Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: what you like better
Atlanta area 45 33.83%
NYC 84 63.16%
Neither 4 3.01%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 05:05 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuddedLeather View Post
NYC definitely.
Of course I was going to vote for my hometown but I can because I have facts.

I went to school in ATL and it was probably the worst time of my life. Went to Lithonia High and it was mad wack. As soon as I graduated I left because I couldn't take the slowness of it all.
The truth is no matter where we live it will never compare to where we're from. I was born and raised in NYC so when I moved It was all I knew.

Lastly after traveling to ATL, LA, VA etc I realize their isn't another NYC In America and I couldn't see myself ever leaving here or living somewhere else.

I think David Letterman put it best when he said after touring the U.S. "I realized It's not that the rest of America is slow. It's just they aren't insanely obsessed with doing everything really fast like New Yorkers."

And Lithonia is a lot slower and more boring than the city of Atlanta.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 PM

492 posts, read 1,027,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
Ok Brittany
There is much to be jealous of NY about, name 5 things ATL has that NY does not. Just 5.
I get it, youre obviously venting and trying to downgrade NY subways to boost your pathetic system when in reality youre prolonging your jealousy for our vastly superior transit.
I get it you obviously have inferiority issues and cannot handle that 8.5 million choose to live in these small boxes just to enjoy amenities of the greatest city the world has to offer, most in NY only come home to eat and sleep, most spend much of day as outdoors as possible. Home does not matter much to many in NY. Personally I live in suburbs area, you know NY has that also for those that do not like crammed city living. In fact most prefer that over inside city. 22 million in NY metro and only 8.5 million in city do math.
Err wrong, let us look at population given we have as much space as Greater LA metro we will have 45,000,000 people in 33,000 square miles. That is more than 15% of US population meaning more than 1.5 out of 10people in US live in immediate proximity of NY. How cool is that when most live immediate to the greatest city in country?
Yes because our city is important, it has significant value for "terrorists" to even notice it and we are at the top of world security, we are safest big city in country and most protected big city, please subsidize your jealousy for NY its vastly disturbing.
LOL @ this statement. I think its cute that you ATLers are trying to be so pushy about NY's flaws.
then do it. I dont see why people on site hold back to problems in city. I clearly already stated the vast majority of problems in ATL, instead of sitting there PMSing with your inferiority complex do it. say problems NY has that is point of thread and discussion.

again this is not trolling. I want to see why many prefer ATL over NY. I think posters like afonega who spent ridiculous amount of time to talk about why he loves his city, I can respect poster like that, but posters like you shoving inferiority complexes are not respectable.
Okay, forget the whole NYC vs. ATL thing for a minute .....

but are people really serious when they post stuff like this?
Do people really take this city stuff that serious. Does it really mean that much to yall? I would love to meet you people who do so. I would just love to see what youre like as an individual in real life.
Honestly, anybody who feels superior to anyone else because of the city they live in has ISSUES. PERIOD.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:21 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post

Do people really take this city stuff that serious. Does it really mean that much to yall? I would love to meet you people who do so. I would just love to see what youre like as an individual in real life.
Honestly, anybody who feels superior to anyone else because of the city they live in has ISSUES. PERIOD.
Don't worry about Ghost. It wouldn't be a debate with New York if a couple of posters didn't try to inform you of how you should want to "kill yo self" for not having the privilege of living in their grand city. It's really funny to me Kind of like when the super villain like Doctor Doom or who ever tells the good guy "How dare you challenge me. YOu FOOL!" I get a kick out of it and like to egg them on with it.

Actually New Yorkers aren't as bad an arrogant as Philly folk believe it or not. It's even funnier when you meet one in real life.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:08 PM

468 posts, read 790,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
Ok Brittany
There is much to be jealous of NY about, name 5 things ATL has that NY does not. Just 5.
I get it, youre obviously venting and trying to downgrade NY subways to boost your pathetic system when in reality youre prolonging your jealousy for our vastly superior transit.
I get it you obviously have inferiority issues and cannot handle that 8.5 million choose to live in these small boxes just to enjoy amenities of the greatest city the world has to offer, most in NY only come home to eat and sleep, most spend much of day as outdoors as possible. Home does not matter much to many in NY. Personally I live in suburbs area, you know NY has that also for those that do not like crammed city living. In fact most prefer that over inside city. 22 million in NY metro and only 8.5 million in city do math.
Err wrong, let us look at population given we have as much space as Greater LA metro we will have 45,000,000 people in 33,000 square miles. That is more than 15% of US population meaning more than 1.5 out of 10 people in US live in immediate proximity of NY. How cool is that when most live immediate to the greatest city in country?
Yes because our city is important, it has significant value for "terrorists" to even notice it and we are at the top of world security, we are safest big city in country and most protected big city, please subsidize your jealousy for NY its vastly disturbing.
LOL @ this statement. I think its cute that you ATLers are trying to be so pushy about NY's flaws.
then do it. I dont see why people on site hold back to problems in city. I clearly already stated the vast majority of problems in ATL, instead of sitting there PMSing with your inferiority complex do it. say problems NY has that is point of thread and discussion.

again this is not trolling. I want to see why many prefer ATL over NY. I think posters like afonega who spent ridiculous amount of time to talk about why he loves his city, I can respect poster like that, but posters like you shoving inferiority complexes are not respectable.

