Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city has the best night life?
Miami 12 16.00%
New York 35 46.67%
Las Vegas 14 18.67%
New Orleans 14 18.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 10:48 AM

413 posts, read 819,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by giantsfan11490 View Post
OMG WHO CARES. you go to miami for a trashy weekend.

new york is all about class and elegance.
(i mean you have the trashy bars...but there are so many nice places they dont even matter)

you are SO much more likely to see famous, classy people in new york. ACTUALLY, you are more likely to see them in new york than ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. the only other place that would even dare to compare would be LA.
so stop hyping miami up like its some world class city with its racist bouncers and trashy clubgoers. no one cares.
FACT: new york is better.

but anyway, my list is - new york, las vegas, miami, new orleans BTW
I wonder why European footballers go to Miami, not NY when they want to party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2010, 10:52 AM

179 posts, read 402,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy_Fin_Guy View Post
I wonder why European footballers go to Miami, not NY when they want to party.
IDGAF. everyone else who matters goes to new york.
actually strike that, half of those people live there anyway.
and im sure they go to NY when they want to party as well. c.ronaldo does not exclusively vacation in miami.......

Old 10-07-2010, 11:12 AM

Quote:
and im sure they go to NY when they want to party as well. c.ronaldo does not exclusively vacation in miami.......
Yes, but Miami has the beach, the palms, the warm ocean, the latin flavor, etc

Old 10-07-2010, 02:21 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
are you kidding. that is the BIGGEST generalization i've ever heard. half of those asian tourists probably have more money than you will ever dream of having. asia is a big deal now and the people over there are getting wealthier by the minute.

and stop making it seem like miami is so classy.
jersey shore is being filmed there. that says ALOT about the city.

and for your information, a $15 drink is NO BIG DEAL in new york. for an average club/bar, try $18.
and for a table, try $1000.
let's not fool ourselves into pretending that miami is more expensive/more glamorous than new york.

new york clubs/bars are SO much more exclusive.

here would be a good analogy:
you'd see celebrities that really no one cares about, e.g. tila tequila, partying it up at some club in miami.
but you'd see ryan reynolds or say lady gaga at a club in new york.
don't even try to compare the two.
it's like comparing hersheys to godiva.
The people from Jersey Shore are from NJ, NY, RI, etc. Sooo....

Old 10-07-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
OMG WHO CARES. you go to miami for a trashy weekend.

new york is all about class and elegance.
(i mean you have the trashy bars...but there are so many nice places they dont even matter)

you are SO much more likely to see famous, classy people in new york. ACTUALLY, you are more likely to see them in new york than ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD. the only other place that would even dare to compare would be LA.
so stop hyping miami up like its some world class city with its racist bouncers and trashy clubgoers. no one cares.
FACT: new york is better.

but anyway, my list is - new york, las vegas, miami, new orleans BTW
But Miami is a world class city. It has a ranking. It's ranked 33 in the world: Metropolis Now - An FP Photo Essay | Foreign Policy

Old 10-07-2010, 02:32 PM

Quote:
But to be fair, New Yorkers also go to Miami to party all the time. Especially Diddy(not that it matters much). He's always doing something in Miami. But yeah. Miami is always filled with New Yorkers. It's funny how they complain about how it's not NYC, but they always seem to make there way back down there.

Old 10-07-2010, 02:33 PM

74 posts, read 233,424 times
Las Vegas

Old 10-07-2010, 02:49 PM

179 posts, read 402,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
The people from Jersey Shore are from NJ, NY, RI, etc. Sooo....
But that's not the image you think of when you think of New York City. People think of Wall St., 5th Ave, money, fashion...
However, ask most people what they think when they hear Miami. People think of trashy partying, beaches, and crime...

Quote:
But Miami is a world class city. It has a ranking. It's ranked 33 in the world: Metropolis Now - An FP Photo Essay | Foreign Policy
New York is ranked 1st.....I meant relative to New York. Sure Miami is a world class city. New York just exemplifies it so much more/better.

Quote:
But to be fair, New Yorkers also go to Miami to party all the time. Especially Diddy(not that it matters much). He's always doing something in Miami. But yeah. Miami is always filled with New Yorkers. It's funny how they complain about how it's not NYC, but they always seem to make there way back down there.
But when it comes down to it, they live in New York. Miami is nice for a weekend. But when you're picking the place where you are spending 95% of your time based on the environment, the nightlife, the people etc., a majority would choose New York.

I would say the weather is obviously a plus for Miami though.

P.S. Check this out.
http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2009/category/nightlife (broken link)

It places New York 3rd behind New Orleans & Austin???
But anyway, it's ahead of Miami, which is 6th

Last edited by giantsfan11490; 10-07-2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old 10-07-2010, 05:42 PM

Quote:
But that's not the image you think of when you think of New York City. People think of Wall St., 5th Ave, money, fashion...
However, ask most people what they think when they hear Miami. People think of trashy partying, beaches, and crime...

New York is ranked 1st.....I meant relative to New York. Sure Miami is a world class city. New York just exemplifies it so much more/better.

But when it comes down to it, they live in New York. Miami is nice for a weekend. But when you're picking the place where you are spending 95% of your time based on the environment, the nightlife, the people etc., a majority would choose New York.

I would say the weather is obviously a plus for Miami though.

P.S. Check this out.
2009 America's Favorite City - Categories - Nightlife - Travel + Leisure (http://www.travelandleisure.com/afc/2009/category/nightlife - broken link)

It places New York 3rd behind New Orleans & Austin???
But anyway, it's ahead of Miami, which is 6th
Funny cause neither NOLA nor Austin have decent clubs. Having lived in Austin, it amazes me how overrated the city is.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:02 PM

4,836 posts, read 12,005,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
Miami clubs are OK, but they are nowhere in the league of NYC and Las Vegas which are the best night spots in America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJPhilliesPhan View Post
I disagree, the vibe in those Miami Beach clubs is not the same. NYC and Las Vegas are in a different global class. Miami beach clubs are similar to the clubs in Atlantic City.
You have NO idea what you are talking about. Miami has WORLD famous nightlife. I been to clubs all over the world. The only city that I have been to with a nightlife that is like MIami is Barcelona. Please, NYC and Vegas wish there clubs were known around the world like Miami's are. For Nightclubs (not overall nightlife) Miami is on a league of its own in the US.
Atlantic City? Are you crazy. You been watching too much Jersey Shore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City