Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Choose oen
Baltimore 21 14.48%
Washington, D.C. 59 40.69%
Charlotte 18 12.41%
Atlanta 28 19.31%
New Orleans 19 13.10%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 07:06 PM

175 posts, read 287,128 times

Advertisements

I don't care if you dropped everyone in Manhattan on Atlanta, Atlanta will always be a southern city, and I say this for only one reason, it doesn't have miles of rowhouses like you see in D.C.

Some parts of DC is less developed and looks a bit southern. But if it was on a "southern meter" it would read "some twang, nothing much" But Atlanta on the southern meter "Slaps on knee lets a go to the general store yee haw!". Just sayin...

Atlanta does remind me of PG county though, lots of endless sprawl with a rural like feeling to it. Now PG county is southern most def.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2010, 07:07 PM

2,330 posts, read 4,400,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Yeah, if someone moves to the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore area expecting it's the south, then they're in for a rude surprise! lol.
If someone moves to the DC area believing that Maryland is not a Southern state they they are in for a Major Shocker........

Old 11-02-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansascrip View Post
B-more is northesastern
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Yes it is.
Bull Sh--!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:09 PM

175 posts, read 287,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $mk8795 View Post
If someone moves to the DC area believing that Maryland is not a Southern state they they are in for a Major Shocker........
your a funny dude smk.....

Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Baltimore & DC ain't the South man...

Charlotte has more in common with the East Coast than the South too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth Asher View Post
If only I could convince all the non believers that...
Denying the truth is not a wise thing to do when it is Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.........

Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM

4,383 posts, read 16,760,626 times
I finally did myself a favor and put a certain troll on my ignore list. It really helps!

Old 11-02-2010, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent6969 View Post
Oh, so now Charlotte is in the NE? Man get a grip.
If Baltimore is NE then VA and NC is Northeast too........

Old 11-02-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk8t View Post
How does a place "feel" southern? I don't understand this.
Its funny how people in the deep south wanna talk about what feels southern but get angry when a non-southerner make stereotypical comments about the South.......

Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
DC and Baltimore are Northern cities. No one considers them Southern. Southern NJ is further south than Baltimore.

I would probably choose New Orleans, but I would need a job first.
Another extremist opinion that doesn't change the Fact that Maryland is a Southern State.........

Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio248 View Post
I am not sure how people think DC is the South.

And I don't get the "better highways" issue. Areas with less snow always have better highways than areas with more snow. This is why DC has somehwhat better highways than say, Chicago. It doesnt' mean that DC is "The South".

The South is also the poorest part of the country. Is DC poor? No. In fact, it's one of the richest areas.

The South is also the least educated part of the country. Is DC less educated than most areas? No. In fact, it's one of the most educated areas.

The South is also the most conservative part of the country. Is DC more conservative than most places? No. In fact, it's one of the most liberal areas.

And Atlanta DEFINITELY feels like the South and feels nothing like Bethesda. Bethesda is classic Northeastern U.S. suburbia, and looks like Westchester County, NY or Connecticut.
Until you take a trip to Southern Maryland, Western Maryland, and the Maryland Eastern Shore you can not crap on people that follow the truth that Maryland is a Southern State.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City