There is a healthy way for someone to show pride and joy for a place they live in but you seem to show it in a very unhealthy, obsessive way, Its sad to see how you validate your entire life and self-esteem on the place you live in and trying to shove that nasty arrogance in everyone's face on city-data. Insulting the millions/billions of people that live elsewhere and insulting every other place in the world that isnt the NYC metro area. I dont understand people as bigoted as you are about a location. When I see attitudes like yours it sort of takes some of my like for that place away and discourages it. Your post are offensive annoying and very arrogant.. Im so glad to know that every NYer that I run into doesnt have the personality of a sewage rat like you do.. You have that same complex of quote "Only in New York" mentality.. Thats actually just a defense mechanism used to convince yourself that seeing a naked man take a **** on a park bench is somehow endearing, or part of some shared cultural experience. I dont know why you insist on going down the route that you are going, wait maybe its living in a dingy, grime-caked apartment while exhaust fumes from an idling truck seep through your bedroom window thats causing you to be so mean to a part region in this country that has completely down nothing to you...So many people feel required to love New York; it’s like a brainwashing mantra thrown at you from adverts in the subway. I like New York City. It is a place of dreams while it is also a place of nightmares. It is a city where powerful architecture shoots up alongside run-down and decrepit buildings. It is also a city of millions of people cramped in a small space. So there is plenty to love and plenty to hate just like every region in the USA. In NYC there is so many people, so much congestion, so much anxiety and pressure living in a city driven by the need to succeed and the desire for recognition…it makes me crazy. To live there is to be stressed.

I dont give a crap about the most powerful this and the most powerful that. NYC has this and that.. I gave my personally reason why I prefer Atlanta over NYC.. You attacked people when they gave reason why. So please back down and you show a lil more respect for people and the region they live in and stop trying to make everything about NYC..

Old 10-03-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post

Hello

Old 10-03-2010, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galounger View Post
I think David Letterman put it best when he said after touring the U.S. "I realized It's not that the rest of America is slow. It's just they aren't insanely obsessed with doing everything really fast like New Yorkers."

And Lithonia is a lot slower and more boring than the city of Atlanta.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:29 PM

3,003 posts, read 6,092,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
GOB, does Atlanta have a peer anywhere close by in its region? Think about it, if NY was knocked off of its feet like ATL, would it recover quickly to be better than it was previously (this would be a good topic). I could go on and on about history but the thing is: ATL shouldn't even be at this level...so quick but they are and it can get better if they choose.
Any attempts to belittle nycs subway is ridiculous. It is insanely superior to any in America. More people ride it everday than all other cities in America combined. One borough has better transportation and more stations and rail mileage than alot of big cities. Of course its going to be dirty,of course its going to have some setbacks-There actually isnt that much urine to be found in the system,trash i'll give you but not urine. But NYC transit is a topic best left alone by atlantans. Nyc transit competes on a different level

Does atl have a peer in the south- Maybe miami

If ny was knocked off its feet- This has got to be a joke. New york probably has been knocked off its feet more times than any other city. NY could have went the way of detroit decades ago. Nyc is a city that has overcame some serious serious problems

Atl shouldnt even be on this level?-Nyc maybe the greatest city in the world. Its competition(london,tokyo,paris etc) are global cities thousands/hundreds of years older than it. On paper,It shouldnt be anywhere close to that

Old 10-03-2010, 07:31 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRedd View Post
thank u. we rap with Lux, MurdA Mook n them
got nothing on hollow da dadada don tho.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
Any attempts to belittle nycs subway is ridiculous. It is insanely superior to any in America. More people ride it everday than all other cities in America combined. One borough has better transportation and more stations and rail mileage than alot of big cities. Of course its going to be dirty,of course its going to have some setbacks-There actually isnt that much urine to be found in the system,trash i'll give you but not urine. But NYC transit is a topic best left alone by atlantans. Nyc transit competes on a different level

Does atl have a peer in the south- Maybe miami

If ny was knocked off its feet- This has got to be a joke. New york probably has been knocked off its feet more times than any other city. NY could have went the way of detroit decades ago. Nyc is a city that has overcame some serious serious problems

Atl shouldnt even be on this level?-Nyc maybe the greatest city in the world. Its competition(london,tokyo,paris etc) are global cities thousands/hundreds of years older than it. On paper,It shouldnt be anywhere close to that

Why is London and Tokyo systems large also but yet way more cleaner? KONY seriously the only reason people are even attacking NYC is because some of you guys sit on here and belittle other cities for not being NYC we are basically playing tit for tat.. when are we all going to have some respect for each others regions.. There are pros and cons to every city

Old 10-03-2010, 07:37 PM
eek

3,574 posts, read 7,734,977 times
because neither are 24 hours like it is in nyc. next?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City