Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:13 PM

Location: Detroit's eastside, downtown Detroit in near future!
2,053 posts, read 4,394,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eek View Post
1. how can something be played out when it wasn't accessible to the general public.

2. who said i rocked my espos??
1050 exist. they go from 500-1000 usd. getting them was hell. they are a collector's item.

3. i promise you that detroit is nowhere near nyc in terms of fashion so i really couldn't care less if we're actually going to compare scenes, as far as what ppl are rocking in detroit and what detroiters think is "played."

4. this reminds me of the devil wears prada with the girl that thought she knew everything, looking down on those into high fashion and the "devil" basically ****ed on her when she told her how fashion actually trickles down so what the girl was wearing actually came from stuff they picked out seasons ago. thats how nyc works.

so you can talk about what you don't care for because we started what you like and what you don't like.

including those bum hats you posted. thats our ish. supreme, alife, dqm, etc. been did that ish and others followed suit.
1. just because something has a different name and price it doesn't mean ****. its the EXACT same style as clear forces. same ****

2. you posted the pics not me

3. quite frankly i don't care about who thinks what of Detroit style. We have own and thats that. and fyi most Detroiters don't look to NY for style sorry

4. LMMFAO! no this is called cocky ass NYer who think everyone worships you. boss down my baby

does that even make sense??? lol

bum hats? your ish? haha those are straight up from burn rubber, burn rubber logo and all. Burn rubber is a DETROIT store. look it up www.burnrubberdetroit.com. They do sell other brands but ppl here buy mostly the store actual line. smh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2010, 10:13 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,450,597 times
Quote:
4. this reminds me of the devil wears prada with the girl that thought she knew everything, looking down on those into high fashion and the "devil" basically ****ed on her when she told her how fashion actually trickles down so what the girl was wearing actually came from stuff they picked out seasons ago. thats how nyc works.

so you can talk about what you don't care for because we started what you like and what you don't like.

including those bum hats you posted. thats our ish. supreme, alife, dqm, etc. been did that ish and others followed suit.
You're killing me right now! ROTF

Go easy on him! He probably doesn't know 59Fifty is also known as the "Brooklyn Style Cap"

New Era Cap Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-26-2010, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
You're killing me right now! ROTF

Go easy on him! He probably doesn't know 59Fifty is also known as the "Brooklyn Style Cap"

New Era Cap Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
first off I'm not a "him" smh

Old 09-26-2010, 10:19 PM

1,405 posts, read 2,450,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitlove View Post
first off I'm not a "him" smh
My fault.

I still stick my statement though. . . it depends on personal style/influence.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,332,923 times
I see style as more of a personal thing, not really defined by region. Like I don't dress anything like the people in eek's pics, but there are people who do dress like that. I've even seen a Lady Gaga-esque (before she started wearing meat) ice cream truck driver with huge door knocker earrings & a gold fitted on.

Quote:
other popular things I forgot to mention
Gucci (gym shoes mostly)
Cartier glasses "yays" (something that will probly never go out of style in the D lol)
gators (yep those too lol)

will post pics in a min
Uh oh lol. To legit to quit.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:20 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
1. just because something has a different name and price it doesn't mean ****. its the EXACT same style as clear forces. same ****

2. you posted the pics not me

3. quit frankly i don't care about who thinks what of Detroit style. We have own and thats that

4. LMMFAO! no this is called cocky ass NYer who think everyone worships you. boss down my baby

does that even make sense??? lol

bum hats? your ish? haha those are straight up from burn rubber, burn rubber logo and all. Burn rubber is a DETROIT store. look it up www.burnrubberdetroit.com. They do sell other brands but ppl here buy mostly the store actual line. smh
1. same ish like a belt from the gap and a belt from say...hermes is the same, right?

outside of looking completely different, outside of being two completely different sneakers, outside of the 3m, socks, collab between a graffiti artist and nike, proceeds going towards AIDS research or patients or whatever, x of 1050, being the ORIGINAL clear sneaker, etc. they're the same, right?

2. and i posted the pics of ish that i own. i figured i wouldn't just stop at posting pics of random ppl here but i'd show a lil bit of what i own as well.

3. thats fine. just don't try to **** on us and don't forget where the majority of your ish comes from originally.

4. not really.

5. the whole style of those hats. sorry that went over your head (no pun intended).

burn rubber = 1/2342343423432 trillion "streetwear" stores.
we have a ton of those types of stores here. where do you think these stores came from in the first place...?

just saying...anyway, keep it moving. i'm not trying to **** on your scene as much as i'm trying to inform ppl where this stuff originated. so when ppl talk about ___ city has ___ stuff just remember where it came from and don't **** on us.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I see style as more of a personal thing, not really defined by region. Like I don't dress anything like the people in eek's pics, but there are people who do dress like that. I've even seen a Lady Gaga-esque (before she started wearing meat) ice cream truck driver with huge door knocker earrings & a gold fitted on.

Uh oh lol. To legit to quit.
you're all the way on topic here! thats what the thread is about. I clearly said keep that "cocky" "superior" attitude out. I think a lot of NYers need to understand that everybody is not dying to dress like them. eek got offended because I said some of the stuff he posted you can see in other cities and some you can't and stated whats not popular here? wow. Every region/city has influences from some of everything and everywhere. Damn other people can and do have their own style.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:30 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Eek's posts remind me... there is a fashion that the bay created that the rest of the country has us to thank for:

Where the rest of yall got the game from... Oaktown's the original Players Paradise. Most of yall (yall meaning other cities) wouldnt even know what a player's ball was if it wasn't for The Mack lol

Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 PM

Quote:
1. same ish like a belt from the gap and a belt from say...hermes is the same, right?

outside of looking completely different, outside of being two completely different sneakers, outside of the 3m, socks, collab between a graffiti artist and nike, proceeds going towards AIDS research or patients or whatever, x of 1050, being the ORIGINAL clear sneaker, etc. they're the same, right?
hmmmm they look just alike so at the end......same ****. and i'd still walk away from a lame is some clear shoes. Boy bye
2. and i posted the pics of ish that i own. i figured i wouldn't just stop at posting pics of random ppl here but i'd show a lil bit of what i own as well.

3. thats fine. just don't try to **** on us and don't forget where the majority of your ish comes from originally.
how exactly did anybody try to **** on yall? majority?????? hahahahaha funniest **** ever.
5. the whole style of those hats. sorry that went over your head (no pun intended).

burn rubber = 1/2342343423432 trillion "streetwear" stores.
we have a ton of those types of stores here. where do you think these stores came from in the first place...?
goood for NY! want a cookie? lmao
just saying...anyway, keep it moving. i'm not trying to **** on your scene as much as i'm trying to inform ppl where this stuff originated. so when ppl talk about ___ city has ___ stuff just remember where it came from and don't **** on us.
funny since I never said where **** came from.
my comments in red

Old 09-26-2010, 10:44 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times
Come to think of it, a lot of the hip hop trends (clothing and otherwise) - big ass gold chains (not to be confused with medallions), old schools, fedoras, etc. - came directly from pimp culture, which came from Oakland/SF. Bay 1 Yall 0

j/p
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City