U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix or Chicago?
Phoenix 52 22.32%
Chicago 181 77.68%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 09:30 AM

20,005 posts, read 68,074,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkcapitaloftheworld View Post
31 eh? doesnt seem like it, i just hope all of this is makin you feel better. you went through all that trouble, it should make you feel better. you called los angeles, los crapeles, really, do my typo's or incorrect spellings top that? Nice way to try to degrade LA by callin it los crapeles, atleast your original. No matter how much time you spend degrading LA or trying to find errors in my posts, it doesnt change the fact that your proving NOTHING, LA > Chi, lol, good luck findin more errors. lol

WOAH! I wont even comment on the above spelling, caps, punctuation... my eyes are hurting just trying to read that.

And yes, LA is Los Crapeles in my eyes. You cant change that, so deal with it.

Anyways, sorry folks, maybe someday we can get back on topic here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,581,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkcapitaloftheworld View Post
LA > Chi
Is this a joke?

Old 07-10-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
Is this a joke?
Youre not laughing?

Everyone else is!

Old 07-10-2007, 01:29 PM

2,775 posts, read 10,581,436 times

Sorry, I was just in shock that someone could actually say that.

Old 07-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post

Sorry, I was just in shock that someone could actually say that.
That certain someone has obviously never been to Chicago.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:06 PM

3,884 posts, read 7,440,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf131 View Post
I'll go with Chicago. I don't think I could stand the summers in Phoenix or being near a desert. Phoenix, unlike Chicago, is a relatively isolated major city. With Chicago you have tons of cities close by...St. Louis, Milwaukee, Indy, Cleveland, Cincy, Louisville, Minneapolis. Plus you get a more continental climate which I tend to like, and Chicago's summers while they can get very hot do not get anywhere close to ovens like Phoenix. I'll take Chicago. In any case, given I am a resident here and love it and have been to the Southwest, I'd live in the Midwest before I'd ever live in the Southwest.

You are going overboard when you list a lot of those cities as being close. Milwaukee is the only one listed that I would consider close. I estimate that the rest of the cities listed are 5-8 hrs away.

Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM

1,816 posts, read 5,086,074 times
Why does their need to be a "vs" conversation at all?

Phoenix and Chicago are not apples to apples. I would visit Phoenix over Chicago from late fall to Spring more often. That is why there are snowbirds that do it all the time. And I would definitely visit Chicago much more in the summer.

And from some of the posts I have read...

Why are you comparing suburbs to suburbs? @ million people live in the CITY of Chicago. Many live in and near downtown etc...many people enjoy living city life, others don't.

When I visit a city I see the attractions and also spend time in more lcoal areas with locals. Both. Best way to visit a city imo.

And people need to understand some distances....all relative....Phoenix is a weekend's drive from Vegas, L.A. San Diego etc....and much of the above mentioned cities minus Minneapolis are 3-5 hours from Chicago as well.

The best parts of Chicago imo are all the things in the big and spread out city, to live and to visit.

Phoenix is a much smaller place with huge suburban and beyond sprawl, even more so than Chicago. Some people like this and some don't.

You could easily visit either place for a weekend and do fine. As others have pointed out, Phoenix gets a ton of visitors for weather pursuits and outdoor activities, relaxation, weather. Chicago gets a ton of visitors for all of the activities that a city has to offer.

And yes, the most common thing people say when visiting Chicago for the first time, is I had no idea it was so big and people are surprised just how big Lake Michigan is...it isn't some Lake somewhere like Havasu. It's big.

Old 07-20-2007, 07:41 PM

606 posts, read 2,737,625 times
pheonix has too small of a skyline and highrise buildings. chicago wins, pretty easily.

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 PM

4,486 posts, read 14,953,370 times
Quote:
pheonix has too small of a skyline and highrise buildings.
Since when does a skyline become the sold issue when picking a place to live? I've never heard of anyone moving to a certain city because they like its' skyline...

You can say that Chicago wins against Phoenix but yet you compare Detroit to Boston?? Give me a break!

Old 07-20-2007, 08:48 PM

546 posts, read 2,239,703 times
Everyone has personal preferences.

and my personal preference is Chicago
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or