U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Which City you perfer to live in?
Chicago 31 63.27%
Houston 18 36.73%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-12-2007, 05:18 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,613,382 times
Reputation: 510

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LA will never be NY.

Houston will never be CHI.

Why argue? Ive seen Houston lose on every poll here. Its great and all that its growing, but sprawl and population growth does not make a great city. To compare Houston to NYC or Chicago is just bizarre IMO. Theyre not even on the same playing field. Houston needs to be compared to Dallas or Phoenix or Miami...
Remember two things: Houston does not want to be Chicago, and just how cocky are you to think that Chicago and New York are equally great?

 
Old 07-12-2007, 05:20 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,613,382 times
Reputation: 510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
Houston is a baby right now compared to Chicago and New York. It is still maturing into a city. Sadly, sprawl has hurt Houston's growth and now the city is trying to change that the best way they can.
Not a baby. More like a younger brother, lol.
 
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM
 
Location: In God
3,073 posts, read 10,613,382 times
Reputation: 510
This should have ended the thread:

Quote:
Chicago has got its act together in the eyes of many people, and until Houston gets "better" (or whatever), it's asking to be picked on. No matter that it's a very cosmopolitan, extremely diverse, unique haven for young go-getters in search of world class ammenities and a plethora of activities to get into. Don't be concerned with the fact that it's overcome virtually all southern stereoptypes more than any other city down here. Because none of that matters when you're not New York/Chicago/Boston/San Francisco/Seattle.
 
Old 07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
 
Location: City of Angels
1,288 posts, read 4,581,240 times
Reputation: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
LA will never be NY.
That's for sure. Why on earth would it ever want to be?
 
Old 07-12-2007, 11:28 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,236 posts, read 25,935,555 times
Reputation: 9002
Chicago isn't on the level of NY. LA isn't either and no city is even close to being on NY's level. NY is on another level than any city in the western hemisphere so we will squash that there.

However, as much as Angelenos do not like it. Chicago is on their level. It is a global connected alpha rated powerhouse. Just like LA.

Houston as of now is not on the level of Chicago and it'll be a while before it reaches there. However, they are just 1 tier behind them.
 
Old 07-12-2007, 11:59 PM
 
150 posts, read 636,386 times
Reputation: 87
Quote:
Yep, Chicago isnt important because you dont hear about it 1,200 miles away in Houston.

Funny thing is, living up here 30 years of my life, Ive NEVER heard Houston mentioned. Wait, nevermind. I did remember hearing Houston mentioned when the White Sox bashed em in the World Series. But dont feel bad, Im a Cubs fan.

And you say you dont hear about Chicago on a daily basis? Just flip on the TV. Youll see it in commercials, on movies, on financial reports, etc, etc, etc.
read my post correctly, i was proving something, somebody was trying to prove that Houston isnt important just because they dont hear it on a day-to-basis, you just love going after people, its funny, keep it up. lol
 
Old 07-13-2007, 12:34 AM
 
Location: City of Angels
1,288 posts, read 4,581,240 times
Reputation: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
However, as much as Angelenos do not like it. Chicago is on their level. It is a global connected alpha rated powerhouse. Just like LA.

People in Los Angeles DO NOT CARE! All of these city vs. city threads, polls, and the nonsense about which city is on that city's level and so on is mostly posted by forumers from the Midwest. Gee, I wonder why?
 
Old 07-13-2007, 06:59 AM
 
Location: Texas
2,703 posts, read 2,450,309 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealAngelion View Post
People in Los Angeles DO NOT CARE! All of these city vs. city threads, polls, and the nonsense about which city is on that city's level and so on is mostly posted by forumers from the Midwest. Gee, I wonder why?
Your wrong. I have seen many people from LA getting into heated discussions on city vs. city threads that included Los Angeles.
 
Old 07-13-2007, 08:03 AM
 
Location: City of Angels
1,288 posts, read 4,581,240 times
Reputation: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerilla View Post
Your wrong. I have seen many people from LA getting into heated discussions on city vs. city threads that included Los Angeles.
Oh really, where are they? I stand by what I said. All you have to do is look at most of these sorts of threads and polls and see who created them. They are not people in LA.
 
Old 07-13-2007, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Phoenix metro
20,005 posts, read 67,995,907 times
Reputation: 10053
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpope409 View Post
Remember two things: Houston does not want to be Chicago, and just how cocky are you to think that Chicago and New York are equally great?
I was making a simple point. How "cocky" are you to open your mouth?

Anyone who has a thinking brain will know that Chicago and NY are GREAT cities. Do we need to have another poll to prove that alot more folks would prefer NY and Chicago to Houston? Or do you want to see Houston get blasted down again? Heck, even Portland was way preferred over Houston. Im willing to play your games.... theres no cockiness here, just common sense and good taste, amigo. Just let me know and Ill fire up the ol' poll once again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top