U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city is the capital of Black America in your opinion?
NYC Area 28 4.82%
Phil 7 1.20%
DC 70 12.05%
Atlanta 324 55.77%
Memphis 4 0.69%
New ORleans 18 3.10%
Houston 14 2.41%
Seattle 7 1.20%
Chicago 19 3.27%
Detroit 42 7.23%
Other (include in your reply) 6 1.03%
There is none. 42 7.23%
Voters: 581. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 07:13 PM

6,839 posts, read 6,626,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
lol I left you alone but I see you like to keep.things going... Jordan is a miserable new yorker who's self worth is based the, status of a city.. You can't keep your finger tips from typing my name... He gets on the internet to tell us new york is better because we have bigger populations etc.. Living in a, so called great city but yet he is sitting at home feasting at this, website..
no you did not leave me alone. i know your tactics when people catch up to your nonsense you just ignore the thread.

Even Chicago posters call you a "mere troll" enough said. If our rival city data city claims your a troll then its really a problem. Carry on.

o btw everyone i never made those comments. So lets carry on black capitols Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 07:27 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,329,059 times
Should've brought my tissue into this thread because it's nothing but non-stop diarrhea.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:36 PM

3,559 posts, read 4,430,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Should've brought my tissue into this thread because it's nothing but non-stop diarrhea.
or some pampers

Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 PM

1,667 posts, read 1,451,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordandubreil View Post
no you did not leave me alone. i know your tactics when people catch up to your nonsense you just ignore the thread.

Even Chicago posters call you a "mere troll" enough said. If our rival city data city claims your a troll then its really a problem. Carry on.

o btw everyone i never made those comments. So lets carry on black capitols Thank you.

Such a wash.... putting you on ignore so I won't have to see your post.... tired queen...

Anyway... Atlanta in my eyes is the black capital as of now

Old 11-17-2010, 07:47 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,425,891 times
*grin*

Old 11-17-2010, 07:49 PM

6,839 posts, read 6,626,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
Such a wash.... putting you on ignore so I won't have to see your post.... tired queen...

Anyway... Atlanta in my eyes is the black capital as of now
yea as i thought. sucks to know that your hate isn't taken serious. YAWN

Old 11-19-2010, 07:19 AM

8,040 posts, read 7,132,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
You ATLiens always come out and say that I'm bitter because Alabama isn't like Atlanta. That's so not true and looking at the problems Atlanta has, I wouldn't want to wish that on any state or city.
umm..you ...mean like Birmingham whos mayor got put in jail?Seem like Birmingham really does want to be like Atlanta!

Old 11-19-2010, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Not for real, because outside of Atlanta, Georgia is on the same level as the other states you've listed.
WRONG!FAIL!!

Dalton,Georgia-Carpet Capitol of the World.2 of the largest carpet companies are headquartered there.
Quote:
Dalton is often referred to as the "Carpet Capital of the World", home to 150+ carpet plants. The industry employs more than 30,000 people in the Whitfield County area.[8] More than 90% of the functional carpet produced in the world today is made within a 65-mile radius of the city
Columbus MSA 292,795 -AFLAC,Carmike Cinemas,TSYS are just some of the Forturne ranked companies.Not to mention the School of the America and the U.S.Infantry headquarters at the 35,000 and growing Fort Benning.

Savannah MSA 343,092 - gets over 11million tourist a year.Miami gets 38million ,Atlanta 35m and Houston 31m for comparison sake.What cities the size or even larger than Savannah can make that claim other than Charleston?(Of course cities like Nashville and Memphis might be exceptions.)
Oh and the nation 4th largest and fastest growing port

Augusta MSA 539,154 -Home of the Masters,booming job market,Fort Gordon,the new NSA,The Medical College of Georgia.Also several regional operational headquarters for companies.Augusta is constantly ranked in several polls that indicate growth.

Quote:
The Medical College of Georgia, the state's only public health sciences graduate university, employs over 7,000 people. Along with University Hospital, the Medical District of Augusta employs over 25,000 people and has an economic impact of over $1.8 billion
Macon Warner Robins CSA 231,576-Robins AFB has the worldwide Headquarters for the Air Force Reserve,JSTARS and the Air Force Materiel Command Center.30,000 people are employed here.

