U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 26 35.62%
Hudson 47 64.38%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 08:43 PM

3,012 posts, read 3,253,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2BeFree View Post
Oh please, I live on Staten Island. If anything, you should relate, NJ has bad undeserved stigma too, but you seem to cling on to NJ's stigma to avoid the Bronx's.

It's really a shame.
The state of new jersey set up their gold coast region so that it could leech off of the power of nyc. If thats impressive to some, than so be it. It still remains a stale state with a watered down/pseudo/wannabe nyc culture
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM

29 posts, read 17,704 times
Lived in the bronx most of my life. i like the diversity bUt i hated going out at night. i enjoy my SAFE Nightly walks with beautiful views.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM

303 posts, read 377,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The bronx has a lingering stigma stemmed from the seventies. Most people vote against without knowing what the heck they're talking about. It is what it is
oo like what your saying about JC isn't stigmas right??because you apparently ( a person from the bronx) knows so much about JC

Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM

4,563 posts, read 9,039,933 times
Why is that guy talking about Newark and Camden in a thread about Hudson County? Y'know, Watertown sucks, so I'll vote against the Bronx.

Old 06-13-2011, 08:48 PM

****EDIT EDIT******

Sorry i disrespected you philly by leaving you out. Heres what i meant to say

It still remains a stale state(that is HALF) a watered down/pseudo/wannabe nyc culture. And HALF a watered down/pseudo/wannabe philly culture

my bad

Old 06-13-2011, 08:53 PM

303 posts, read 377,962 times
Quote:
The state of new jersey set up their gold coast region so that it could leech off of the power of nyc. If thats impressive to some, than so be it. It still remains a stale state with a watered down/pseudo/wannabe nyc culture

Most of nj was already set up before that. the only people who call it that are the developers FROM ny, no Real JC calls it the gold coast and no REAL JC resident prides themself with the monikers of being called the "6th borough". ONly OTHER ny who are looking to make money and people from outside the area who can't afford ny so they move to JC and try to find someway to associate with ny so they can feel special IF JC was such a leech then explain what happened after the 1930s, shouldn't living next to ny have helped us? yet our gentrification has only been taking effect the last years

Old 06-13-2011, 09:00 PM

2,441 posts, read 2,966,478 times
Quote:
tHE BRONX IS JUST A BOROUGH AND HAS MORE WELL KNOWN THINGS THAN HUDSON COUNTY

Or jersey city AKA- I only have skyscrapers because im close to new york
AKA- We gladly market ourselves as BROOKLYN WEST since we have no culture or identity for ourselves

Or Hoboken AKA- the alternative to SOHO since we have no identity of our own
The Bronx would KILL to market themselves as Brooklyn North if they could. But you can't.
Lets not forget; Not too long ago, Brooklyn was marketing themselves as a "cool" alternative to Manhattan as well.
NYC or not.......................... Hoboken, Downtown/Waterfront Jersey City has parleyed that into significant development (both residential & commercial) while The Bronx just "keeps it straight 100% official NYC".
Good luck with that.
NYC hasn't been 100% official NYC in a long, long time (your man Rudy made sure of that). It's a new day & age & The Bronx desperately clings to the past because what else do you have left? You're getting left behind.
Sorry.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
Most of nj was already set up before that. the only people who call it that are the developers FROM ny, no Real JC calls it the gold coast and no REAL JC resident prides themself with the monikers of being called the "6th borough". ONly OTHER ny who are looking to make money and people from outside the area who can't afford ny so they move to JC and try to find someway to associate with ny so they can feel special IF JC was such a leech then explain what happened after the 1930s, shouldn't living next to ny have helped us? yet our gentrification has only been taking effect the last years
Lol ya right. Natives and transplants alike leech off of new york based culture. Jersey culture is a watered down or,ironically, an exaggerated version of new york culture. Nothing more nothing less. You can fool ppl who dont live in the tristate with that stuff but not ppl that no what time it is

Old 06-13-2011, 09:06 PM

126 posts, read 130,608 times
Quote:
****EDIT EDIT******

Sorry i disrespected you philly by leaving you out. Heres what i meant to say

It still remains a stale state(that is HALF) a watered down/pseudo/wannabe nyc culture. And HALF a watered down/pseudo/wannabe philly culture

my bad
So, is Metro Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco "watered down/pseudo/wannabe" .. No, of course not, because they're in the same state they automatically don't have to deal with people like you, who bicker on and on about complete nonsense.

NYC/Philly's metro hits hard in NJ. There's nothing wannabe about it, NJ's location and size has always been a crime and you never hear the end of it. Why hasn't the economic impact of NYC influence its own state, the way it did NJ?? Without NYC, NYS would still be more populated and much larger geographically than NJ, but not nearly as wealthy.

I love the NYC metro area, especially NJ. Too bad for you, you're limited and arrogant.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
The Bronx would KILL to market themselves as Brooklyn North if they could. But you can't.
Lets not forget; Not too long ago, Brooklyn was marketing themselves as a "cool" alternative to Manhattan as well.
NYC or not.......................... Hoboken, Downtown/Waterfront Jersey City has parleyed that into significant development (both residential & commercial) while The Bronx just "keeps it straight 100% official NYC".
Good luck with that.
NYC hasn't been 100% official NYC in a long, long time (your man Rudy made sure of that). It's a new day & age & The Bronx desperately clings to the past because what else do you have left? You're getting left behind.
Sorry.
The bronx past,present and future will always market itself as the bronx. Brooklyn always marketed its self as BROOKLYN. So much so that the name has recognition worldwide. I cant believe you would say some dumb s..t like that. BK damn near wants to be recognized as its own city.lol

Brooklyn and the bronx have more identity than jersey in their left thumb,especially hudson county aka-"where only 5 minutes from new york,we promise"(knowing very few have that access or lives near reasonable transit lol)

And trust me the bronx is being built up and has nowhere else to go but up. Its been like that for awhile now

Last edited by K.O.N.Y; 06-13-2011 at 09:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City