Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 06:50 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,393,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zone2flyboy View Post
Say bruh all due respect but fashion these days comes from everywhere....

Like you do know that the recent selvage denim trend with brands like Nudies, APC, Naked & Famous and Samurai is a Cali trend right??
Hipster heads in LA and San Fran been rocking APC New Standards and Nudies for a while now, back when everybody else was on Tru Religons and Sevens.......

DMV heads been rockin Penny Foams for like 10 years now......

And everybody has been rocking Polo for like forever and a day now.....I mean Polo has been the sh*t since I was in grade school...the only thing new is the RL Rugby line, which IMO Ralph Lauren put out there because he knew us ni**as would buy that sh*t with the patches and labels everywhere.....

And that preppy trend with a vest from a 3 piece suit with a bow tie and some tweed slacks and some wingtips is actually some Morehouse College sh*t...those cats at the AUC have been rocking that for as long as I can remember.
oh yea I forgot to mention Naked & Famous and Nudies. Yea polo goes in and out. I rember when people here used to rock polo like so long ago (and it had already went in and out of style by this time) then they were on Lacoste then back to polo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 06:51 PM

650 posts, read 1,327,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Ah whey yuh get dat new Clarks dey daddy

Lmao, that is so funny to me.
#Dead, I'm choking over here. lmfao.

I'm interested in seeing the current regional trends.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:52 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
polo been a staple in ny for the longest tho. i don't think i would have brought that up.

selvage denim isn't a recent trend.

the dmv did run foams into the ground, tho. but we've always been on multiple ish here in ny and not one particular thing, when it comes to sneakers...i guess for awhile you could call uptowns the sneakers we ran into the ground.

but with house of hoops, niketown, and various mom and pop shops and of course your typical sneaker stores here, there's too much exclusive ish to pass up on.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:53 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,406,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Maybe for Chicago but Detroit styles isn't straight from anywhere. The only place we ever really get any style/trend from is NY and we don't copy it exactly. We may take something and wear it our own way. We never get any styles from the south lol. Most people in Detroit think southerners aren't the best dressers anyway. When it come to the westcoast its the same as the way we are with NY. Everybody takes something from somewhere else. The south actually immulate NY styles to the T more than anywhere. When I go out of state I can always tell if somebody is from Detroit. We don't really dress like anybody.
one thing i noticed that the thugs in detroit wear that thugs in nyc used to wear(well idk if detroit thugs still wear these anyway), but the leather coats with the leather designs.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:54 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,732,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N130 View Post
#Dead, I'm choking over here. lmfao.

I'm interested in seeing the current regional trends.
yeah, i'ma stop.

i hope some ppl from cali, chicago, and miami post. pics.

i think me and like two or three others are the only ppl to post pics.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
you aren't doing much better with true religion-esque jeans with studs and ish on them and fitteds from fake streetwear labels, either tho.

but ok. post more examples of the yays because that video was mad dark.
true religion-esque? lol they look similar to True Religion but their collection is killing Trues IMO. Their website has so much more. I just googled those pics. lol first thing I seen this morning too was a dude in some LBs. and those fitteds are only popular because Detroit people support our local stuff. But you wouldn't catch more dudes rocking those than the ones who rock the traditional ol' D fitted. Anything with "Detroit" on it will get worn here.

Old 09-27-2010, 06:59 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,310,892 times

I know none of yall have ever seen this before...

Old 09-27-2010, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
one thing i noticed that the thugs in detroit wear that thugs in nyc used to wear(well idk if detroit thugs still wear these anyway), but the leather coats with the leather designs.
I know what you're talking about. Al Wissams. They came out around the same time Pelle Pelle did and they were mirrored after Pelle Pelle but they didn't stay in style because "we were behind". Like I said Detroit people support local lines so even if the style is "played out" somewhere else the dudes here will more than likely still rock it. The founder of Al Wissam is from here so they supported him. But embroided leathers aren't the only thing sold in Al Wissam. Big Tigger used to rock a lot of Al Wissam when he was still hosting rap city because he had moved here for a min. But its not really as popular as it used to be.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mas23 View Post
I know none of yall have ever seen this before...

OMG OMG OMG! I actually have!!!!! and it wasn't too long ago. My cousin and I were somewhere and we were like "erruh" lol looking all sideways trying to figure out what the purpose of the watch on the hat was for. What is that? I mean what brand?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:05 PM

but the boy hat was red tho^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City