Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:11 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times

Advertisements

I'd think

Brownsville, El Paso, Laredo, and McAllen in Texas
Miami in Florida
Oxnard and Santa Ana in California

Would all be "Hispanic friendly" as they all look to be over 60% Hispanic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2010, 06:21 PM

6,963 posts, read 20,534,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
every city in the u.s
yeah seriously

Old 09-29-2010, 06:42 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,197,612 times
Chicago, IL

Old 09-29-2010, 07:41 PM

326 posts, read 1,169,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
Miami (South Florida)
San Antonio
Houston
San Fran.
NYC.
Austin
Denver
Santa Fe
NYC! Unless you consider beating Mexicans just because they're Mexicans friendly. I hope they caught those punks already.

Old 09-29-2010, 07:51 PM

1,937 posts, read 4,709,573 times
All of Gainesville, Dalton, and Gwinnett, GA..........

Old 09-29-2010, 08:30 PM

1,250 posts, read 2,517,147 times
I would think anywhere where they are a majority or plurality to a degree.

But in terms of any issues it might be better in areas where the overall percentage of population is small since the related issues are not that important there.

Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 PM

535 posts, read 1,410,900 times
Thanks for posting!

What I asked on my post (for those who did not really understand it) is what are the most hispanic or latino friendly cities. What I mean is, where are the least racially profiled and where discrimination is the least present.

Also, I would love to know....what are the least hispanic or latino friendly cities...

I just need a reference to know where to move when I graduate from school. I don't want to be racially profiled on job interviews, even though, I'm not Mexican and I don't look like one either, I'm not blonde either.

Thanks

By the way, I lived in Miami already and I don't want to come back. It's hispanic friendly but you get discriminated by your country of origin. I'm telling this by experience. I was discriminated for not being Cuban and Nicaraguan

Old 09-29-2010, 09:31 PM

1,694 posts, read 3,622,115 times
I would maby check out San Antonio,McAllen,El Paso,Corpus Christi and Laredo those cities have good sized hispanic populations.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:34 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,932,444 times
In my experience, from best to worst (% Hispanic in parentheses):

Spokane, WA (4.5%):
Never had a problem here. IMO the amount present has little to do with how one will be treated.

Riverside-San Bernardino, CA (54.1%)
Not too many problems here, some occasional maltreatments if you DON'T speak Spanish, and a little bit if you aren't "Mexican enough". However, everybody seems to get along here for the most part, regardless of race/ethnicity.

Seattle, WA (8.4%)
My experience here is limited, but race isn't a social indicator here IMO.

Denver, CO (24.2%)
You would think Denver would do better, it being a new Mecca for everybody and all, but it is very racially and socially segregated IMO. Some of the things that have been said to me here (or that I have heard) have really had me scratch my head (or shake it in disbelief).

Ridgecrest, CA (11.6%)
If you are a native-born, English-speaking American with a Spanish surname, and want to be treated like you are a newly-arrived illegal, move here.

Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM

8,613 posts, read 10,143,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
Thanks for posting!

What I asked on my post (for those who did not really understand it) is what are the most hispanic or latino friendly cities. What I mean is, where are the least racially profiled and where discrimination is the least present.

Also, I would love to know....what are the least hispanic or latino friendly cities...

I just need a reference to know where to move when I graduate from school. I don't want to be racially profiled on job interviews, even though, I'm not Mexican and I don't look like one either, I'm not blonde either.

Thanks

By the way, I lived in Miami already and I don't want to come back. It's hispanic friendly but you get discriminated by your country of origin. I'm telling this by experience. I was discriminated for not being Cuban and Nicaraguan
Thanks for clarifying this because being a Hispanic or Latino-friendly city does not automatically equate to being a city where you have the least chance of being racially profiled. On the flip-side, someone who lives in a state that doesn't have a large amount of Hispanics or Latinos could easily say that there is a better chance of them being racially profiled there than someone who lives in AZ (for example) which has a strong Hispanic and Latino presence in the community, politics, police force, etc. and has for generations (despite the SB1070 racial profiling hoopla stirred up by the left-leaning media and the ignorant individuals who do not educate themselves to know any better). There are actually Hispanic and Latino people who live in this state who do not live in fear of being profiled and really have no reason to either.

Last edited by AZLiam; 09-29-2010 at 09:52 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City