Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Northeast or the deep south
Northeast 277 63.68%
Deep South 158 36.32%
Voters: 435. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2010, 11:37 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,927,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Peterson View Post
And some people enjoy the fact that they have no need to ride mass transit to work. That being said, when I first moved to Florida I used to take mass transit from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami and had no problems.

And I have never seen a sexy train but if that is what floats your boat then good for you.
We used to take the Tri-Rail from West Palm Beach to Miami when I was younger.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2010, 11:41 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,356,425 times
Deep South ....................

NOT!

Other than Bibles, insane preachers who want to destroy the country, more Bibles, college football, humidity, and guns, what's in the Deep South anyway?

OK I kid. I know there's lots in the Deep South that isn't related to the things that give this country such a bad name, like NASA, and Disney, and some aerospace manufacturing. But ... that's about it. NE all the way.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:50 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times
The INSANE level of total ignorance and pure hatred on this site never ceases to amaze me.

No wonder things in this country have become as bitter as they are.

Old 09-20-2010, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CookieSkoon View Post
I most certainly prefer the north east.

I grew up rural and wish to continue living a rural life. The North is not ALL city you know. ;P

The people here in the deep south seem to have trouble maintaining true friendships. Have just ONE major fight and the friendship is destroyed, no talking it through, no making up, just DEAD. Where as up north, you can argue until the cows come home and then be friends the next day.

The other problem I've run into is the lack of open mindedness. I can't tell you how many people are just so damn stiff and old fashioned. To the point where there is just nothing in common between us.

Another problem is there's no "let's get it done" attitude. It's like people here just want to sit around all day. NOTHING gets done.

Aside from the people, the freakin' spiders! SPIDERS ARE EVERYWHERE ALL OF THE TIME!

These personality defects tend to be deep southern. If you get into the upper south people are much nicer, and even smarter. I always have a good time in Tennessee (sans Memphis).

Another deep south problem is racism in both directions. A LOT of blacks here are just as bad as the whites. It drives me nuckin futs.

I didn't end up down here by choice. But I still regret not just going homeless in New York instead. :/
The winters are pretty harsh up there. You'd rather sleep amongst the Rats in the dead of winter?

Old 09-20-2010, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
The INSANE level of total ignorance and pure hatred on this site never ceases to amaze me.

We HAD to know how this thread was going to be, before we entered. Shame on us.

Old 09-21-2010, 12:02 AM

301 posts, read 639,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post

Oh just stop.
Why would anyone live in TN, GA, MS, AL over NY, MA, PA?

Old 09-21-2010, 12:07 AM

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
Oh just stop.
Seriously?

Well out of all 7 of those states GA certainly appeals to me the most, MA would be at the bottom (no offense to MA).

Old 09-21-2010, 12:08 AM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times
Quote:
Oh just stop.

And why would anyone wanna live in NY PA MA??? i If we did we would be living there....

Old 09-21-2010, 12:09 AM

7 posts, read 5,227 times
Quote:
Oh just stop.
Take NYC out of NY State and you have Alabama... take Philly and Pitt out of PA and you have Mississippi

Old 09-21-2010, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Oh just stop.
Why not?? What's so great about NY, MA, and PA? Outside of there respective large cities, they seem quite rural just like the Southern states you named.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City