Sorry but there are few states that have a many huge military installations,ports and huge sectors that employ so many people and also sereve as a vehicle for growth of those cities as well.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:52 PM

8,190 posts, read 6,200,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
WRONG!FAIL!!

Dalton,Georgia-Carpet Capitol of the World.2 of the largest carpet companies are headquartered there.

Columbus MSA 292,795 -AFLAC,Carmike Cinemas,TSYS are just some of the Forturne ranked companies.Not to mention the School of the America and the U.S.Infantry headquarters at the 35,000 and growing Fort Benning.

Savannah MSA 343,092 - gets over 11million tourist a year.Miami gets 38million ,Atlanta 35m and Houston 31m for comparison sake.What cities the size or even larger than Savannah can make that claim other than Charleston?(Of course cities like Nashville and Memphis might be exceptions.)
Oh and the nation 4th largest and fastest growing port

Augusta MSA 539,154 -Home of the Masters,booming job market,Fort Gordon,the new NSA,The Medical College of Georgia.Also several regional operational headquarters for companies.Augusta is constantly ranked in several polls that indicate growth.

Macon Warner Robins CSA 231,576-Robins AFB has the worldwide Headquarters for the Air Force Reserve,JSTARS and the Air Force Materiel Command Center.30,000 people are employed here.

Sorry but there are few states that have a many huge military installations,ports and huge sectors that employ so many people and also sereve as a vehicle for growth of those cities as well.
I'm no fan of A&M Bulldawg's rants at all, but I actually think he's right when he says "outside of Atlanta, Georgia is on the same level as the other states you've listed." You can easily demonstrate this with some metrics. Georgia's GDP minus metro Atlanta comes to $131.6 billion (2008 figures). Alabama's is $171.7 billion, SC's is $160.8 billion, and Mississippi's is $96.3 billion. Population figures would also be similar for Georgia (minus Atlanta) and those other states as well.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhenaton06 View Post
I'm no fan of A&M Bulldawg's rants at all, but I actually think he's right when he says "outside of Atlanta, Georgia is on the same level as the other states you've listed." You can easily demonstrate this with some metrics. Georgia's GDP minus metro Atlanta comes to $131.6 billion (2008 figures). Alabama's is $171.7 billion, SC's is $160.8 billion, and Mississippi's is $96.3 billion. Population figures would also be similar for Georgia (minus Atlanta) and those other states as well.
Well I see it this way:
GDP has a lot to with size.If you take Atlanta away as most would agree,Georgia's cities are a little smaller overall than those in the other states.Philly has a higher GDP but its usually ranked lower than Atlanta in many studies on Global prominence
If you take Georgia biggest city away then you have to take each of those states biggest city.Thats fair.I mean really its like fighting with one arm tied behind the back!
Take B-Ham from AL
Take N.O,from LA
Take Jackson from MS
Columbia from S.C.

North Carolina would probably be neck and neck or just ahead.

Also we have debated the issue of GDP as should it be the sole factor in how well a place stacks up/Its also more about the growth rates.What about incomes?Educational attainment?Home ownership?Poverty rates?

Example:

Augusta ,GA Mobile Jackson Columbia
Med.Income $45.372 45,217 $36,003 $39,589
Poverty Rates 16.8% 21.3% 23.5% 22.1%
Home ownership 69.9% 68.9% 69.9% 70.2%
BS Degree M22.0%F19.0 20/18% 27/26 26/28%
H.S w/o Diploma m21.%f22% 24/23 21/19 19/17

Columbus GA
Med.Income $41,244
Poverty Rates 16.7%
Home ownership 59.9%
BS Degree m20/17f
H.S w/o Diploma m22/25f

I know this is a small sample and I looking again for that info but even without Atlanta and those other states biggest cities GA leads.I admit it may not be by leaps and bounds,but it is a noticeable difference.
The poverty is especially noticeable in the difference in each state.The number back it too.Even the roads seem worse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City