Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which do you prefer?
San Diego 52 54.74%
Minneapolis 43 45.26%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM

1,312 posts, read 2,153,700 times

Advertisements

I can't trust anyone who says 1) San Diego wins in terms of culture or 2) Minneapolis wins in terms of weather. These are pretty clear-cut to anyone who has spent time in both places. Twin Cities are far more vibrant culturally, and San Diego has the best weather in the country. That said, I don't like the vibe in San Diego at all and would have to go with Minneapolis, even though the weather is like where I've always lived, except even worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 01:36 PM

799 posts, read 1,027,458 times
-Culture - even (because Idk)
-Weather - easily SD
-Scenery - SD
-Skyline - even
-Economy - MPLS
-Education - (k-12) MPLS (higher) SD
-Vibrancy - SD
-Attractions - SD

Winner: lol there aren't any winners. Just two great cities.

Old 07-12-2013, 02:12 PM

You don't care about culture, but you care about "vibrancy" and "attractions?"

Old 07-12-2013, 02:13 PM

Old 07-12-2013, 03:02 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,124,065 times
idk = "I don't know", not "I don't care".

Old 07-12-2013, 06:14 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,627,926 times
Culture: Minneapolis
Weather: San Diego
Scenery:San Diego, but Minneapolis is nice too
Skyline: Minneapolis
Economy: Minneapolis
Education: Minneapolis
Vibrancy: Not sure
Attractions: San diego

Minneapolis clearly wins according to the criteria. Maybe not in popularity.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:36 PM

5,993 posts, read 10,124,065 times
I'm not sold that SD has better attractions than Minneapolis. SD has the zoo, MN has the Mall of America. SD has Balboa Park, MN has the Chain of Lakes. SD has beaches, MN has lakes. What am I missing?

Old 07-12-2013, 08:58 PM

1,606 posts, read 3,326,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I'm not sold that SD has better attractions than Minneapolis. SD has the zoo, MN has the Mall of America. SD has Balboa Park, MN has the Chain of Lakes. SD has beaches, MN has lakes. What am I missing?
Well as much as I love the lakes & The Mississippi, the Pacific is pretty awesome, especially when viewed from Coronado or Torrey Pines.
I think San Diego has more tourists and more tourist attractions, but Minneapolis is a more well-rounded, self-contained metro, whereas San Diego suffers a bit from close proximity to LA. Weather is interesting, as the cold winters are deal breakers for many folks to ever consider living in the Twin Cities. But, for people who can deal with four seasons, there aren't many places that offer as nice of quality of life as the Twin Cities.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,041,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post

Just that every item you listed is better by a large margin in San Diego....

Old 07-12-2013, 11:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,041,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTodd View Post
Well as much as I love the lakes & The Mississippi, the Pacific is pretty awesome, especially when viewed from Coronado or Torrey Pines.
I think San Diego has more tourists and more tourist attractions, but Minneapolis is a more well-rounded, self-contained metro, whereas San Diego suffers a bit from close proximity to LA. Weather is interesting, as the cold winters are deal breakers for many folks to ever consider living in the Twin Cities. But, for people who can deal with four seasons, there aren't many places that offer as nice of quality of life as the Twin Cities.

Twin cities are great, and I'd consider if not for the cold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City