Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,365,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
LRG's the main brand that people wear in the bay. After that idk... local brands include:

Live Mechanics
Filthy Dripped
Oaklandish
Ed Hardy

Other brands that I see all the time in the bay:

Coogi
Blac Label
Rocawear
Parish

Kicks:

Nikes
Converse
Vans
Adidas
Filas

Hats:

New Eras
Beanies

I mostly wear local stuff and Coogi... you'll never catch me in Ed Hardy though. lol

i dont beleive the bay area peeps still rock lrg and roca wear, from the music videos i have seen it look like they got it right and left those a long time ago like us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2010, 07:08 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,209 times
Here are some videos to give you an idea of what the VA scene looks like. We aiite... lol

7-16-2010 CAM Celebrity Weekend - Club Entourage on Vimeo

Blueprint III Event x Labor Day Weekend 9.5.2010 on Vimeo

edit:

Oh and this is my area of VA, 757 Norfolk/Va Beach

Old 09-27-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
We got lots of Detroit people in Houston and they pretty much fit right in with the city as far as style and fashion. Also; you should be more specific about the south because maybe in Miami and Atlanta; they emulate NYC, but places like Houston and Dallas are more influenced by the west coast.
this is very true

Old 09-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
Some popular brands in Detroit

Males
True Religion
A. Tiziano
Mek Denim
Laguna Beach Jeans
Ralph Lauren
Orisue
Parish
Levi

Local lines- District 81, Burn Rubber & Al Wissam
District 81 Clothing
Al Wissam, Inc.
Burn Rubber Sneaker Boutique | Fresh Kicks. All Day. Everyday.
shoes
Polo
Nike
Jordan
Cole Haan

Females here wear alot of Levi, Bebe, Forever 21, Besty Johnson, Guess/G etc clothing and local boutique clothing like C'est La Vie, Pretty Pieces/Baby Doll Boutique instead of a lot of urban wear.

C'est La Vie
Ce'st La Vie Clothing Store - C'est La Vie

Other popular stores
G-STAR DENIM | 4MEN USA (http://4menusa.com/clothing/g-star-denim/ - broken link)
J-Bees: Creative Recreation | Live Mechanics clothing | urban clothing line
just curious how do guys rock their true religions in detroit?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
If we were going to state what "burbs" are the most fashionable, I'd have to give it to NJ. Not to sound bias, because fashion isn't all that important to me, but as the "mall state" and with NYC being big influence in the North Eastern portion of the state, whatever came out of NYC went through NJ first- It was very fashionable where I grew up (which wasn't in Newark).

Southern/Central/NW Jersey on the other hand, nothing special fashion wise.
very true

Old 09-27-2010, 07:16 PM

364 posts, read 715,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
polo been a staple in ny for the longest tho. i don't think i would have brought that up.

selvage denim isn't a recent trend.

the dmv did run foams into the ground, tho. but we've always been on multiple ish here in ny and not one particular thing, when it comes to sneakers...i guess for awhile you could call uptowns the sneakers we ran into the ground.

but with house of hoops, niketown, and various mom and pop shops and of course your typical sneaker stores here, there's too much exclusive ish to pass up on.

recent or not I remember when heads in NY was on the Tru's hard, and at the same time heads out in San Fran for instance wouldnt touch Tru's with a 20 foot pole, they were strictly on selvage brands...even back then..my point was to highlight that NY doesn't start all the trends patna....

And NY is running Penny Foams into the ground now, when DMV cats have been running Foams into the ground since Mike Bibby wore them in the Final Four way the hell back in like '98

And dude Polo has been a staple everywhere for the longest, I remember getting a pair of Polo Ranger boots for Christmas back in like '95, and I went back to school and thought I was the best thing walking the halls since sliced bread. When Young Dro and TI first came out they were rapping about Polo all the way back in like 2001, 2002, so dont act like NY is the only place where Polo has been a staple.

"Body full of Polo clothes fresher than a b*tch now, A1 status make my girl get at your b*tch now" ---Young Dro 2004

"PA, Pimp C trill n*gga, Polo fu** that Hilfiger"- Pimp C from UGK 2001

And lastly everybody in NY aint going to HOH, NikeTown, to cop kicks homie. It's allot of yall gettin the fake joints too. I saw allot of Air Max 24-7's with the A and the X cut off on the tounge where Air Max is supposed to be and allot of Penny Foams and Half Cents with the white soles (instead of icey) and the white and black checkerboard carbon fiber on the bottom when the real ones all black and grey when I was up there last.....

Old 09-27-2010, 07:19 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,382,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
just curious how do guys rock their true religions in detroit?
what exactly do you mean? like if they rock em tight?

Old 09-27-2010, 07:21 PM

492 posts, read 1,024,209 times
Are those bugle boy jeans youre wearing? H naw you know they POLO! - Trick Daddy LOL

Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,712,460 times
i meant that polo been a staple in ny since the early 90's.
the only reason foams are even rocked now in abundance is because they recently rereleased. lets be honest, here.

but i'ma stop going back and forth. post fashion from your city like i did mine.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
eek you should be showing what fashions the homies rock cause those fashions you are showing probbaly can be easily found in other regions.

take ninety flavors route and show what the homies rock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City