Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 PM

468 posts, read 789,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
because it is like you guys keep changing your opinion on ny.

first its ny isn't that big of a deal
then its not messing with milan.
then its you don't respect/care about what comes out of ny.
then it lacks an edge on fashion in the u.s. and the world.
then it has sort of an edge but not as much as it used to

NOW its we give ny its props.

negro please.

No we given NYC props but they way you are making it sounds like everyone is still living in the 90s are something ... NYC has an edge but not one thats far.. Nor does it influence people they way it use too.. Im going to stand by that. we can repeat it over and over again you cant convience my judgment on this topic.. Not overly impressed sorry...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:38 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Ah whey yuh get dat new Clarks dey daddy

Lmao, that is so funny to me.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66nexus View Post
All that ain't even necessary.
That seems to be there trade mark... They may be from South Carolina with that phrase..

Old 09-27-2010, 06:40 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,391,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I dress better than all you guys and yo mamas!! OOOOOO

you probly do! lol

Old 09-27-2010, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Mister fashion expert tells how many years it takes us to get what NYC has...

Old 09-27-2010, 06:41 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
my point is that many of you are wearing things that were a part of trends set in ny years ago and you don't even realize it...to the point where you can sit there and post something like "we don't have an edge like we used to."

half the urban youth is looking to their mentor wayne to decide the next trend for them to run into the ground when wayne got that ish from dipset who got that ish from us. years ago. for example.

i know you see the kids in the mall with their mohawks, size 24 jeans, xxM shirts, colorful sneakers, etc. thinking they're doing it.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:42 PM

364 posts, read 717,181 times
Quote:
because it is like you guys keep changing your opinion on ny.

first its ny isn't that big of a deal
then its not messing with milan.
then its you don't respect/care about what comes out of ny.
then it lacks an edge on fashion in the u.s. and the world.
then it has sort of an edge but not as much as it used to

NOW its we give ny its props.

negro please.

Say bruh all due respect but fashion these days comes from everywhere....

Like you do know that the recent selvage denim trend with brands like Nudies, APC, Naked & Famous and Samurai is a Cali trend right??
Hipster heads in LA and San Fran been rocking APC New Standards and Nudies for a while now, back when everybody else was on Tru Religons and Sevens.......

DMV heads been rockin Penny Foams for like 10 years now......

And everybody has been rocking Polo for like forever and a day now.....I mean Polo has been the sh*t since I was in grade school...the only thing new is the RL Rugby line, which IMO Ralph Lauren put out there because he knew us ni**as would buy that sh*t with the patches and labels everywhere.....

And that preppy trend with a vest from a 3 piece suit with a bow tie and some tweed slacks and some wingtips is actually some Morehouse College sh*t...those cats at the AUC have been rocking that for as long as I can remember.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:43 PM

anyway you guys back on topic please.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
my point is that many of you are wearing things that were a part of trends set in ny years ago and you don't even realize it...to the point where you can sit there and post something like "we don't have an edge like we used to."

half the urban youth is looking to their mentor wayne to decide the next trend for them to run into the ground when wayne got that ish from dipset who got that ish from us. years ago. for example.

i know you see the kids in the mall with their mohawks, size 24 jeans, xxM shirts, colorful sneakers, etc. thinking they're doing it.
Well you can pluck Detroit out that list because skinny jeans, walet chains and tight shirts are sooooooo not our style. ew and Im glad.

but OMG eek just let go already. we get it, we're all hopelessly running around in garbage bags just wishing we could get to NY for some fashion! oh my

I'll remeber that on my next trip to Chicago

Old 09-27-2010, 06:49 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,728,847 times
you aren't doing much better with true religion-esque jeans with studs and ish on them and fitteds from fake streetwear labels, either tho.

but ok. post more examples of the yays because that video was mad dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City