U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ATL or NYC or MIA or SEATTLE or CALIF or DC
Miami 1 7.14%
Atlanta 5 35.71%
New York 1 7.14%
Seattle 4 28.57%
California: LA, SF, Sacr..... etc 1 7.14%
D.C. 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 04:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,702 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I'm glad to have found such an interesting and informational site, and excited to read the replies to my first post. A little background, I'm 20 yrs. old, from Jacksonville, FL, attending Jacksonville University, majoring in Economics (GPA: 3.9). I'm graduating early next winter. My plans after undergrad are to attend law school. I'm keeping an open mind to the type of law I want to go in however, my interest include enviro and bus law. The reason for all of the locations is because it's time to move out of Jax and hopefully on to a major city. I am aware that my location depends on what school accepts me, however, feedback about different places would allow me to concentrate on the schools of a specific, desired location. Below are my impressions on each location I've visited thus far.

Just visited NYC, staying in the Bronx. It was really awesome but needed more than an extended weekend to learn more about the city. It was amazing to be in a place where the world is at your doorstep!

Went to Atl recently and it seemed decent, but because my visit was strictly school related, all I can attest to is the interstate.

Miami seemed cool upon my visit a few years ago and is #1 right now bc of in state tuition.

D.C. was ok, Its been about 9 yrs since my visit so I don't remember much about it and would assume things have changed.

Seattle/Calif: Never been. What Cali city is comparable to this group?

1. I've read quite a few posts on each location on citydata forums but thought it would be more appropriate/helpful if my own situation was considered vs someone else's. Overall, I'm looking for a place to continue my education and start my life. Kids are not a concern, nor will they be. Yes the COL of NY is high but what about living in one of the outer burrows, maybe even Long Island? Wouldn't that be much cheaper than living in the city?

2. Based on all of the above, what are your thoughts?

3. Which of these places might be considered the most well rounded meaning a nice blend of big city life, walkability/ease of transportation, salaries compared to costs, weather, becoming successful, and overall amenities.

4. Which location would you choose and why?

5. What about leaving the states as a whole?

Thanks in advance for your responses and if there are any questions, I will promptly answer them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or