U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:09 PM

7,336 posts, read 15,302,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
Midwest:

Northeast:
Philly
NYC
Boston
Pretty much all of Vermont
Providence
I'd add Portland, Maine to the list. Though tiny, it's very popular among the gay population. Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed has a very high GLBTG index for Portland. Also, Provincetown MA (not a city at all) is probably the highest concentration (percentage of population) in the Northeast and only behind a few on a national level.

Last edited by Yac; 06-09-2009 at 06:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:12 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,844,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
that Florida DID. This bill was sponsored by a bunch of churches; Bible Belt South. Slowing but surely the entire NE is passing gay marriage.

This was also another reason why my lesbian daughter left Florida. Why would she want to live in a place where she is legislated against?
There must not be any churches in the NE

Old 05-25-2009, 08:17 AM

6,967 posts, read 17,753,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I'd add Portland, Maine to the list. Though tiny, it's very popular among the gay population. Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed has a very high GLBTG index for Portland. Also, Provincetown MA (not a city at all) is probably the highest concentration (percentage of population) in the Northeast and only behind a few on a national level.
i agree with portland, maine. a good family friend and her partner live there. they have no intention of moving anywhere else.

i've heard about provincetown too.

atlanta's also big.

Last edited by Yac; 06-09-2009 at 06:37 AM..

Old 05-25-2009, 11:19 AM

5,361 posts, read 7,052,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbeDavid View Post
Yes, Tucson is tolerant to every sort of whimsical lifestyle that comes down the Pike . Theres always plenty of people who will support whatever endeavor you want to participate in so it can be considered permissable and even 'moral' . If you want to hump a Cactus 3 times per week, youll find lots of Tucsonians who can point you in the right direction.

Someone posted this on another thread quite awhile back. While I find it to be pretty funny, I also find it to be true of Tucson.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:36 AM

11,015 posts, read 21,568,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I think you should take the state into account LouisvilleJack. Chicago is not a gay friendly city, sure it has a gay area, but for the most part Chicago is very socially conservative and blue-collar Democratic. Chicago is in Illinois which is socially equivalent to Nebraska.

Bloomington Indiana is not good either.

Madison is probably okay, but it is still in Wisconsin.

Providence is in a state where she likely will never be able to be married because it is 68% Roman Catholic.
What Chicago do you live in? lol

Old 05-26-2009, 06:42 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,038,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Fla View Post
That is why we are leaving Florida also....plus it is a desert with horrid heat and humidity. They do not think gays are human...I advise gay people to NOT even vacation here...some of the people here are the rudest/most uneducated people I have ever met!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
Quote:
The bible belt isn't in the northeast. That's the point

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,648,289 times
Default Too many demominations

Quote:
for any one to hold too much weight. They tend to be ignored by the legislature.

Example. There was one state senator (Republican BTW), roman catholic, who sponsored the bill permitting over the counter despensing of the Morning After Pill. This caused a big uproar with the church. He issued a statement that he was elected to office by the people of the state of all religions and no religion. He said he was not elected bishop of the catholic church.

This was in upstate NY, not NYC.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:05 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post

I agree. I swear, half the girls at USM were lesbians and were very open about PDA.

Last edited by Yac; 06-09-2009 at 06:35 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 09:01 PM

658 posts, read 1,792,569 times
how gay-friendly is Balmer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or