U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Bronx Vs Hudson
Bronx 29 37.18%
Hudson 49 62.82%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Old 09-26-2010, 09:51 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,256 posts, read 11,595,546 times
Reputation: 3072

Advertisements

I hope I can do this without wreaking havoc. Just state what you prefer, why, and move on- don't start belittling a place to satisfy yourself.


Basically, one is a borough of NYC while the other is a 2nd tier urban area of NYC. Both are nearly the same size in land mass and they both have strong Hispanic influences- Which do you prefer?
The Bronx is north of Manhattan.
Hudson County is West of Manhattan

Bronx:
Pop- 1.4 Mill
Land Area- 42 Square Miles
Pop Density- 33,247
Biggest Attractions- Yankee Stadium/Bronx Zoo

Racial Makeup


~~~

Hudson County:
Pop- 600K
Land Area- 47 Sq Miles
Pop Density- 12,807
Biggest Attractions- Ferry's to Ellis/Liberty Island/River walk


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



BRONX


By Emilio Guerra (http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilio_guerra/ - broken link)

By Emilio Guerra (http://www.flickr.com/photos/emilio_guerra/ - broken link)

By anadelmann (http://www.flickr.com/photos/adelmann/ - broken link)

By Lawrence L (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lvlewitinn/ - broken link)

By nachlaot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/11525608@N03/ - broken link)


~~~~~~~~~~


HUDSON


By wallyg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/wallyg/ - broken link)

By Dan Beards (http://www.flickr.com/photos/7355435@N04/ - broken link)

By ANO07 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ano07/ - broken link)

By Michael-SpeedraceR (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael_speedracer/ - broken link)

By undertheturnpike (http://www.flickr.com/photos/13105441@N04/ - broken link)

Last edited by BPerone201; 09-26-2010 at 10:11 PM..
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,294 posts, read 16,389,783 times
Reputation: 6045
I love Hudson County. To me it's more "balanced" than The Bronx if that makes any sense.

Plus I'd prefer to live there over the Bronx.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 01:55 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,170,257 times
Reputation: 1143
The only way the bronx can lose this, and ultimately will lose this is based off stigma alone

The bronx has better public transportation
Which equals better access to the city(other four boroughs)

A much bigger population

Better parks-A beach

The yankees.Bronx Zoo.Ny botanical garden is a more impressive than anything you can throw at the borough

The bronx has had a much bigger impact on general worldwide pop culture through hip hop aswell

The most you can say with Hudson County is that it has more rich affluent neighborhoods. But the bronx can throw riverdale,pelham,City island basically the northern portion of the borough in the equation

The bronx a simple borough of a city has more of an identity than the entire state of new jersey aswell.

*Also to add. How can you use a picture of the statue of liberty for new jersey? The statue of liberty would go to the bronx as it represents ny and is nyc attraction regardless of how good a view hudson county has of it
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,256 posts, read 11,595,546 times
Reputation: 3072
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
The only way the bronx can lose this, and ultimately will lose this is based off stigma alone

The bronx has better public transportation
Which equals better access to the city(other four boroughs)

A much bigger population

Better parks-A beach

The yankees.Bronx Zoo.Ny botanical garden is a more impressive than anything you can throw at the borough

The bronx has had a much bigger impact on general worldwide pop culture through hip hop aswell

The most you can say with Hudson County is that it has more rich affluent neighborhoods. But the bronx can throw riverdale,pelham,City island basically the northern portion of the borough in the equation

The bronx a simple borough of a city has more of an identity than the entire state of new jersey aswell.

*Also to add. How can you use a picture of the statue of liberty for new jersey? The statue of liberty would go to the bronx as it represents ny and is nyc attraction regardless of how good a view hudson county has of it
I'm hoping we can stay civil here.

This is a comparison between Bronx Count and Hudson County (And no, the statue doesn't represent just NYC, let alone the Bronx)- Hudson county offers ferry rides to both Liberty and Ellis islands, and it offers better views- Bronx County doesn't offer any of that, so why would I post the backside of lady liberty taken from JC it to represent "The Bronx? Whether or not the Statue is NYC's property, it's still a tourist attraction in Jersey City (Hudson County).
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:19 PM
 
Location: Columbia Heights, D.C.
331 posts, read 759,212 times
Reputation: 99
Hudson...
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:24 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,170,257 times
Reputation: 1143
You posted a picture of the statue of liberty like its associated with hudson county. Does hudson county have nothing better of its own to post. The statue of liberty is a nyc attraction ,a city in which the bronx is in, saying anything else is completely delusional

The statue of liberty is basically telling the state of new jersey to "pardon her back" lol.... come on man. Just goes to show new jersey has no identity whatsoever let alone hudson county
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Location: NJ
12,284 posts, read 30,935,086 times
Reputation: 5190
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I'm hoping we can stay civil here.

