Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 08:39 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,187,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
i havnt been to most of these ghettos but from my eyes the worst ghettos i have seen were the ones in jersey. ive been to Baltimore but i mainly stayed downtown but i do know if i had traveled the city in my car i probably would of changed my vote to bmore over jersey.
Cuz you probably don't leave the region you live in!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 08:43 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
Cuz you probably don't leave the region you live in!
excuse me im 22 years old so yes at my young age i haven't traveled the world enough yet.

But i have been to the Midwest, the south, and southeast so yea i actually leave my region.

maybe your offended because i didnt list my worst looking ghettos similar to yours??

sad thing is jersey is one of the top places with ghettos that can go against any ghetto in this country. so NEXT.

btw im not these bloggers on city-data who never left their region but somehow magically say east saint louis is the worst looking ghetto but never stepped a foot into it. I go by what i see with my own two eyes.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:13 PM

Chicago has a MUCH higher crime rate than NYC. Gary, IN (similar to Newark or Camden) has a higher crime rate than those two cities. Sorry, you just don't know what you're talking about, and you shouldn't disrespect an entire city because it doesn't LOOK as bad as you think it should.

Have you been to Chicago? You're not old enough to have seen Cabrini Green, Robert Taylor Homes, Stateway Gardens, etc. which is where I've done a lot of community work, and those ghettos (projects) weren't laughable by any standard. I just don't think "lmao" is a respectable way to share a discussion about ghettos or crime in U.S. cities.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Chicago has a MUCH higher crime rate than NYC. Gary, IN (similar to Newark or Camden) has a higher crime rate than those two cities. Sorry, you just don't know what you're talking about, and you shouldn't disrespect an entire city because it doesn't LOOK as bad as you think it should.

Have you been to Chicago? You're not old enough to have seen Cabrini Green, Robert Taylor Homes, Stateway Gardens, etc. which is where I've done a lot of community work, and those ghettos (projects) weren't laughable by any standard. I just don't think "lmao" is a respectable way to share a discussion about ghettos or crime in U.S. cities.
actually from the age of 13 - 16 i went to Chicago one time every year so yes i have been numerous times.

Also Chicago may have a higher crime rate then nyc but chicagos crime rate is exaggerated. 80 percent of the murders in chicago are gang related. Nothing scary about that at all unless you live in a gang area and become a innocent bystander. From that stat alone chicago wouldn't even be a threat if drug dealing was its number 1 motive like it is here in new york city.

not sure what city i disrespected but go on. Also like i said im not your typical city-data blogger im not going to glorify GARY because i never been their so to me that city doest get my vote. Understood?

Old 07-21-2012, 09:42 PM

Quote:
actually from the age of 13 - 16 i went to Chicago one time every year so yes i have been numerous times.

Also Chicago may have a higher crime rate then nyc but chicagos crime rate is exaggerated. 80 percent of the murders in chicago are gang related. Nothing scary about that at all unless you live in a gang area and become a innocent bystander. From that stat alone chicago wouldn't even be a threat if drug dealing was its number 1 motive like it is here in new york city.

not sure what city i disrespected but go on. Also like i said im not your typical city-data blogger im not going to glorify GARY because i never been their so to me that city doest get my vote. Understood?
Wow, you should quit while you're (behind)! Unless you "bang", and have a lot of insight to provide to us non-bangers, don't pretend like you know what you're talking about. Just leave Chicago out of your discussion -- going there once a year for 3 years doesn't qualify you. It's a very dangerous city and always has been, and that's NOT cool!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Wow, you should quit while you're (behind)! Unless you "bang", and have a lot of insight to provide to us non-bangers, don't pretend like you know what you're talking about. Just leave Chicago out of your discussion -- going there once a year for 3 years doesn't qualify you. It's a very dangerous city and always has been, and that's NOT cool!
you seem to have no correct answer to most post. people speak on crime here as if they know it all. Always bragging about murders as if murderers in america attack innocent victims only and as if murders are the only crime thats done in the world.

truth is 80 percent of chicagos murder crime is gang related. TRUTH so if your not in a gang or pose as one of a innocent bystander in a gang turf you are more safe then sorry.

also the overall crime rate of chicago has decreased did you know that? which means that people who are victims of other crimes which effect innocent people more then murders are safer this year then last year.

im going by chicago crime source articles im reading right now on my pc on google.

also calling a city a dangerous city because of a few rotten apples is immature. i dont say all of brooklyn is terrible because of north brooklyn hell i live in southern brooklyn and its pretty safe down here.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
you seem to have no correct answer to most post. people speak on crime here as if they know it all. Always bragging about murders as if murderers in america attack innocent victims only and as if murders are the only crime thats done in the world.

truth is 80 percent of chicagos murder crime is gang related. TRUTH so if your not in a gang or pose as one of a innocent bystander in a gang turf you are more safe then sorry.

also the overall crime rate of chicago has decreased did you know that? which means that people who are victims of other crimes which effect innocent people more then murders are safer this year then last year.

im going by chicago crime source articles im reading right now on my pc on google.

also calling a city a dangerous city because of a few rotten apples is immature. i dont say all of brooklyn is terrible because of north brooklyn hell i live in southern brooklyn and its pretty safe down here.
Chicago's crime rate is 3X NYC's....is that because of gangs, I suppose (gangs that NYC doesn't have, you're insinuating)? Stop Googling and start living man!

Old 07-21-2012, 10:11 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,124 times
Quote:

It is well known the worst part of Camden is connected to Philly by a small bridge.

Philadelphia Closes 2011 With Highest Per-Capita Murder Rate Of United States Cities « CBS Philly

^These stats speaks for themselves no need to argue over a keyboard.

Not only does Philly have a higher murder rate then Chicago but North Philly looks 10x worse.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendof302 View Post
It is well known the worst part of Camden is connected to Philly by a small bridge.

Philadelphia Closes 2011 With Highest Per-Capita Murder Rate Of United States Cities « CBS Philly

^These stats speaks for themselves no need to argue over a keyboard.

Not only does Philly have a higher murder rate then Chicago but North Philly looks 10x worse.
Using your OWN LINK, Chicago is #2, so does that make Chicago "sissy" or something? Are you pounding your chest because Philly is a bigger $hithole than Chicago -- congrats! You REALLY suck!!

BTW, Chicago has 2X as much land area as Philly.

Old 07-21-2012, 10:21 PM

711 posts, read 1,498,124 times
Quote:
Using your OWN LINK, Chicago is #2, so does that make Chicago "sissy" or something? Are you pounding your chest because Philly is a bigger $hithole than Chicago -- congrats! You REALLY suck!!

BTW, Chicago has 2X as much land area as Philly.
I was just stating the facts, I don't even live in Philly....

So I have nothing to pound my chest about...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City