Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 09:36 AM

5,993 posts, read 10,184,408 times

Advertisements

I saw the bottom 10 of this poll on TV somewhere and NYC, Chicago and Houston are in the bottom 10. Yes, NYC is listed twice as most hated AND most desired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 AM

70 posts, read 86,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Min-Chi-Cbus View Post
I saw the bottom 10 of this poll on TV somewhere and NYC, Chicago and Houston are in the bottom 10. Yes, NYC is listed twice as most hated AND most desired.
San Francisco, LA, Washington are also at the bottom 10.

New York City...the most adored and envied ...and as history has shown us... with envy comes hate!!

Last edited by 10013; 10-22-2010 at 11:40 AM..

Old 10-22-2010, 05:37 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10013 View Post
San Francisco, LA, Washington are also at the bottom 10.

New York City...the most adored and envied ...and as history has shown us... with envy comes hate!!
The cities with the strongest and most iconic images projected out to the American public are always going to be the most well known and so people will either love that image or hate it.

Especially if they are cities whose prevailing political ideals are in line our out of line with a huge segment of the population.

NY, SF, LA and DC are all believed to be liberal 'cesspools' by unber neo-cons and so they are almost predisposed to hate anything about those cities regardless as to what the topic is.

I mean, just look at SF, even on this website Ive read at least 5 dozen times(even yesterday in two separate threads) that SF is being ruined by hippies...its hilarious.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:39 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,499,960 times
Even in the "CITIES RATED" Annual ranking of cities by Livability, Sperling dedicates a few paragraphs to the fact that some cities, usually NY, LA and SF rank very very high in some good categories and very, very low in some other categories.

Such is the nature of those kinds of cities-you want world class? Well that's accompanied by world class prices and world class traffic too.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:54 PM

301 posts, read 639,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Even in the "CITIES RATED" Annual ranking of cities by Livability, Sperling dedicates a few paragraphs to the fact that some cities, usually NY, LA and SF rank very very high in some good categories and very, very low in some other categories.

Such is the nature of those kinds of cities-you want world class? Well that's accompanied by world class prices and world class traffic too.
give your mouth rest now angelinos, go to bed and have dream where you are alongside NY because when you wake up you will be back to side of new orleans and detroit
rest now, sleep tight and let imagination go wild. angelinos need dream to make themselves feel better about dump they call city

Old 10-22-2010, 06:00 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,384,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Blasphamany View Post
give your mouth rest now angelinos, go to bed and have dream where you are alongside NY because when you wake up you will be back to side of new orleans and detroit
rest now, sleep tight and let imagination go wild. angelinos need dream to make themselves feel better about dump they call city
Do you ever have anything to post that has some substance? You make New York blush with embarrassment!

Old 10-22-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Do you ever have anything to post that has some substance? You make New York blush with embarrassment!
why do you think NY and LA are on same level?
if you can give me one good reason that shows they are on same level without saying hollywood i would respect angelinos

Old 10-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
why do you think NY and LA are on same level?
if you can give me one good reason that shows they are on same level without saying hollywood i would respect angelinos
It is Angeleno btw.

Last edited by californio sur; 10-22-2010 at 07:04 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
You never offer any kind of cogent thought. It makes people overlook your comments as merely partisan and empty. It is Angeleno btw.
no angelinos overlook what i post because truth hurts them. i will give L.A it has decreased crime but city is still in bad shape and if you deny you are blind to reality. furthermore i have noticed with you and other angelinos get defensive very fast when city is criticized, all of you deny surface problem of your city. i.e L.A has worst unemployment for major city sans detroit and vegas but angelinos retalliate posting chart where small metros size of modesto are worse. who are you trying to fool, you are fooling only yourself. your city is not end all be all and not peer of NY you can take my words and have tears in eyes but it will not change fact that your city is wasteland

Last edited by Ghost of Blasphamany; 10-22-2010 at 06:29 PM..

Old 10-22-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
no angelinos overlook what i post because truth hurts them. i will give L.A it has decreased crime but city is still in bad shape and if you deny you are blind to reality. furthermore i have noticed with you and other angelinos get defensive very fast when city is criticized, all of you deny surface problem of your city. i.e L.A has worst unemployment for major city sans detroit and vegas but angelinos retalliate posting chart where small metros size of modesto are worse. who are you trying to fool, you are fooling only yourself. your city is not end all be all and not peer of NY you can take my words and have tears in eyes but it will not change fact that your city is wasteland
Where is Shelton? You used to claim to live in New York. And your overt disrespect to others suggests you have an agenda regardless of the discussion. So I will not respond to you again.

Last edited by californio sur; 10-22-2010 at 07:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City