Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Cincinnati vs. Atlanta
Cincinnati 48 36.36%
Atlanta 84 63.64%
Voters: 132. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:55 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,833 times

Advertisements

I pick ATL but i really enjoy Cincy!!

Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
Architecturally, Cincinnati is far superior to Atlanta imo

Economy wise, they are both prosperous but Atlanta's growth has been quicker in recent years

Atlanta has far superior transit

Cincinnati has a far superior natural landscape

Old 10-01-2010, 01:11 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Architecturally, Cincinnati is far superior to Atlanta imo

Economy wise, they are both prosperous but Atlanta's growth has been quicker in recent years

Atlanta has far superior transit

Cincinnati has a far superior natural landscape
Boy. Talk about your subjective standards. When I lived in Ohio first thing came to my mind when I got to Georgia was how much more attractive the landscape was compared to Ohio. The only thing that appealed to me about Cincinnati was the River and the hills surrounding it were kind of nice.

Atlanta is in a lush forest with a big River, lots of hills, Mountains not far away. Maybe you have skyline confused with natural landscape. Or maybe you just love the Ohio River that much?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:24 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Boy. Talk about your subjective standards. When I lived in Ohio first thing came to my mind when I got to Georgia was how much more attractive the landscape was compared to Ohio. The only thing that appealed to me about Cincinnati was the River and the hills surrounding it were kind of nice.

Atlanta is in a lush forest with a big River, lots of hills, Mountains not far away. Maybe you have skyline confused with natural landscape. Or maybe you just love the Ohio River that much?
I think he was referring to Cincinnati specifically, not the rest of Ohio. Obviously, Atlanta would be more hilly than Toledo, but not so much Cincinnati.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:34 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,435,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I think he was referring to Cincinnati specifically, not the rest of Ohio. Obviously, Atlanta would be more hilly than Toledo, but not so much Cincinnati.
I know. But I still don't get it. The view along the river can be really spectacular with the bridges and skyline and stadium but once you venture from the River the town's natural landscape is not that great looking in comparison to most of Atlanta. But of course that's just my opinion.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:38 PM

436 posts, read 951,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
Boy. Talk about your subjective standards. When I lived in Ohio first thing came to my mind when I got to Georgia was how much more attractive the landscape was compared to Ohio.
Depends where you are in Georgia and Ohio. Vast areas of Ohio are flat glacial till, and greater areas of Georgia are coastal plain. That is, both states have large areas that are board flat. Southern Ohio is very hilly, as is the Piedmont.

Cincinnati sits on a rise called the Cincinnati Arch, an ancient uplift which extended, by some accounts, to where Atlanta is now and made early life possible on the North American continent.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:20 PM

531 posts, read 1,143,285 times
i was simply stating how, from a young age, were inadvertently (at least I hope it's not intentional) taught to look down on the south; and unfortunately its hard to shed this way of thinking, even once your old enough to know that they are nothing more than stereotypes.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:14 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,913,735 times
A little known fact about Cincinnati is that it has a subway that was under construction when the Depression hit and was never completed. The tunnels, stations and platforms still exist under the downtown streets, however, but have been sealed off for years. Goggle CINCINNATI SUBWAY.

Last edited by Newsboy; 10-01-2010 at 06:28 PM..

Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RestonRunner86 View Post
There you go.
So...it's not true that the two cities have been headed in opposite directions in terms of population growth and development?

How many times do I have to say that I love Cincy, but it's just not a fair comparison with a city double it's size...some people just don't pay attention. I certainly wasn't disparaging your city - just stating the obvious. But keep arguing if you feel the need.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:07 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,801,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ive8ight5ive View Post
Yeah, that's very true. In my opinion, Houston and Charlotte seem the most promising in the south.
I can't imagine either of those cities being "more promising" on the subject of public transit than Atlanta. Just based on the size and scope of MARTA in Atlanta I would imagine it to be much more promising than the tiny systems in Charlotte and Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City