Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2010, 04:06 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,696,926 times

Advertisements

You know what it is............black n yellow/ black n yellow/ black n yellow/ black n yellow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 04:07 PM

442 posts, read 822,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeauty212 View Post
Top Cities For African Americans - BLACK ENTERPRISE

Thanks for that Carolina Blue....Proves what I've been saying all along.....Segragated...Not my idea of "best experience".... Having high amount of Black doesn't mean a thing when they have to live in Segragated communites as is very well known in the South....Seems like you're the one living under the Rock!
Way to cherry pick.
Quote:
In spite of those facts, Birmingham boasts the lowest black/white home loan rejection ratio among the top 10 and has the highest percentage of African American homeowners, 58%. Survey respondents indicated above average satisfaction with cost of living and housing. Indeed, the city's cost of living index is well below the national average.
Nice try though.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:12 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,774,892 times
Quote:
Having high amount of Black doesn't mean a thing when they have to live in Segragated communites as is very well known in the South
"HAVE to live in segregated communities"? You really think Jim Crow is still in effect down here, don't you? The fact of the matter is that in many Southern cities, middle-class neighborhoods are more or less integrated. For Blacks who are moving South and choose to move into predominantly Black neighborhoods, trust me, they ain't livin' in the hood.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:13 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,696,926 times
isn't Bham in Alabama? Smh..............the land that god forgot.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:19 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,717,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_Aficionado View Post
No black radio at all.....I may need to rethink this.
It may sound trival, but consider it a measuring stick to what the city has to offer. Think about it. A city that big with no black radio station?? F%&# outta hear!!! Where they do that!?! LOL!

Old 10-31-2010, 04:32 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,381,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
isn't Bham in Alabama? Smh..............the land that god forgot.
LOL, maybe so but NASA sure didn't forget about it.

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc434/ATL_Aficionado/NASA.jpg (broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
It may sound trival, but consider it a measuring stick to what the city has to offer. Think about it. A city that big with no black radio station?? F%&# outta hear!!! Where they do that!?! LOL!
I know right! If I were to leave Atlanta for Pitt, I would very likely start burning CD's a month or so in advance.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:36 PM

442 posts, read 822,433 times
Quote:
Look at Wiz...This is Pittsburgh thru and thru..Look at a rapper who shows how blacks and whites come together to Rep their city......Is it this way in Birmingham??? or in the South for that matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw&ob=av2e

lol, I saw maybe one or two white people in that video and why did he have a nice new car but living at home with his mama? Come on now.

Old 10-31-2010, 04:37 PM

787 posts, read 1,688,440 times
Quote:
Show me that offical data....As far I know you pulled that data out your A$$....

What do you have to say about these numbers?

Quote:
The statistical story in the Pittsburgh area is even bleaker, according to University of Pittsburgh studies. Seventy percent of black children live with no father. Up to 50 percent of the black males in Pittsburgh Public schools do not graduate.

Because young black males can't be divorced from their communities, the harsh socioeconomic realities that many blacks in Pittsburgh face figure in the story of young men.

University of Pittsburgh studies show that black Americans in this city are worse off than in 70 comparable cities across the nation: up to 46 percent of black children here live in poverty, and 70 percent live with no father.

In Pittsburgh, 70 percent of black families earn less than $25,000 a year. Unemployment for black Pittsburghers -- 9.4 percent -- is nearly triple the rate for white adults, according to studies from Pitt's Center for Social and Urban Research.

Read more: Invisible Men: Many young black males are in crisis

Old 10-31-2010, 04:45 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,846,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Glad a Radio station somes up a whole culture to you...Way to Cherry Pick!....

WAMO was sorely mis-managed...and they DIDN'T Play anything that couldn't be heard on one of the Top 40 stations so they didn't command a specific audiance, blacks were switching between WAMO B94 and Kiss all playing the same thing....B94 and Kiss advertised the same events as WAMO...

Losing WAMO was no great tragedy here....We can still get all the Latest Rap and R&B and its repeated just as much as it was on WAMO.

Anyways who still listens to Broadcast Radio? that's sooooo 90's....again Pittsburgh is just ahead of what is a dying form of Entertainment....Don't worry folks in Bham will catch up....

Its all about Satellite, Ipod's, You Tube and Internet Streaming - Get with the times Bham...

Radio is dying (and it's about time) | The Monitor | Independent Weekly

Radio InSights: Is Radio Dying, Growing, or What?

Old 10-31-2010, 04:53 PM

5,802 posts, read 9,846,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakal View Post
What do you have to say about these numbers?
A story that can be repeated around the country...Its in every big city...Not just Pittsburgh...Nor did I ever say Pittsburgh was a great black mecca....What I did say is I would like proof that Bham affords Blacks a better life than all the other major cities with stories similar to Pittsburgh. But there's also a strong middle class in the Burgh in which blacks are afforded...

Show me the stats of Bham Blacks in proverty vs Whites, and Unemployment of Blacks vs Whites are you saying its reversed Blacks earn more and are more skillfully employed in Bham that Whites are I would like to see that.

As well Pittsburgh is also a top city for Income Growth
http://www.bizjournals.com/pittsburg...1/daily20.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City