Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 30 37.97%
Hudson 49 62.03%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 09:14 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,069,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
1.ALERT TO CLUELESS NEW JERSEYANS- The statue of liberty is a NYC ATTRACTION. We nyers understand you have to steal our attractions because you have none for yourself. But please stop embarrassing yourselves. Nobody associates the statue of liberty with the state of new jersey nor jersey city. So stop it fools

2. People from new jersey cant get to anything quicker than i can. Stop acting like all of hudson county lives with a train station right down stairs. The GAP widens even further if we start talking transportation by car. Theres enough express buses and trains for bronxites to get into manhattan much quicker than the majority of jersey residents

3. The bronx zoo is the best in the northeast and one of the best in the world. Why would i care what type of access ,a small minority of jerseyans, have to the wack as# central park zoo.lol

4.Also jersey and its cities show how lame they are by leeching off another city in a completely different state. Jerseyans suck nycs money maker so much that they try to use their access to manhattan against other locations that are actually IN NYC. What a joke. Completely forgetting the fact that all boros(sans staten) are closer to manhattan than it is and has a much wider range of public transit options to get to manhattan. The bronx is nyc-millions spend taxes in this boro to help make the city what it is, what would jersey city be without its proximity to new york

YOUR A CITY WHOSE MAIN SELLING POINT IS A VIEW OF ANOTHER CITY. pLEASE LOL

tHE BRONX IS JUST A BOROUGH AND HAS MORE WELL KNOWN THINGS THAN HUDSON COUNTY

Or jersey city AKA- I only have skyscrapers because im close to new york
AKA- We gladly market ourselves as BROOKLYN WEST since we have no culture or identity for ourselves

Or Hoboken AKA- the alternative to SOHO since we have no identity of our own
I forgot to add the fact that the bronx has more people than any city or providence in new jersey.

I guess for those living in the slums of newark,JC,camden and all the other hell holes in jersey-the bronx would be an upgrade huh openheads.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2011, 09:19 PM

303 posts, read 750,237 times
Quote:
I forgot to add the fact that the bronx has more people than any city or providence in new jersey.

I guess for those living in the slums of newark,JC,camden and all the other hell holes in jersey-the bronx would be an upgrade huh openheads.

duh it has more people..it has a bigger size...smh. this guy has lost all common sense abilities hasn't he?

Old 06-13-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC1990 View Post
duh it has more people..it has a bigger size...smh. this guy has lost all common sense abilities hasn't he?
So now we are making excuses?Bottom line is most of the things new jersey calls cities, are way worst than the bronx

Old 06-13-2011, 09:35 PM

125 posts, read 332,251 times
Quote:
1.ALERT TO CLUELESS NEW JERSEYANS- The statue of liberty is a NYC ATTRACTION. We nyers understand you have to steal our attractions because you have none for yourself. But please stop embarrassing yourselves. Nobody associates the statue of liberty with the state of new jersey nor jersey city. So stop it fools

2. People from new jersey cant get to anything quicker than i can. Stop acting like all of hudson county lives with a train station right down stairs. The GAP widens even further if we start talking transportation by car. Theres enough express buses and trains for bronxites to get into manhattan much quicker than the majority of jersey residents

3. The bronx zoo is the best in the northeast and one of the best in the world. Why would i care what type of access ,a small minority of jerseyans, have to the wack as# central park zoo.lol

4.Also jersey and its cities show how lame they are by leeching off another city in a completely different state. Jerseyans suck nycs money maker so much that they try to use their access to manhattan against other locations that are actually IN NYC. What a joke. Completely forgetting the fact that all boros(sans staten) are closer to manhattan than it is and has a much wider range of public transit options to get to manhattan. The bronx is nyc-millions spend taxes in this boro to help make the city what it is, what would jersey city be without its proximity to new york

YOUR A CITY WHOSE MAIN SELLING POINT IS A VIEW OF ANOTHER CITY. pLEASE LOL

tHE BRONX IS JUST A BOROUGH AND HAS MORE WELL KNOWN THINGS THAN HUDSON COUNTY

Or jersey city AKA- I only have skyscrapers because im close to new york
AKA- We gladly market ourselves as BROOKLYN WEST since we have no culture or identity for ourselves

Or Hoboken AKA- the alternative to SOHO since we have no identity of our own
Lol, wow, you do realize that you're the only one representing the Bronx on here, and seeing how naive and immature you're acting, it's probably one of the many reasons why the Bronx is losing. How old are you?.. sheesh

Old 06-13-2011, 09:37 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,356,682 times
Definitely Hudson county. Cities like Hoboken and JC have much more desirable areas areas to live, and also mix in the thriving business environments.

I'll take a that over a zoo and a stadium any day.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2BeFree View Post
Lol, wow.

And the Bronx is still losing.
The bronx has a lingering stigma stemmed from the seventies. Most people vote against without knowing what the heck they're talking about. It is what it is

Old 06-13-2011, 09:40 PM

125 posts, read 332,251 times
Quote:
The bronx has a lingering stigma stemmed from the seventies. Most people vote against without knowing what the heck they're talking about. It is what it is
Oh please, I live on Staten Island. If anything, you should relate, NJ has bad undeserved stigma too, but you seem to cling on to NJ's stigma to avoid the Bronx's.

It's really a shame.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking2BeFree View Post
Oh please, I live on Staten Island. If anything, you should relate, NJ has bad undeserved stigma too, but you seem to cling on to NJ's stigma to avoid the Bronx's.

It's really a shame.
The state of new jersey set up their gold coast region so that it could leech off of the power of nyc. If thats impressive to some, than so be it. It still remains a stale state with a watered down/pseudo/wannabe nyc culture

Old 06-13-2011, 09:47 PM

303 posts, read 750,237 times
Quote:
oo like what your saying about JC isn't stigmas right??because you apparently ( a person from the bronx) knows so much about JC

Old 06-13-2011, 09:48 PM

7,053 posts, read 19,224,256 times
Why is that guy talking about Newark and Camden in a thread about Hudson County? Y'know, Watertown sucks, so I'll vote against the Bronx.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City