This is a comparison between Bronx Count and Hudson County (And no, the statue doesn't represent just NYC, let alone the Bronx)- Hudson county offers ferry rides to both Liberty and Ellis islands, and it offers better views- Bronx County doesn't offer any of that, so why would I post the backside of lady liberty taken from JC it to represent "The Bronx? Whether or not the Statue is NYC's property, it's still a tourist attraction in Jersey City (Hudson County).
don't count on it, LOL
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Queens, NY
654 posts, read 1,101,963 times
Reputation: 386
Here we go, the statue of Liberty is in New York Harbor, it is both a NY & NJ attraction and it technically is in Jersey waters. Even if it wasn't I'd still sooner associate it with Hudson County because it's right there, you can't even see it from The Bronx.

However I do half-agree with KONY about The Bronx's "stigma" deterring people but that doesn't automatically mean it's better than Hudson County. I choose Hudson.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 02:53 PM
 
Location: St Paul, MN - NJ's Gold Coast
5,256 posts, read 11,595,546 times
Reputation: 3072
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
You posted a picture of the statue of liberty like its associated with hudson county. Does hudson county have nothing better of its own to post. The statue of liberty is a nyc attraction ,a city in which the bronx is in, saying anything else is completely delusional

The statue of liberty is basically telling the state of new jersey to "pardon her back" lol.... come on man. Just goes to show new jersey has no identity whatsoever let alone hudson county

I'm only going to say this once.

You can take a ferry ride from Liberty State Park OR Battery Park- Now, are you going to b*tch about JC being closer? Does NYC have a STATE PARK dedicated to the NATIONAL symbol? Are you saying the Statue of Liberty only represents liberty and freedom for NYC? No, it represents the Liberty and Freedom of this COOUNTRY.

Are you expecting NJ to dismiss such a significance so close to home? Before there was a statue on it, IT WAS AN ISLAND IN NEW JERSEY.

But according to your logic, The statue represents "The Bronx" more than "Hudson County"

Are Jersey City residents going to act like they don't have the better views of the statue than the people in NYC?

Are you that close minded to act like the lady liberty doesn't represent America, and that ONLY NYC can appreciate what it represents? Get the hell out of here! You're a part of the stigma you speak of.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-27-2010, 03:06 PM
 
Location: THE THRONE aka-New York City
3,012 posts, read 5,170,257 times
Reputation: 1143
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
I'm only going to say this once.

You can take a ferry ride from Liberty State Park OR Battery Park- Now, are you going to b*tch and spew your ignorance about JC's location for being closer? Does NYC have a STATE PARK dedicated to the NATIONAL symbol? Are you saying the Statue of Liberty only represents liberty and freedom for NYC? No, it represents the Liberty and Freedom of this COOUNTRY.

Are you expecting NJ to dismiss such a significance so close to home? Before there was a statue on it, IT WAS AN ISLAND IN NEW JERSEY.

But according to your logic, The statue represents "The Bronx" more than "Hudson County"

Are Jersey City residents going to act like they don't have the better views of the statue than the people in NYC?

Are you that close minded to act like the lady liberty doesn't represent America, and that ONLY NYC can appreciate what it represents? Get the hell out of here! You're a part of the stigma in the Bronx.

Lets step out of the virtual reality of city data and step into the real world. Anybody and everybody on this planet associates The statue of liberty with new york city(the bronx,brooklyn,manhattan,queens,staten island) Not New Jersey.

The statue of liberty is telling the state of new jersey to pardon her back. LMAO what part are you not understanding. People in JC having a better view of her back is not the freaking point. They might have a better view than someone in Times Square or someone in flushing at the end of the day its a nyc staple. To use it against the bronx(nyc) in this thread is blasphemy

New jerseyans need to go to their "Walmarts" and buy some indentity. I heard they sell everything in their. Say what u want about the bronx (poor county,1970s,fort Apache) but atleast we have that. You arguing with me about the Statue of Liberty says everything. The fact that your states two biggest teams dont even carry the state they plays in name. Just puts the stamp on it
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top