Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 10:55 AM

70 posts, read 86,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
They don't:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/urban...-consider.html

It is just a few on here who use the density nonsense to put down cities like Houston, Phoenix and Atlanta.

90% would prefer their own backyard in those very north eastern cities if they could afford it, but since they can't they get all jealous and turn it into a bad thing.
This really makes no sense.

If they wanted all that, they could easily move down South which is dirt cheap compared to the Northeast. Also, most of the Northeast isn't super-dense. I could easily move to more suburban and rural looking NE burbs outside of the cities, which tops any of those gross sprawling cities i.e... Connecticut, Westchester, etc. in looks, amenities, demographics, proximity to the center of the world, etc.

I don't want a backyard. I lived in a 8,000 sq ft house with a sprawling back yard for the latter part of my childhood and I probably went into that back yard about 5 times total (I think it was to take out the trash...I never just went to the back yard to hang out). What is the point of a back yard ? I honestly don't understand the purpose it serves.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post

If they wanted all that, they could easily move down South which is dirt cheap compared to the Northeast. Also, most of the Northeast isn't super-dense. I could easily move to more suburban and rural looking NE burbs outside of the cities, which tops any of those gross sprawling cities i.e... Connecticut, Westchester, etc. in looks, amenities, demographics, proximity to the center of the world, etc.

I don't want a backyard. I lived in a 8,000 sq ft house with a sprawling back yard for the latter part of my childhood and I probably went into that back yard about 5 times total (I think it was to take out the trash...I never just went to the back yard to hang out). What is the point of a back yard ? I honestly don't understand the purpose it serves.
How does one suburb top another? Those suburbs up North are only suburbs.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM

18,495 posts, read 32,943,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Hey, be careful, people might get mad and flip on you for saying that.
people flip on me on here all the time. I am used to it, I don't care

Old 10-10-2010, 11:03 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:

I agree. I don't care to have a backyard either. the back of the house is only meant to put the trash back there and have it picked up. If I do have a backyard, it will be as small as possible just for a dog to run in. But that's it.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 AM

5,251 posts, read 13,814,516 times
This thread has gone to straight pointlessness.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:04 AM

Quote:

Its okay if you don't understand how a backyard works, millions of people have figured it out, and maybe one day you will get it too don't fret

Old 10-10-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
This thread has gone to straight pointlessness.
when was it not pointless?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Its okay if you don't understand how a backyard works, millions of people have figured it out, and maybe one day you will get it too don't fret
Only poor/fat Luddites care about backyards.

Such an outdated concept.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Only poor/fat Luddites care about backyards.

Such an outdated concept.
oh wow, Backyards are now outdated? y'all have really lost touch with reality

Old 10-10-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
oh wow, Backyards are now outdated? y'all have really lost touch with reality
So what exactly is the point of a back yard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City