U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which State is the Best?
California 192 67.13%
Texas 94 32.87%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 11:36 PM

18,509 posts, read 27,088,876 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBrad View Post

California > Texas nuff' said
you think that is gonna last long? watch that slip away real quick, when your yokel politicians are done with the state.

California will soon become the new has-been

Old 09-29-2010, 11:39 PM

1,694 posts, read 4,929,433 times
People settle for Texas,while others strive for California,don't see that changing soon,we'll always be the same state.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:50 PM

301 posts, read 542,644 times
Quote:
lol Oakland is the slums, that's not a surprise.

I heard a radio news report that the state economy is turning around and it will be in good shape by 2012

Texas has a better economy, but that's it. That's the only reason people are going there. We have the rich moving here so better for us. anyways I could argue this all night, your economy is the only thing better, simple as that.

Obviously a large majority of people have voted in the same way

California > Texas nuff' said
Really now Bradley? You live in cesspool half of the state. In LA where the lowest educated metropolitan area in the country, that 3rd world POS wasteland. And youre talking about the rich moving there, newsflash Bradley California has lost more millionaires, billionaires than gained. NY, TX, FL all gained more.
SF is great city, no complaint there. The wealthy, healthy, smart live in the better half of state, the true city in west. LOL living in a dump like LA one can only dream of true cities SF, NY, PHILA, BOS, CHI. I can see where you get your jealousy from now. LOL at you thinking your dumpy economy will recover, I heard your city has more people living in car now? L.A to give people living in cars on Venice-area streets 'safe overnight parking' | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

Old 09-29-2010, 11:53 PM

12,521 posts, read 22,200,609 times
LA = nice place to visit sucky place to live.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:55 PM

4,811 posts, read 8,505,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
Really now Bradley? You live in the cesspool half of the state. In LA where the lowest educated metropolitan area in the country, that 3rd world POS wasteland. And youre talking about the rich moving there, newsflash Bradley California has lost more millionaires, billionaires than gained. NY, TX, FL all gained more.
SF is great city, no complaint there. The wealthy, healthy, smart live in the better half of state, the true city in west. LOL living in a dump like LA one can only dream of true cities SF, NY, PHILA, BOS, CHI. I can see where you get your jealousy from now. LOL at you thinking your dumpy economy will recover, I heard your city has more people living in car now? L.A to give people living in cars on Venice-area streets 'safe overnight parking' | L.A. NOW | Los Angeles Times

LOL you do know there is more to Southern California then LA right? obviously you don't. and I don't live in LA. I live in a city much cleaner, safer, and laid back then LA. I have nothing to be jealous about. but thanks for the laugh

Anyway LA is a great place to visit, but I prefer San Diego because it's cleaner, freindlier, safer, and a lot less congested then LA

I'm sure all you calling it a dump have probably never spent any time in Southern California. It's obvious by your ignorant comment thinking LA is the only city in Southern California

Last edited by BacktoBlue; 09-30-2010 at 12:07 AM..

Old 09-29-2010, 11:56 PM

1,694 posts, read 4,929,433 times
I love and have lived in LA but agree, I prefer to visit than the thought of living there again. Would much rather live up or down the coast outside of the city.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:04 AM

15,394 posts, read 24,184,437 times
Quote:
Really now Bradley? You live in cesspool half of the state. In LA where the lowest educated metropolitan area in the country, that 3rd world POS wasteland.
That simply is not true. LA does rank fairly low but many other metro areas are lower, including Houston (barely) and San Antonio. If you want to find 3rd world conditions you'd find a lot more of it in Texas than you would CA.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 AM

301 posts, read 542,644 times
Quote:
LOL you do know there is more to Southern California then LA right? obviously you don't. and I don't live in LA. I live in a city much cleaner, safer, and laid back then LA. I have nothing to be jealous about. but thanks for the laugh

Anyway LA is a great place to visit, but I prefer San Diego because it's cleaner, freindlier, safer, and a lot less congested then LA

I'm sure all you calling it a dump have probably never spent any time in Southern California. It's obvious by your ignorant comment thinking LA is the only city in Southern California
I know SD is another city in Socal Bradley, Ive spent time in socal. SD is nice city ill give you that but it is no where size of LA which dominates socal population. Youre jealousy for SF is showing again, maybe if it socal was rich and educated you wouldnt have inferiority complex, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesome Danny View Post
Every single state has a budget deficit besides North Dakota, Nebraska, & Alaska. I honestly don't see the point of bashing Texas this way at all, especially since every state has it. We don't even have the highest and we've created 79% of the total job creation in USA in the last decade alone. Our economy is fine and it's the 11th largest in the world and will enter the top 10 just next year.
Reading your posts is a bit of bore. I see you and many others like LA lots of people do, but I never understood why like 3rd world wastelands.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
That simply is not true. LA does rank fairly low but many other metro areas are lower, including Houston (barely) and San Antonio. If you want to find 3rd world conditions you'd find a lot more of it in Texas than you would CA.
San Antonio is dump. It does, Houston is comparable to LA but slightly higher. 3rd world living conditions really? You want to generalize all of Texas 3rd world, I dont live in texas but have been to Houston and other cities, they have ghettos yes, but 3rd world looking like LA no.
Los Angeles; .Highschool degree 77.3% Bachelor degree 27.5%
Dallas; .........Highschool degree 81.3%, Bachelor degree 28.9%.
Houston; , ....Highschool degree 80.1%, Bachelor degree 28.0%.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:07 AM

CA has an amzing variety of landscapes from beautiful beaches, hills, lakes, mountains, to deserts and giant redwoods. CA also has the best variety of weather of anywhere in the country. No one can deny that, though i bet people will try. If all you can think up is lame insults about LA being a "dump" and the economy then you obviously need to get a life. It is clear to me that you have no credibility as you have never been to Southern california and are only listening to whatever Fox News spews.

Old 09-30-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
I know SD is another city in Socal Bradley, Ive spent time in socal. SD is nice city ill give you that but it is no where size of LA which dominates socal population. Youre jealousy for SF is showing again, maybe if it socal was rich and educated you wouldnt have inferiority complex, right?

Reading your posts is a bit of bore. I see you and many others like LA lots of people do, but I never understood why like 3rd world wastelands.

I never said anything about SF in my post so how is that showing jelousy? You have clearly lost your mind. I'm the one with the inferiority complex? Metro Matt stops at nothing to speaed blantant lies about CA and the same can be said about your previous posts. Especially your post about LA "being 3rd world", if that's not an inferiority complex then I don't know what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City