U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Connecticut vs New Jersey
Connecticut 17 40.48%
New Jersey 25 59.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 03:04 PM

2,648 posts, read 3,439,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
Are you sure about that?
I meant it more along the lines as described below \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifeeldope View Post
In a way they are both kind of simliar except NJ being on a larger scale. Think about it, both have very urbanized areas clustered on there waterfronts, both have high class suburbs and both have really bad areas (CT, Bridgeport). NJ is larger and has a much higher population so the list of bad vs goods are going to be a bit more extended, but due to that point I would go with NJ because of the excess of options.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 04:19 PM

2,705 posts, read 4,649,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzyy View Post
Connecticut is much more beautiful than NJ.

Connecticut.
I don't know, when you compare SW Connecticut with Northern NJ, in my opinion Northern NJ has just as much beauty, but more importantly it has MUCH more variety in landscape. In one hour's drive you can see the most urban landscape, true leafy suburbs, and true rural scenes.

The Skylands of NJ (Northwestern part of NJ) in my opinion is many times more beautiful than SW Connecticut.

It's a shame that so many people base their impression of NJ on the VERY small area that is industrial. Seeing how often NYC is visited, it's a real shame that the industrial area happens to be so close to NYC....and therefore people develop the impression that all of Northern NJ looks like that.

Old 10-18-2010, 06:14 PM

6,972 posts, read 11,711,317 times
i can't vote - i've spent 10 + years living in either state

Old 10-18-2010, 08:48 PM

908 posts, read 885,728 times
NJ is a more powerful diverse area.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 PM

9 posts, read 1,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post
The superior suburb of NYC?
Connecticut.

Old 03-18-2014, 11:29 AM

130 posts, read 39,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drizzyy View Post
Connecticut is much more beautiful than NJ.

Connecticut.

No it's NOT, although I'm not saying NJ is more beautiful than Connecticut either. Um lets say if you had never been to the area before and drove through Connecticut through NY state and into NJ unless somebody pointed out the Welcome to NY and then NJ signs you wouldn't know from the difference in mountains, vegetation, or overall scenery that you had changed states. All 3 states are basically oak and pine forests and there is water everywhere in the forms of lakes, streams, and ponds surrounded by green rolling hills (until you get to the middle part of NY state and mountains get taller, or past Central NJ where the terrain becomes flat). Also, CT and NJ have their fare share of nice and not so nice areas. A lot of people like to make the argument that CT is more rural but if you drive over to Sussex, Hunterdon, and even Somerset county NJ it is very rural as well. Heck people often get shocked when driving through Bergen County NJ (which is the county over the George Washington Bridge). Within a 20 minute drive from Manhattan you can be driving on route 202 aka Ramapo Valley Road through Mahwah due south and you will pass horse farms, colonial estates, and even the Ramapo Valley Reservation (where you can hike). Point is even the northern part of Bergen County is very rural (especially considering it's proximity to NYC). Honestly, If you live in CT VS NJ I really don't think you have an overall much different life experience as both states are part of the NY tristate area and share a lot of the same common value such as hard work and emphasis on education. Lets face it CT, NJ, NY (tristate) is the true financial power house of the nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City