Atlanta to do there Downlow thing.
They may be on the DL when they are in their respective cities, but more than likely when they come to Atlanta to par take in the gay scene it's most likely not in the closet. The reason being is the black gay scene here isn't in the closet itself. Take a trip down Peachtree, to Lenox, the West End or even ride on the train (among a lot of other places), you will quickly see that being black and gay in Atlanta is lot like being the sky and blue.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:39 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,805,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Actually I know better than that. Read up, I was making a point.
Edit: No, actually read the comment that you quoted. There'a a big if in there.
Sorry, I'm not really interested enough to go back through anything other than the current page...so I was just going by your comments. I would hope you know better than to make such a comment, but that's the way it read. It's not a big deal, I was simply responding that you ARE getting information from the wrong sources if that is what you think. If it isn't, then don't worry about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City