U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State is the Best?
California 192 67.13%
Texas 94 32.87%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 10:51 PM

12,521 posts, read 22,193,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden-mind-State View Post
A crawdad is a crayfish,different names,same things. And did you even read that? There endemic to California,hence Shasta crayfish.
Its a different species of Crayfish aka Crawfish.

We don't use those here in the South. They probably taste different too since they don't come from the muddy bayous of Southeast Texas & Louisiana.

Just as our Gulf Shrimp & Oysters have a distinct flavor from those caught in the Pacific Ocean. Its a lot saltier tasting.

Old 09-28-2010, 10:55 PM

1,694 posts, read 4,928,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Its a different species of Crayfish aka Crawfish.

We don't use those here in the South. They probably taste different too since they don't come from the muddy bayous.
They don't taste different because they come from the muddy delta,but yeah the south has different species but crawdad,crawfish and crayfish all mean the same thing. Isleton is a town you could literally pick up and put in Louisiana though.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:42 PM

4 posts, read 4,704 times
Texas has essentially free living. I think a house costs around $6k.

That is tough to beat. However, in every other category, Texas is like living in the year 400.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:17 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,503,329 times

YouTube - 2Pac - California Love

YouTube - Phantom Planet - California

Old 09-29-2010, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet lemon View Post
Texas has essentially free living. I think a house costs around $6k.

That is tough to beat. However, in every other category, Texas is like living in the year 400.
Right...

That's why Houston just elected the first openly lesbian mayor in the United States.

That's why Californians are flocking here left & right.

That's why Texas has some of the top colleges in the nation.

That's why the medical field is booming here.

That's why the housing crisis & recession never hit Texas like it did California.

and so on...

Old 09-29-2010, 11:05 PM

California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD. That's why when the recession hit, it took a severe hit. People may be leaving but they do come back and we are getting transplants from other states. I know people who left Texas for California so it works both ways.

The Eighteen Billion Dollar Man: Texas Monthly October 2010 hahahahah LOL LOL

Old 09-29-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
California is the 8th largest economy in the WORLD. That's why when the recession hit, it took a severe hit. People may be leaving but they do come back and we are getting transplants from other states. I know people who left Texas for California so it works both ways.

The Eighteen Billion Dollar Man: Texas Monthly October 2010 hahahahah LOL LOL
I just saw on the world news yesterday evening where Oakland, California has a 17% unemployment rate & up to 27% in East Oakland!!!

That is very depressing news for your state.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:10 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,065,373 times
Every single state has a budget deficeit besides North Dakota, Nebraska, & Alaska. I honestly don't see the point of bashing Texas this way at all, especially since every state has it. We don't even have the highest and we've created 79% of the total job creation in USA in the last decade alone. Our economy is fine and it's the 11th largest in the world and will enter the top 10 just next year.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
I just saw on the world news yesterday evening where Oakland, California has a 17% unemployment rate & up to 27% in East Oakland!!!

That is very depressing news for your state.

lol Oakland is the slums, that's not a surprise.

I heard a radio news report that the state economy is turning around and it will be in good shape by 2012

Texas has a better economy, but that's it. That's the only reason people are going there. We have the rich moving here so better for us. anyways I could argue this all night, your economy is the only thing better, simple as that.

Obviously a large majority of people have voted in the same way

California > Texas nuff' said

Old 09-29-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post
lol Oakland is the slums, that's not a surprise.

I heard a radio news report that the state economy is turning around and it will be in good shape by 2012

Texas has a better economy, but that's it. That's the only reason people are going there. We have the rich moving here so better for us. anyways I could argue this all night, your economy is the only thing better, simple as that.

Obviously a large majority of people have voted in the same way

California > Texas nuff' said
No they're moving here to start a new life where they can actually get ahead instead of barely scraping by.

They're sick & tired of your government with their heads in their asses telling them what they can & can't do. Its a goofball system you guys got out there & until free enterprise prevails like it has here in Texas your economy will remain in the ****ter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City