U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Phoenix or Chicago?
Phoenix 52 22.32%
Chicago 181 77.68%
Voters: 233. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 04:15 PM

606 posts, read 2,734,432 times

Advertisements

Pheonix. pretty nice city .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 04:19 PM

28 posts, read 141,765 times
I have been to chicago and phoenix many times. I honestly HATE chicago. The entire state of il is so boring and then in the top corner theres chicago. Chicago is kinda kewl for nightlife but man its cold. Phoenix is a blaze in the summer but winters are like 65 degrees cant beat that it really depends on what you want in my opinion stay out of ILlinois it is so bloody boring

Old 07-22-2007, 04:28 PM

153 posts, read 615,866 times
I've been to Chicago enough times and have never been to Phoenix so Phoenix is my choice.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 PM

20,005 posts, read 67,989,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmo View Post
If you read my responses it says I COULD CARE LESS IF YOU HATE PHOENIX!!!
If you could care less that I hate Phoenix, let me speak my mind, in peace.

Get off my back.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:49 PM

68 posts, read 229,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
If you could care less that I hate Phoenix, let me speak my mind, in peace.

Get off my back.
your wish is my command. oh by the way; isn't the weather much cooler now. I guess it's not 125 degrees for 8 straight months.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:09 PM

43 posts, read 52,204 times
nice to see a goodold fashioned city versus city thread
they have been banished from skyscrapercity forum
which you guys should check out in case you havent.

oh and i voted for chicago ofcourse.
i lived in phoenix,
never again,
never never again

Last edited by mohammed wong; 07-22-2007 at 10:20 PM..

Old 07-23-2007, 01:59 AM

5,716 posts, read 14,233,503 times
Well, I'm an idiot as I just voted for Phoenix and then read "which would you like to visit?" I'd rather live in the heat and sun than snow and wind, but Chicago seems like a better place for a tourist.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:10 AM

20,005 posts, read 67,989,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adelmo View Post
your wish is my command. oh by the way; isn't the weather much cooler now. I guess it's not 125 degrees for 8 straight months.
Thank you.

And youre correct, its not 125 degrees for 8 months, no place on earth is that hot. BUT, PHX is still a disgusting furnace 4-5 months of the year. Not only that, but soon theyll be in their humid monsoon season, which brings torrential downpours and rivers of disgusting brown water flowing through the streets. Their hell is summer, our hell is winter. The seasons are simply reversed.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:44 PM

1,008 posts, read 3,670,325 times
No question Chicago. The city is far from perfect but it's one of the best places you could live "in my opinion." Culture, diversity, variety, goof transit, world class entertainment, fine dining, small bookstores, clubs, parks etc.. And to top it off Chicago is still an affordable place to live. You can get a one bedroom apartment for $700, not like CA or NY but yet has some of the same elements.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:54 PM

530 posts, read 1,295,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
If you had to choose between the two cities to visit, which would it be? Whether visiting for arts, sciences, museums, parks, sports, cuisine, theatre, etc, etc, etc, which would you choose, and why? Spring and fall would be ideal times to visit as Chicago can get super cold in winter and PHX is super hot in summer. Basically, which offers more to do in terms of everything?

I have some guy on the AZ boards insisting that noone likes to visit Chicago, and that its a "junk heap". Im willing to offer proof that there are LOTS of folks who adore Chicago.
This topic has gone way off the original question, but the more interesting city to visit, in my opinion, is Chicago. Better museums, better architecture, better comedy clubs like Second City, better blues bars, better classic baseball fields like Wrigley Field, better parks like Millenium. If you're a tourist, Chicago simply offers more than Phoenix, particularly in the summer.

Chicago *used* to be a junk heap, and don't get me wrong, there's still plenty of areas of Chicago you'd be a fool to wander around at night. But for the most part the city has really gentrified, is exceptionally walkable (unlike Phoenix) and a charming place to visit.

As for the better city overall, as you can see from the rest of the shouting match, it depends what you prefer. There are plenty of people who adore Chicago and plenty of people who adore Phoenix and there are a heck of a lot of Chicagoans living in Phoenix. My personal opinion is that Chicago is the more interesting place to live, but the scenery outside the lake isn't as interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or