Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 06:18 PM

27 posts, read 76,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
End result: Self imposed Segregation, makes it acceptable.
I don't think it's self imposed. It's more or less economically based...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2012, 09:32 PM

5,542 posts, read 9,434,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
But not in Beverly Hills? The only time Ive had any issues was in a bar in Vegas that was almost all BM/WF couples with a sprinkling of singles. Being the only white guy with a black date I got one rude comment and a stare down from one of the guys there. Funny thing was, he had a white date. Wasn't anything major though. I'm sure if I was in another city it could have been rougher.
More power to ya, Big Dog.

I'm an old man now, but back in the day I dated some lovely ladies that were African American. I enjoyed 'em very much in every way. I think they enjoyed me quite a bit too.

Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 AM

130 posts, read 385,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Women 4 White Men View Post
Personally, San Diego is very interracially friendly.
I gotta disagree. I lived in San Diego for over 10 years. I'm in a BF/WM relationship. When my boyfriend and I met (he's from Denver), we noticed all the stares, gasps, and looks of disgust on my people's faces,(from mainly WW), when we'd go out in public together. Eventually, when we wanted to go out, we'd go up to Los Angeles where people have better things to do with their time. This is the main reason why we left San Diego - to live our lives in peace. The last straw for me was when my boyfriend and my then 10 year old daughter went to the store together. My daughter came home in tears because a lady in the store was staring at her and said the "N-lover" slur loud enough so she could hear it (my boyfriend is partially deaf, so he did not hear it).

Denver and Las Vegas are great places for IR couples - also Seattle and MPLS. I would NEVER recommend San Diego to anyone. It is racially diverse, but very segregated and people seem to rely on stereotypes, rather than getting to know someone individually. I could give you many examples and I could go on for days about that place...I felt like I spent most of my 10 years there dispelling myths and stereotypes rather than actually living my life! I hope to never step foot on their soil again.

I know many people who are in IR that live in San Diego, but how they are received and treated by the masses there? That is another story.

Last edited by queenvic; 07-05-2012 at 10:21 AM..

Old 07-19-2012, 04:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,321 times
I am a black woman and NYC is the worst for interracial relationships , Black people in particular will taunt and make rude comments. And, because I am "pretty" they become more agitated. I lived moved to Miami , way better down there for interracial couples although I was called out there a few times too This is so sad, that people are still wasting energy on being racist!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:33 PM

5 posts, read 11,045 times
New York and Las Vegas. based on my experiences

Old 07-19-2012, 05:22 PM

10,263 posts, read 12,452,673 times
Minneapolis seems a good city for IR.it seems also an exception in Midwest.Why ?

Old 07-20-2012, 06:16 PM

1,030 posts, read 1,266,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by french paris View Post
I know that is a minority but which city has most BW/WM ?

Thanks.Phil
NOLA could be the most interesting racial melting pot/salad bowl I've seen.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:50 PM

3,247 posts, read 9,010,844 times
NOLA is the interracial city

Old 07-21-2012, 05:05 AM

573 posts, read 1,044,637 times
Who cares

Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,326,598 times
funny thing is 99 percent of the time when i see a black women with a white male in new york city its mainly a couple that is rich or successful.

im a black male raised in a white neighborhood and my sister grew up loving white boys and had a italian boyfriend so i have seen this myself through family alone.

i actually started liking white women before liking black women only because i was raised around whites and thats what i was used to.

but now i love all girls i see no color at all just as long as your pretty with a booty im all for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City