Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 09:40 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,183,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Where do you think that 8K+ in population growth came from over the last decade....

Has nothing to do with Pittsburgh perspective....has to do with Philly vs. NJ perspective, and most native Philadelphiaians will not go to Jersey.

I know the Philly cheerleaders like to think they're more associated with NJ because its more liberal and PA is more conservative. So its more "popular" I guess to be associated with NJ.

But Pittsburgh/Philadelphia and PA are much like the cities of TX...in that they're islands of Blue in a sea of Red.
To repeat kidphilly, I also appreciate your perspective. It just happens to be very different from mine (with the exception of the bolded comment). In truth, however, the majority of the US urban areas are blue in a sea of red, as noted in the 2008 election map:

http://www.mikedell.com/wp-content/u...ction_map1.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2011, 09:42 AM

857 posts, read 1,356,388 times
Arizona - Phoenix
California - LA
Florida - Miami
Missouri - St Louis
New Jersey - Atlantic City
North Carolina - Charlotte
Ohio - Cleveland
Pennsylvania - Philly( whats funny/sad is that I've met people who thought it was its own state or that it wasn't a part of PA )
Tennessee - Nashville
Texas - Dallas

Old 06-16-2011, 09:52 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,846,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirGreenDown View Post
ok. Although you just said people from Philly say "I don't go to NJ" but this is silly, you're in pittsburgh.
No I'm not...I'm in NYC actually, but am from Pittsburgh and lived in Philadelphia for 3 years before I moved to NYC..maybe you should ask next time before assuming.

Silly - Why because you don't agree , I'm sorry if I saw a different world of Philadelphia than you do... again, life in Philadelphia does happen outside of Center City, which seems to be bubble a lot you guys here live in.

Old 06-16-2011, 09:56 AM

5,802 posts, read 9,846,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
To repeat kidphilly, I also appreciate your perspective. It just happens to be very different from mine (with the exception of the bolded comment). In truth, however, the majority of the US urban areas are blue in a sea of red, as noted in the 2008 election map:

http://www.mikedell.com/wp-content/u...ction_map1.jpg
Of course it is .... btw I am loving the Philadelphiaspeaks forum, they have a much more unbias and realistic view of the real Philadelphia, many of them native Philadelphiaians...

Its not all Pretentiousnes and Cheerleading, they know how to get down to the nitty gritty of matters.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 AM

7,528 posts, read 10,183,013 times
Quote:
Of course it is .... btw I am loving the Philadelphiaspeaks forum, they have a much more unbias and realistic view of the real Philadelphia, many of them native Philadelphiaians...

Its not all Pretentiousnes and Cheerleading, they know how to get down to the nitty gritty of matters.
I am happy to let my posts in this thread and on the Philly forum illustrate my perspective.

As I already said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm02 View Post
I also appreciate your perspective.

Old 06-16-2011, 10:04 AM

22,379 posts, read 38,665,395 times
Quote:

Enjoy El and others there. Pretentiousness, no, Cheerleading at times but hey this is CD. On the differance of perspectives; just is what it is. I agreed with another poster that Pittsburgh (from my perspective) embodies PA as a whole better than does Philly in the context of this thread. Some have agreed some haven't

As I said before your perspective (as is mine and many others) is always welcome; but we all dont have to agree

Old 06-16-2011, 10:16 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,000,674 times
Arizona - Phoenix
California - Los Angeles
Florida - Miami
Missouri - St Louis
New Jersey - Trenton
North Carolina - Raleigh
Ohio - Cleveland
Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Tennessee - Nashville
Texas - Austin

Old 06-18-2011, 06:26 PM

106 posts, read 235,146 times
Arizona - PHX
California - LA
Florida - Miami
Missouri - STL
New Jersey - Newark
North Carolina - Charlotte
Ohio -Cleveland
Pennsylvania - Philly
Tennessee - Nashville
Texas - Dallas

Old 01-11-2012, 03:53 PM

6 posts, read 8,122 times
Arizona- Peoria
California- Downey
Florida- Miami
Missouri- Kansas City
New Jersey-
North Carolina-Charlotte
Ohio- Cleaveland
Pennsylvania- Erie
Tennessee- Memphis
Texas- Corpus Christi

Old 01-11-2012, 04:51 PM

115 posts, read 206,747 times
Arizona: Phoenix
California: Fresno
Florida: Ft. Lauderdale
Missouri: Springfield
New Jersey: Newark
North Carolina: Charlotte
Ohio: Toledo
Pennsylvania: Harrisburg
Tennessee: Nashville
Texas: Houston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City