U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 26 35.62%
Hudson 47 64.38%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:36 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,514,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
You're a broken record.

"Access and view of manhattan is absurd"
To who? You?! IF the Bronx had the views, you'd probably be a broken record in that regard- Face your insecurity and quit whining already.

Totally absurd.
~

"It is alien to people who actually live in places with an identity-to suggest a city/county/etc is better simply because of its view of another superior city or its access to that city"

According to you, the "King of NY", no one in Hudson county county has the right to look at Manhattan, and it it also Hudson Counties fault that they're geographically located across from Manhattan. Is that what makes Hudson county cultureless?- they have better views of Manhattan than anyone else in the world. Where do you think the majority of your cities Skyline shots are taken from?- Grab a kleenex and get over it.
You say these things like people are going to agree with you and back you up. Your the only ignoramus here believing NYC has a great wall built around it.
You also keep mentioning "as a fellow NYer" as if you live in a fantasy and "live up" to your name "King of NY"- The majority of NYers on here think you're nuts and they disagree with the majority of the things you say.
No according to you Hudson county has that type of view of manhattan. Not everyone in hudson county has a view of manhattan like that. Lets not kid ourselves. There are views of manhattan from every borough. No native nyer is going to actually state that as a positive in a vs thread that has nothing to do with manhattan. I only focus on the bronx and the bronx only. Manhattan is mentioned in every nj vs ? thread by by new jerseyans because nj has no identity...Im a madman for keeping it real

To all the other posters not from nj who participated in a nj vs ? thread was it not njs supposed access to nyc and its view of its skyline always mentioned as a browny point to nj or its cities. Thats completely absurd to anyone that comes from places that has an identity

Do nyers use its view of jersey city as a browny point. Considering we supposedly dont have a view of our own skyline. When i walk out into my terrace i see the midtown skyline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2010, 09:37 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,267,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The lmao moment comes when you factor in the real world fact that the bronxs population might be three times that of hudson county

1.5 or so mill to a couple hundred thousand

Again........................... LOL. Given the choice (and the economic capability; the key to this whole discussion, given that Bronx Co is one of the poorest Co's in the nation), how many of those Bronx residence would jump at the chance to move to Weehawken, Hoboken, Downtown Jersey City? You understand.
Size is a misnomer that you love to perpetuate. Hudson Co is the size of Hudson Co. Jersey City, Hoboken & such are growing in population, but it's still a small area land wise that will have to become even more vertical in order to capitalize. And that's what's happening.
Keep pecking away though................ You might actually stumble on a good point.

Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Again........................... LOL. Given the choice (and the economic capability; the key to this whole discussion, given that Bronx Co is one of the poorest Co's in the nation), how many of those Bronx residence would jump at the chance to move to Weehawken, Hoboken, Downtown Jersey City? You understand.
Size is a misnomer that you love to perpetuate. Hudson Co is the size of Hudson Co. Jersey City, Hoboken & such are growing in population, but it's still a small area land wise that will have to become even more vertical in order to capitalize. And that's what's happening.
Keep pecking away though................ You might actually stumble on a good point.
Me living in the southeast bronx in a nice quite residential community is definently not jumping at any chance to live in new jersey. If im going to move, im moving to the south or to long island not new jersey. I'll take manhattan,Riverdale,pelham,country club before anywhere in new jersey. Atleast i wont have to pay a toll to get "in the city"

The good point is that their are people paying pretty pennys to stay in the bronx. People buying mansions in the north bx and could careless about new jersey or midtown

Old 10-03-2010, 09:44 PM

7,728 posts, read 8,913,341 times
The Bronx.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 PM

2,585 posts, read 3,267,296 times
Quote:
Me living in the southeast bronx in a nice quite residential community is definently not jumping at any chance to live in new jersey. If im going to move, im moving to the south or to long island not new jersey.
Your man just said Long Island.............................. WOW!
You stay clowning.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
You stay clowning.
A person from the bronx would move to iowa if the price was right...well maybe. But anyways im not in that boat like alot of other bronxites. So the Bronx is poor is laughable to me...Not the bronx im living in Nobody is thinking about moving to jersey and considering the bronx's population is steadilty ahead of hudson county or any nj city/county in that state, reality agrees with me. Fck a poll

Old 10-03-2010, 10:18 PM

5,262 posts, read 7,788,586 times
Quote:
No according to you Hudson county has that type of view of manhattan. Not everyone in hudson county has a view of manhattan like that. Lets not kid ourselves. There are views of manhattan from every borough. No native nyer is going to actually state that as a positive in a vs thread that has nothing to do with manhattan. I only focus on the bronx and the bronx only. Manhattan is mentioned in every nj vs ? thread by by new jerseyans because nj has no identity...Im a madman for keeping it real

To all the other posters not from nj who participated in a nj vs ? thread was it not njs supposed access to nyc and its view of its skyline always mentioned as a browny point to nj or its cities. Thats completely absurd to anyone that comes from places that has an identity

Do nyers use its view of jersey city as a browny point. Considering we supposedly dont have a view of our own skyline. When i walk out into my terrace i see the midtown skyline
I'm done with you now. It's apparent that you're only goal in life is to belittle NJ with crappy sentence structure and pitiful logic- Ironically, proving your own point on how the Bronx is losing due to its bad stigma.

~

Anyway- Time for another picture display to sooth myself from the idiocy.

BRONX:

That last one shows the good views The Bronx has of the Palisade Cliffs in NJ... And I'm ok with that.

Old 10-03-2010, 10:20 PM

4,488 posts, read 5,152,549 times
Quote:
You stay clowning.
First you unnecessarily attack Staten Island and now Long Island. Is there any possible way you can make a point without bringing another area down to your level?

Old 10-03-2010, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I'm done with you now. It's apparent that you're only goal in life is to belittle NJ with crappy sentence structure and pitiful logic- Ironically, proving your own point on how the Bronx is losing due to its bad stigma.

~

Anyway- Time for another picture display to sooth myself from the idiocy.

BRONX:

That last one shows the good views The Bronx has of the Palisade Cliffs in NJ... And I'm ok with that.
Great pics of the bronx. Maybe i have been ignorant in this thread. Allow me to give the same the favor

Hudson County:

Hoboken train station

http://ftp.genlyon.addr.com/inder.html/Jersey%20City%20(Hall)3.jpg (broken link)
Jersey City

Old 10-03-2010, 10:59 PM

5,262 posts, read 7,788,586 times
HUDSON COUNTY

By nycbyfoot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nycbyfoot/ - broken link)

By dallascaper (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dallascaper/ - broken link)

By Dan Beards (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7355435@N04/ - broken link)

By Tony Shi, NY-NJ (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonyshi/ - broken link)

By gaia.streetart (http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaiastreetart/ - broken link)

By tom_hoboken (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tom_hoboken/ - broken link)

By Adventures of Tintin (http://www.flickr.com/photos/glady/ - broken link)

By New Yorkled (http://www.flickr.com/photos/new-yorkled/ - broken link)

(The pictures are basically side by side comparisons)

The 1st one represents Housing
The 2nd one is an aerial view in Bronx/Hudson
The 3rd one is High rises
The 4th one is density
The 5th one is Street Art
The 6th one is Housing (again)
The 7th one is Brownstones
The 8th one is Beach (For the BX) and Lay out area (For Hudson)
The 9th one is Single Family homes
The 10th one is Hudson River Waterfronts

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City